The GI Joe Collections Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
:flag :flag
gijoedevilsdue.jpg
:flag :flag

I figure we've got a enough releases to warrant a thread like this. It'd be cool to see how everyone displays their figures as well as those with the Wall and Throne Environments. I've seen dozens of these kinda shots littered throughout x-amount of threads so why not have a thread devoted to displays, etc.:lecture

Mostly my 25th Anniversary stuff, I used to have most of the original figures/vehicles/playsets sealed, but sold them when times got tough, can't afford the prices they are going for now, but cheaper alternatives are nice too!

got most of the Joe statues that have been released which can be seen at my collection thread:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78462

Oh this room will be display room for toys, and statues when I run out of room in my media room.

Wow Thats nuts!!! Cool tho!!! Mine looks like spazzy but its all packed away! :( . Except no 12" which i have to catch up or just wait for the pfs. Great collection guys keep the pics coming so i cvan have ideas for when i un pack them.

Man that's awesome. Looking at these pictures makes me resent my parents even more for making me throw away all my Joes when we moved when I was 12.

Here's a couple old pics... haven't updated in a while...

PICT1315.jpg

PICT1317.jpg

Good turn out so far! :rock

At this this point I'm pretty sure Deak knows how envious I am of his vintage toy collection, and not just Joes. Dig dPrime's foreign guys as well, partticularly Gatilho, TF Airtight and the Z Force figs. 'Face's is just relentless with the cool factor though, particularly love the cardback "wallpaper" and all the easter eggs I could sit here and pick out. :drool

Great spreads though everyone!

So where're the rest? :tap

Admittedly I'm redoing my displays, particularly the Cobra one as I have something in mind that will nicely accomodate the few I have. Meanwhile here's a couple I never get sick of posting:

ARAH2.jpg

teamshot.jpg

Top-right shelf is chalk-full of win! :rock:rock:rock

Good turn out so far! :rock

At this this point I'm pretty sure Deak knows how envious I am of his vintage toy collection, and not just Joes. Dig dPrime's foreign guys as well, partticularly Gatilho, TF Airtight and the Z Force figs. 'Face's is just relentless with the cool factor though, particularly love the cardback "wallpaper" and all the easter eggs I could sit here and pick out. :drool

Thanks guys! Yeah, the Original Thirteen are pretty sweet. Still need to complete a set of straight-arm versions, though... Mando, your stuff is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to getting my basement finished, finally... I plan on putting up some new shelves and getting a proper display going. I've been eyeing some of the pics in the "Show Your Shelves" section and I'd like to get something a little more slick and modern going.

Small Joes are difficult to display, I've found - and then you also have to find a way to get the big stuff in (like that damn Terrordrome I've got), without looking cluttered. Any ideas?

Thanks guys! Yeah, the Original Thirteen are pretty sweet. Still need to complete a set of straight-arm versions, though... Mando, your stuff is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to getting my basement finished, finally... I plan on putting up some new shelves and getting a proper display going. I've been eyeing some of the pics in the "Show Your Shelves" section and I'd like to get something a little more slick and modern going.

Small Joes are difficult to display, I've found - and then you also have to find a way to get the big stuff in (like that damn Terrordrome I've got), without looking cluttered. Any ideas?

Digging your collection, remember seeing it on american dream comics forum! Awesome!!! Hey where did u get those stands for the plans??? Need some!!!

Some more Joe stuff I have:

Some older Joe art I had:

By Mark Texeira:

By Campbell, a big regret having to sell this, but nothing I could do about it.

Was supposed to receive this but was lost on the way from England, just the masonite board made it to me, took a year from fedex to get a refund.

I love G I joe, 2 1/2 boxes of Joe comics, pretty much have every issue (minus some variants) from Marvel, Image, DDP, IDW and others...still need to get the UK Action Force, but one day will.

Some of the rarer Joe books:

And because I was an Ex Marine, love these books!

Some of my favorites comics/covers.
Loved Mark Texeira's run on Ghost Rider, hung out with him a few years ago at SDCC, helped him make a 200 print sketchbook in 2 days, started on Thurs went for sale on Saturday at the show, awesome experience even though was exhausting.

DST Snake Eyes Wall sculpture, came out pretty good I think.

Back