The Great Pit of Carkoon - Unsung Hero's Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vibro-Ax kit

Here is the Vibro-Ax I've been working on, it will hit silicone this weekend. I'll be offering these in kit form, you'll get all the parts you see here. Two copper rods, resin end/middle/blade and two smaller pre-posed wires with resin connectors.

DSCF1696.jpg

DSCF1695.jpg

In addition the kits will come with a resin Hasbro Skiff Guard blaster. I decided to go with the Hasbro blaster as I thought it really wasn't cool to mold the exclusive blaster that came with Luke.

Weequay hands, which are still being worked on will be offered as an addition to the kit.

Re: Vibro-Ax kit

OWWW so cool!! The copper rod will give them a nice weight... I need to make some of them :)

HAHAHAHA I actually expected you have Made a 1/6 Great Pit of Carkoon HAHAHAHA
Great work.

With all of the talent in this part of the board that wouldn't have surprised me ! :lol I was actually expecting to see a WIP of one too, seems to be a natural progression now. I like the look of the vibro - ax too.

good googly moogly.................that vibro ax looks 1:1 in that pic.................:horror

dude that is so awesome.

HAHAHAHA I actually expected you have Made a 1/6 Great Pit of Carkoon HAHAHAHA
Great work.

With all of the talent in this part of the board that wouldn't have surprised me ! :lol I was actually expecting to see a WIP of one too, seems to be a natural progression now. I like the look of the vibro - ax too.

I do want to make a Skiff, I'm thinking of the best way to make it happen. I might try my hand at Zbrush and make a digital one, break it down into moldable parts and then have it printed. Make molds from that. Don't know, but I know I want to make one really, really bad.

Well, don't know if it's too song to throw my name into the ring, but I'd like two sets of hands, two vibro-axe kits (for the two weequay heads I have coming from ya, natch!) Looks freeakin' awesome! :monkey5

Looks like I got onboard the Weequay express in perfect timing!

Count me in for the hands set and the weapons set!!!

No problem, no list yet, but likely Monday I'll do so. I'm thinking $20.00 for the Weapon kit, $10 for the hands, or $25 for both. The hands though may have to wait until I get some other stuff to pour them in. They should be ready to mold soon though.

good googly moogly.................that vibro ax looks 1:1 in that pic.................:horror

dude that is so awesome.

Don't worry....I'm working on that too. Got most of the parts already, or at least bookmarked to order. The Hairdryer is the toughest to find, but I've got that part.

I mixed it myself. You need Pros-Aide, which is a prosthetic adhesive and acrylic paint. Mix up the color you want and then mix in the Pros-Aide. Usually PAX is a mixture ratio of 50/50, but I've found it to be too tacky and shiny. I mix about a 75/25 or 80/20 paint to Pros-Aide ratio. Still adheres to the rubber well, and a nice matte finish (assuming that you are using flat paints)

I have to agree...at 1st glance the vibro axe does look 1/1.I can imagine how cool it will look assembled.

...Thinking too if one wanted to do a sarlac pit,a kiddie pool & several bags of play sand would be a good start:wink1:

[/QUOTE]
No problem, no list yet, but likely Monday I'll do so. I'm thinking $20.00 for the Weapon kit, $10 for the hands, or $25 for both. The hands though may have to wait until I get some other stuff to pour them in. They should be ready to mold soon though. [/QUOTE]

Thats so cool looking...wow.. :bow

I'm down for a weapon and hand kit, Im working nightshift at moment,
so I'll keep my eyes open for this list hehehe.
(Well, one eye open)

Awesome! I would be down for a kit, maybe two. They look fantastic.

Im really looking forward to seeing what you are going to be coming up with in the upcoming months. :)

Well, aside from Starkiller and AOTC Anakin which are both about half way done, the one that is likely to be finished first is Yak Face. Head and hands set. And Amanaman too, but I haven't decided if he will be a resin kit or an articulated gel filled Silicone piece. Lot more work in the later, but the end result would be amazing.

I mixed it myself. You need Pros-Aide, which is a prosthetic adhesive and acrylic paint. Mix up the color you want and then mix in the Pros-Aide. Usually PAX is a mixture ratio of 50/50, but I've found it to be too tacky and shiny. I mix about a 75/25 or 80/20 paint to Pros-Aide ratio. Still adheres to the rubber well, and a nice matte finish (assuming that you are using flat paints)

With the PAX can I use Model Masters paint?

Any acrylic should be fine, the only one that would make me nervous is some of the Tamiya paints. they seem to have other qualities about them that make them stronger, but I'm not sure how they would react.

Parts are under silicone, so list is starting. Again, like the weequay heads, I'm only doing ten at a time. Once those ten are shipped the list will re-open.

1. sithlord13 Weapon and 2 sets of hands Paid
2. Chakaman Weapon and 2 sets of hands Paid
3. Filmgeek Weapon and hand set PAID
4. Khonsu70 2 Weapons and hands PAID
5. mah45 4 Weapons and hands Paid
6. Manticore72c 1 Weapon and hand set
7. steveo 1 Weapon and Hand set
8. Wor-Gar 1 Weapon and hand set Paid
9. rfr5671 1 Weapon kit Paid
10. LOPIE Weapon hands and hair Paid

Please respond with which set you want, weapons, hands or both.

Last edited:
Back