The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is an interesting casting call MR Regan. It does mention Han Solo. Interesting question here. I think we can all agree that Rey was our hero of the film, the next Rogue 1 appears to set a female in the lead and then this episode 8 is casting for another female lead. Is Star Wars turning into a Hunger Games? As the father of a girl I am happy to see strong female characters but as the father of a boy too I wonder if we will get some lead males too.

I feel that I must say this is just a question. I am making no judgements or critisms

That is an interesting casting call MR Regan. It does mention Han Solo. Interesting question here. I think we can all agree that Rey was our hero of the film, the next Rogue 1 appears to set a female in the lead and then this episode 8 is casting for another female lead. Is Star Wars turning into a Hunger Games? As the father of a girl I am happy to see strong female characters but as the father of a boy too I wonder if we will get some lead males too.

I feel that I must say this is just a question. I am making no judgements or critisms

Are you trying to summon "that" person back again?

I think this movie was what adults wanted for a Star Wars movie. This was NOT a kids movie. It was rated PG 13, there was blood (no blood in nolan's batman, previous Star Wars or marvel movies), they gun down innocent villagers nazi style ( again not in previous mentioned titles), this was a darker movie than epIII which many parents have STILL not allowed their children to see, Han Solo dies graphically.

This was not a kids movie. If so we would have left happy and my children would still love Star Wars. My son who dressed as Han Solo every day this summer wants nothing more to do with Star Wars. Why would a young boy want to pretend to be Han Solo after that? What character replaces Han Solo? Not anyone I saw in the film. Again good movie for adults BUT NOT for children who have seen the originals and liked animated clone wars and rebels.

Respectfully disagree. Star Wars is many things, but at its core a children's fantasy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Respectfully disagree. Star Wars is many things, but at its core a children's fantasy.

I disagree too. seen it twice and tons of little kids there with their parents at both showings. After the movie many of the little ones cheered and a lot of them having pretend lightsaber battles in the aisles. these kids were like 6-12 year range.

there was one group of little girls that were so happy and talking about it after it was over. it was pretty adorable. thats what Star Wars is. seeing children so excited and using their imagination thinking they can become part of this fantasy world. :)

if your child didn't like it, that can happen with any movie. 1 child not liking it doesnt mean its not a kids movie. everyone of us is different. And ya, if his hero didn't survive of course he will be bummed out. Hard to think a lot of kids are super into old 70 year old Han who is a smuggler. He's no Obi-Wan who has the force and can do magical things and fights with a lightsaber. Han is a grumpy yet funny old guy. not many kids are going to want to be like him now, now that he's an old man.

Loved a lot of the movie. Disliked a fair bit too. Felt a lot more like Starwars to me than the prequels did. Very heart warming call backs, and the new kids did well too. Third Death Star (?!?!?!) and Carrie Fischer's acting made my nose bleed though. Really excited for #8. Give me a figure of hermit-wizard Skywalker.

Picked up the Art of TFA and Visual Dictionary books tonight. Both are excellent, especially the Artbook. Highly recommend going to Barnes and Noble and grabbing it. It's sold out on Amazon currently.

The only things I really liked were: Ultimates and Deadpool. I'm pulling Amazing Spider-Man and Doctor Strange due to liking the characters themselves, not the books. And I'm still waiting for them to get their heads off their asses and release Moon Knight and Black Panther, but that's it for me. Marvel has really gone downhill if you ask me. Hell, today they announced a new ongoing: Gwenpool....It's like Spider-Gwen, but she's Deadpool...Sigh...

And I tried lots of their books. Some were decent (Carnage, 2099, Howling Commandos, Hercules, Black Knight) but some were just bad (Invincible Iron Man, Squadron Supreme, Spider-Gwen). Not to mention the whole push certain characters are getting (Carol Danvers, FalCap) while others are left in the backburner to rot for all of eternity (Ghost Rider, Namor)...

Truth be told, I'd have preffered Star Wars remained at Dark Horse or, hell, at least be given to DC (if say, WB bought Lucasarts and not Disney). Marvel's after publicity stunts nowadays, not good stories. Not that DC is much better (only pulling Batman and Justice League from them), but at least they don't relaunch their flagship titles every year or so. SMH at all this damn mess. It's making me want to drop comics entirely. Hell, I'd save 80 euros per month if I did!

Used to read so many but still marvel and DC both do the Disney in their continuities I've lost interest in nearly everyone. I read Astro city Larry Hamas gi joe (not as good as it should be). And the odd miniseries oh and miracle man

Dark horse did should a good job with their output and 90% of brilliant.

But long time fans just aren't the priority for Disney.

That's a pretty vague casting call for the new lead female...any ethnicity who can play from 20 -35 years of age. This character could go anywhere at this point.

Was anyone bothered by how much the falcon resembled a pinball. In the ot a small enemy blast and they were praying she'd hold together, but in Tfa lets see how many points we can get to beat the high score.
Found it kind of annoying!

Was anyone bothered by how much the falcon resembled a pinball. In the ot a small enemy blast and they were praying she'd hold together, but in Tfa lets see how many points we can get to beat the high score.
)

Well, we know that unkar dude had been working on the ship since he stole it, it had several upgrades from Han before that so I assume it's stronger than it used to be. As far as being used like a pinball, the ship hit a roughly put together building when escaping jakku and also flew through some trees at a high rate of speed before landing in.....snow......seems totally plausible that it would be fine.

I heard somewhere that the release date for the movie in China is something like January 9th. Is that accurate? If so, can we assume an onslaught of Han, Luke and Leia shortly thereafter? I would've thought we could have had Han and Leia pre-release because of the trailers? Anyway, I am anxious to see HTs take on the elderly big three :)

)

Well, we know that unkar dude had been working on the ship since he stole it, it had several upgrades from Han before that so I assume it's stronger than it used to be. As far as being used like a pinball, the ship hit a roughly put together building when escaping jakku and also flew through some trees at a high rate of speed before landing in.....snow......seems totally plausible that it would be fine.

Yeah there was that, but what about the ground at least five times, a cliff and I believe that solid section of the imperial ship when they were trying to escape? It just appeared like it was indestructible

Loved a lot of the movie. Disliked a fair bit too. Felt a lot more like Starwars to me than the prequels did. Very heart warming call backs, and the new kids did well too. Third Death Star (?!?!?!) and Carrie Fischer's acting made my nose bleed though. Really excited for #8. Give me a figure of hermit-wizard Skywalker.

Agreed!

I wonder if we have to wait until after the movie release in China for it to get announced. My most wanted as well.

I have to assume that's the case, as I can't imagine them not teeing he and/or Han up right at the US release date. Those two are musts, as well as Leia, even though there's not much to her outfit/look in TFA...

I was thinking, with the appearance and use of Anakin's old lightsaber in episode 7, it would be cool if Obi-Wan's lightsaber showed up in one of the later films. It wasn't destroyed when he was killed, and I'm sure Vader took it instead of just letting it lying there on the floor. I guess he would have had to have taken it with him on his TIE when the DS blew up... but if Luke's could be recovered after how it was lost, I'm sure they could come up with an explanation as to how Obi-Wan's survived.
I like that idea, does seem like Vader would have grabbed it, sabers don't seem that easy to come by. Though it would have had to survive 2 Death Star destructions potentially. Would have been interesting to find out that Vader trained another Jedi with it or something, but it would track too closely to the Luke saber storyline at this point.

There were lots of things wrong with TFA and if people want to focus on those that's up to them, but in my opinion they got the biggest thing of all completely right - the characters. Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8 and Kylo Ren are fun, intriguing and make you want to spend time with them. That's the best foundation of all for the next two films. Story can be fixed but if these characters had been boring that would have been it.

Exactly. New cast and acting was great. Several things bothered me but the performances and the things that were great won the day.

Really bothered me too. First thing I said when I walked out of the theatre. Right from the first scene with Rey flying too.

Back