The Great Sovereign Studios Keaton Batman Purge of 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, have to agree... that is the best looking Bats I've seen. Bummer Shawn had to keep revising the sculpt; which sadly was generally for the worse.

It'd be at least a little funny if, after this huge Keaton Batman selloff, we figure out that the license was only for Jack's Joker.

Haha.

SnakeDoc

It'd be at least a little funny if, after this huge Keaton Batman selloff, we figure out that the license was only for Jack's Joker.

Haha.

SnakeDoc

that would be hysterical...actually on bidding on one on ebay right now. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have one in case I don't have the funds for a hot toys when it comes out. I really wanted the joker but, the only one left is butt ugly..the rest were awesome

One more time in case I decide to put it on ebay, here's my Sovereign Bats with the early sculpt:
DSC02639.jpg

I'm not selling it until I see what Hot Toys comes up with. Even if I take a huge loss, I've already enjoyed this figure a lot anyway. It's one of the figures that people admire the most when they are looking at my shelves and I can't stop looking at it when I'm browsing my collection. But I'm pretty sure Hot Toys will blow us away with their Keaton Bats!:cool:

I'm not familiar with the Billiken stuff, but I'm assuming Sovereign took a pre-existing sculpt and cast it or something to use on his customs? If so, then I'll revise my statement. Anything that he himself sculpted from scratch looked like garbage, and all his face sculpts apparently used photos of the actors/characters sucking on lemons as reference. The one you have looks phenomenal, and I can only guess that's because it's not his personal sculpt.

It was that photo that was having me to jump on the fence to get one from him for my first bought custom of any form. I kept humming and hawing over all the issues on this board when things went foul with people that had good reputations. Now I'm glad to this day I never took that path when you see how things have went.

That figure does look so good though. Pity his reputation like Joe, what was once great has went to pot.

I could (and should) have warned people about Joe the second he signed up here and started selling stuff. We have a long history. Unfortunately I thought he might have been finally on the up and up, but my gut proved right.

I could (and should) have warned people about Joe the second he signed up here and started selling stuff. We have a long history. Unfortunately I thought he might have been finally on the up and up, but my gut proved right.

That really stinks...cause the figures are not bad at all !!! So what happened with the companies and its individuals ?

Joe was a great seller/dealer here for a while, then just disappeared with a ton of peoples' money, as I'm sure you're aware.

A few years back (maybe 4-5, my mind is fuzzy), myself and another friend of mine went into business with him basically running a collectible/toy message board that was eventually going to branch into its own entertainment site that covered just about everything. This was back when he was running Killertoys. Joe would sponsor the site and we would do all the work on it, with his sponsorship being the only involvement he had in the site.

A few months after it started taking off, Joe started trying to do his own things with the site, injecting his own ideas and shutting down anything my friend and I wanted to do that wasn't in line with his "vision" for the site. This included censoring the ____ out of anything negative anyone said about any toy companies (NECA and the like) because he wanted them to have a presence on the message boards as well, and it kept escalating until he ran off my friend and I took on the site myself with the promise that he would stay out of things from then on. That lasted a whole month, after which he started meddling again and basically took over operations and had his admins strip anyone but him and his people of access to the inner workings of the site. He took over the concept, name and IP of the site from myself and my friend in basically a hostile takeover because he wanted any revenue and publicity that would come if the site took off for himself, but everyone left in droves after they saw what he did.

The site eventually failed within 3 months. Shame, because it was taking off. But he couldn't resist trying to take everything for himself.

Man, I'm soooo glad I didnt bite on his new Keaton sculpt or I would be one of the guys here hopelessly trying to get their money back. I saw a pic of his supposedly new sculpt of Keaton bats so inquired about it and he said he was selling the whole figure just for freaks member for $125. I thought that was a little too good to be true so I read the rest of the Sovereign Studio thread and saw that basically he took a lot of people's money here and gave a lot of empty promises. This was around October where it just seems at the time a pipe dream for HT to make a Keaton Bats so I really wanted one of his Keaton customs.

I was sooo tempted to go ahead and send him money to order one but that nagging feeling told me not to. So glad I didnt.

Joe was a great seller/dealer here for a while, then just disappeared with a ton of peoples' money, as I'm sure you're aware.

A few years back (maybe 4-5, my mind is fuzzy), myself and another friend of mine went into business with him basically running a collectible/toy message board that was eventually going to branch into its own entertainment site that covered just about everything. This was back when he was running Killertoys. Joe would sponsor the site and we would do all the work on it, with his sponsorship being the only involvement he had in the site.

A few months after it started taking off, Joe started trying to do his own things with the site, injecting his own ideas and shutting down anything my friend and I wanted to do that wasn't in line with his "vision" for the site. This included censoring the ____ out of anything negative anyone said about any toy companies (NECA and the like) because he wanted them to have a presence on the message boards as well, and it kept escalating until he ran off my friend and I took on the site myself with the promise that he would stay out of things from then on. That lasted a whole month, after which he started meddling again and basically took over operations and had his admins strip anyone but him and his people of access to the inner workings of the site. He took over the concept, name and IP of the site from myself and my friend in basically a hostile takeover because he wanted any revenue and publicity that would come if the site took off for himself, but everyone left in droves after they saw what he did.

The site eventually failed within 3 months. Shame, because it was taking off. But he couldn't resist trying to take everything for himself.

Joe who? What was his name here?

I had no idea all this happened.

He has his periods of being a decent guy, then relapses and goes right back into being a scumbag. He'll do it just long enough to get peoples' trust, then screw them over and disappear for a long period only to resurface somewhere else under a different name.

I bought a number of things of of Joe w/o any issue... but sadly I had returned an item and was waiting on an exchange when he went scammer. So ended up out about $160 from that jerk-off :cuss

wow, i just checked the completed listings. one of the sovereign returns figures only went for $90! i accidentally bid on that before i realized it was US bidders only, and then didn't increase my maximum bid... but i would have paid a lot more than that for it.

Supply and demand... a bunch showing up at once really makes it easier for buyers to be choosy and hold out for a deal.

Back