The GI Joe Collections Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downsizing grandma for a move and she let me have one of her China cabinets. My wife thinks it's too nice for Joe's but that's because she wanted to put her dishes in it. I won this battle. The top shelf has 12 SS Figs. In time, hopefully the whole cabinet will be completely SS Joe's and Cobra's but for now I went ahead and unboxed some vintage figs and a few vehicles to see how it looked.
PA020039.jpg

PA020041.jpg

PA020042.jpg

PA020043.jpg

PA020024.jpg

PA020038.jpg

Last edited:
PA020038.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Really cool collection but the kid in me is super wow'd buy your 3 3/4 gijoe collection:clap That is soo awesome looking, I have been thinking of picking up a few old favorates on card but that is a slippery slope:panic: I was at moms yesterday and found some of my old joes from when I was a kid and desided to bring home my old repaired and frankinsteined road pig as I'm bashing one in 1:6:)

Really cool collection but the kid in me is super wow'd buy your 3 3/4 gijoe collection:clap That is soo awesome looking, I have been thinking of picking up a few old favorates on card but that is a slippery slope:panic: I was at moms yesterday and found some of my old joes from when I was a kid and desided to bring home my old repaired and frankinsteined road pig as I'm bashing one in 1:6:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, I used to have a lot of dreams that I'd be in a toy store for hours, just going through all the Joe's like I would when I was a kid. I went through a phase where I'd just score other peoples collections to resell on Ebay. What started as inventory quickly blurred into a personal collection. Now I don't have to go to sleep to live in that world whenever I feel like reliving it.

I would never be able to refrain myself from opening those 3/4s

Those are the 25th Anni's on the wall correct? I have a bunch of those that I have no clue on how I want to display. It sucks having them packed in a box and to not look at them.

Ski

Those are the 25th Anni's on the wall correct? I have a bunch of those that I have no clue on how I want to display. It sucks having them packed in a box and to not look at them.

Ski

Surprisingly, teemu's display doesn't look clutter****ed despite the sheer amount he has. But his are opened though.

I would never be able to refrain myself from opening those 3/4s

That's why I think 3 sets are ideal. In case I have a breakdown I can open up 1 set, keep an unopened set on display, and sell off a set in 20 years to pay for it all.

Ski

Yup. Look for roughly 64 square feet of wall space and hang some pegboard, put them in star cases and enjoy. I'm sure there's a more expensive way to do it, as well as a cheaper way, but these can be handled rather easily without worry. I really don't think people see the pegboard when they walk into this room anyway, they are so blown away by the volume of figures. I just framed the backside of the pegboard with 2x4's and screwed it into the wall studs. All the vehicles are on pine shelving I threw together on the oposite wall.

I finished up my acrylic case for the ninja temple. I haven't even started trying to pose the figures, I just took them out of the detolf and threw them in there, I need to unbox the Ninja Viper and Black Dragon and get everyone in some more interesting and interactive poses.
23017582.jpg

48006650.jpg

15766290.jpg

80612534.jpg

27160641.jpg

Ski

Same boat, I had them on pins in star cases for awhile then I moved to my house and currently displayed in bookcases, but there are so many you can't see them all very well...still looking for the best way to display I have sold 99% of my 25th/roc etc vehicles and only my figs remain, I have the space just not sure what is the best cabinet or display, not a fan of just hanging them up, as I like my wall space for art/posters.

I finished up my acrylic case for the ninja temple. I haven't even started trying to pose the figures, I just took them out of the detolf and threw them in there, I need to unbox the Ninja Viper and Black Dragon and get everyone in some more interesting and interactive poses.
23017582.jpg

48006650.jpg

15766290.jpg

80612534.jpg

27160641.jpg

Wow looks great!

Back