The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will be here on Friday!

This is my second PF after Ash. I also have Darkman on preorder.

I'm getting mine from Adam (Dark Shadow Collectibles). Haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I'll have it before the end of the month.

Post pics if you can.

Really looking forward to pics, I had to cancel (in favor of the future 1:1 bust); but I might pick it up later.

:cool:

I picked him up tonight. I have nowhere to put him now, but still looks very cool. Wish I had a little more lighting.

IMG_7569 (Small).JPG
IMG_7577 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7578 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7580 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7582 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7583 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7584 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7587 (Medium).JPG

IMG_7588 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7591 (Medium).JPG

#332/600

Last edited:
I don't know why Sideshow feels the need to add nameplates to their PFs. We know who/what the character is. And I agree that it takes away from the "classy" look of the figure.

Overall though, this is a really nice-looking piece.

I'll reserve judgment for more flashless pics, but I'm somewhat turned off this one by that nameplate. Looks cheap, but it may well be the flash.

Nice Avatar Vegas.

A few other things. The base has rounded peg holes, which I prefer over the square ones. Also, SS, please keep this gray packaging, and use it in ALL future shipments. I love the gray styrofoam. It's clean, durable, and everything fits nicely. I was dissapointed with GTG packaging, more of the cheap white flakey styrofoam that has cracked in several places already.

Looks sweet Mesascott.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Damn hand!

I know Vito is brushing his cheek......but that "hand positioning" looks somewhat unnatural.

Looks good Mesa! I do agree with some on the nameplate though. I'd rather Sideshow make nameplates on a separate, small piece to display next to the PF if we so choose.

Nice score :rock

Nice Avatar Vegas.

A few other things. The base has rounded peg holes, which I prefer over the square ones. Also, SS, please keep this gray packaging, and use it in ALL future shipments. I love the gray styrofoam. It's clean, durable, and everything fits nicely. I was dissapointed with GTG packaging, more of the cheap white flakey styrofoam that has cracked in several places already.

So the packaging had the gray, spongy foam? That's nice. My PF Han Solo is the only PF I own that came with that. The others have that cheap, flakey syrofoam.

This turned out better then I thought it would. I wasn't really feeling the prototype pics but the in hand ones look fantastic. Too bad I don't have the $250 to buy him for my Mom, she would've loved to have this.

This turned out better then I thought it would. I wasn't really feeling the prototype pics but the in hand ones look fantastic. Too bad I don't have the $250 to buy him for my Mom, she would've loved to have this.

same here.i actually canceled it due to the proto pics

Actually I got to be the dissenter here and I thought it wasn't even looking good ever since the proto and now worst with the production model. I see Brando but more of a "cartoon" look than realistic compared to some other stuff I've seen from Sideshow.

Disappointing.... :emperor

I think it looks quite good, it is going to be hard to hold off for the 1:1 bust; the nameplate isn't winning any points for me though.

Just got mine about 20 min. ago. He looks awesome except for his carboard shirt/collar. I have no place to put him... need to buy a new display case. My new house is already full.

Alos, I love my FEDEX guy. I came home and fell asleep and missed him. When I woke up I found his "1st attempt to deliver" notice. I was bummed and mad at myself for falling asleep. about 10 min. later he knocked on the door. He said he thought I was home the first time and assumed I was in the backyard or bathroom... he said he wanted to try again so that I could have my package tonight.

The same guy delivers all of Sideshows stuff to me and he is simply amazing! If my wife ever leaves me I might need to ask my FEDEX guy out to dinner. :D

Thats great customer service Giant Chicken. I am lucky if my driver delivers to the right house. :rolleyes:

Got my tracking # from Adam. My Godfather p.f. will be here on Wednesday.

:banana

Its been a good month for collectibles for me. First Gandalf the White, now the Don.

:chew

Back