The Freaks Inked Up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday night the scabbing started but it is almost all gone. I really didn't scab up to much. I wonder if it is a color thing in the ink. All of my black and grey tatts scabbed like crazy. :dunno

I have read a few online posts of people saying they never scab due to whatever it is they use. I find that hard to believe that you wouldn't get just a little bit of crust on any tatt. I guess the important part is if you do, not to pick at it. :lol

Well considering I have a CRAPLOAD of black on my tattoo - I hope I don't scab much...I'm definitely expecting to a little...guess I'll find out soon enough. :lol

The black outlines are the only part that scabbed for me. Must be the process or something. The artist does it differently than the shading.

The black outlines are the only part that scabbed for me. Must be the process or something. The artist does it differently than the shading.

They use less needles to do line work and they are much much sharper. That's why it hurts more. It is a more fine line and it goes deeper into the skin. I asked frank about it and he described the line needles as being like little nails being driven into the skin and the other gun, the painting one as being like a paint brush. There are way more needles and they are actually duller. So that's why they hurt less. So I guess that's why you scab a little more when they use the line gun. I find that strange because I always thought that the sharper the needle the less the pain.

So I guess if they used a spoon in Robin Hood it actually may not have hurt more you nitwits. LOL!

I have a relative that's a tattoo artist and he's been dying to give me one. He's brilliant at it.

I wouldn't know what to get! :lol

just a few ideas for you:

istockphoto_4789658-slug.jpg

slug.jpg

istockphoto_4681513-slug.jpg

tugger-small.png

i think you get the idea :lol

:rock:rock:rock

A tattoo thread, great!
I'm planning on becoming a tattoo artist, I have no idea where to begin though. My plan is to get all the equipment, then getting some videos and practice, practice, practice. I already have a ton of victim.....uh, volunteers to practice on so hopefully it'll work out.
I've asked about an apprenticeship at many of the shops around here, but no one seems the least bit interested.

I have a few pieces done, mostly on my arms and back of my neck, the biggest one is a half sleeve on my right arm, I'm considering getting a full one.

A tattoo thread, great!
I'm planning on becoming a tattoo artist, I have no idea where to begin though. My plan is to get all the equipment, then getting some videos and practice, practice, practice. I already have a ton of victim.....uh, volunteers to practice on so hopefully it'll work out.
I've asked about an apprenticeship at many of the shops around here, but no one seems the least bit interested.

I have a few pieces done, mostly on my arms and back of my neck, the biggest one is a half sleeve on my right arm, I'm considering getting a full one.

My tattooist told me that he took a bunch of his actual artwork into a shop and asked for an apprenticeship. They hired him on the spot and he started the next day. He didn't get to pick up a tattoo gun for an entire year.

Maybe try taking your art in with you. I would say if you are good enough and they like you it might just work out.

Good luck!

Here are my updated pics just taken today. You can see it is no longer scabbed and looks just about healed. The only part that still has a small scab is the part right above the eye. Other than that I am ready to get the tail put on!

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

Late to the reply but JEN that tattoo looks great. It's just the perfect size to fit your arm. CONGRATS!!!

Late to the reply but JEN that tattoo looks great. It's just the perfect size to fit your arm. CONGRATS!!!

Thanks so much! Just got done showing it off to my boss and friends. They were all very impressed with the artist's work. No more stress...no more shock...just loving it. :D :rock

Keith - I really love the colors you picked out - it is such a beautiful piece and has healed up nicely. I hope mine does the same. Gotta go out and mow the lawn...but I'm waiting until the sun goes down a bit more so I can just wear a tank top and not have anything rubbing against the scabs. Can't wait until mine is fully healed. :)

Oh and Keith - you're getting your tail done on my birthday! :D :rock

Thanks so much! Just got done showing it off to my boss and friends. They were all very impressed with the artist's work. No more stress...no more shock...just loving it. :D :rock

Keith - I really love the colors you picked out - it is such a beautiful piece and has healed up nicely. I hope mine does the same. Gotta go out and mow the lawn...but I'm waiting until the sun goes down a bit more so I can just wear a tank top and not have anything rubbing against the scabs. Can't wait until mine is fully healed. :)

Oh and Keith - you're getting your tail done on my birthday! :D :rock

Thats awesome! :rock

Oh and mowing in the dark is only recommended after several beers. :rotfl

Yep - just a tank top...nothing else. :D :naughty

I've already had 2 beers - and I'm a lightweight...if I have any more I will not be able walk straight. :monkey3:lol

At least you didn't have a pillowcase over your head. :lol

Back