The Great Sovereign Studios Keaton Batman Purge of 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coco's really unloading. He once held some kind of Guinness record for the most Batman '89 Batman 1/6 figures.

Now, sadly, they all go bye-bye.

He unloaded his new Catwoman too. Hmmmm... Must be confident about the HT Catwoman at some point.

I love that Pjam was able to sell his for $300... while Shawn is selling new ones and getting around $125 :lol

If I could get $300 for mine I'd do the same; but honestly I don't want to get rid of my Batman until I have a replacement in-hand and I know that means I won't get anything for mine when I sell it :lol

I love that Pjam was able to sell his for $300... while Shawn is selling new ones and getting around $125 :lol

If I could get $300 for mine I'd do the same; but honestly I don't want to get rid of my Batman until I have a replacement in-hand and I know that means I won't get anything for mine when I sell it :lol

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

you might as well just keep both then............

Yeah, but no need to have 2 Batmans (Batmen?)... one will have to go so that the other may live.

Coco's really unloading. He once held some kind of Guinness record for the most Batman '89 Batman 1/6 figures.

Now, sadly, they all go bye-bye.

He unloaded his new Catwoman too. Hmmmm... Must be confident about the HT Catwoman at some point.

:lol I think I owned six at once at one time, maybe seven. Not only have I unloaded all of them but one, I've also sold all of my Jokers.

Catwoman went because I didn't want her alone on the shelf for a couple years til HT does a 92 Batman.:D

This will completely put an end to all custom Keaton Batman figures. Unlike Indy, there will be no need for any one to produce full figures or parts once word really gets out that HT is making these. Joker may be a different story. Especially taking into consideration what's been happening with Ledger Joker customs.

there wouldnt be so many Ledger customs if HT got the likeness right on any of their heads. There will be the same kind of thing going on if HT doesnt get the head sculpt likeness right on Keaton or Nickelson.

one will have to go so that the other may live.

:lol

This will completely put an end to all custom Keaton Batman figures.

I believe that to be the case. Although, the new Indy looks like it will keep Shawn's jacket business alive and well... and the SS Vader only helped Hurricane's business. So you never know...

But since this is a guy in a full sculpted suit -- not much to separately upgrade -- I imagine the days of custom Bats is over.

there wouldnt be so many Ledger customs if HT got the likeness right on any of their heads. There will be the same kind of thing going on if HT doesnt get the head sculpt likeness right on Keaton or Nickelson.

If they mess up a masked Keaton it's all over. Nothing you can do about it. I don't see this being the case though. Besides, there really aren't any spot on custom likenesses for sale now anyways. Nicholson's a different ball game though.

:lol
I believe that to be the case. Although, the new Indy looks like it will keep Shawn's jacket business alive and well... and the SS Vader only helped Hurricane's business. So you never know...

But since this is a guy in a full sculpted suit -- not much to separately upgrade -- I imagine the days of custom Bats is over.

Yep, if HT doesn't improve it we'll have to rely on Shawn's.:monkey4 I really hope they improve it and I think they will.

Bats? Yeah I agree. Nothing really to piece out with custom parts. Nothing being offered in the realm of customs that HT won't top anyways, IMHO. Especially in the cape department.

Freaks!!! Why hast thou forsaken us?!?

aad.jpg

You have... and you're an evil person for doing it.

But in case someone got confused as to whose figures they were I did change the caption :lol

i think i'm gonna keep my sovereign one - seb's doing some great mods on it for me, with a BD display option incorporated into it. could be another year and a half before we see figs from HT, and i don't mind 2 89 batman figs, especially when one has been sebified.

i'm actually thinking of going for one of those sovereign returns figs though - always liked that one.

I'm gonna keep my old Sov Bats too, for the hell of it. It's one of the very first he ever made, with urethane, back in 2003. Regardless of the improvements 8 years later, its like having a period piece.

It is funny to see so many Jokers on ebay now as well. Just a few months ago people would have killed to get their hands on that bootleg figure. Certainly HT will make THE definitive Jack Joker... but again I'm keeping my old one, just as a comparison of what once was. I got the Blindvoyeur pants, the Les sculpt, and futzed the hell out of the hat and figure to make it look good. Curious to see this one stand side by side with the upcoming HT one.

About the only figs I wish I had dumped before HT did their own version would be the SS T2 figures. They are simply not even worth standing in the case.

I'd laugh so hard if the HT Keaton Bats became like the proposed Avatar figures. Then everyone would trying to buy back their Batmans :lol

Back