The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How likely will we get a Luke figure? (I frickin hope we do) :pray:
Also do you guys think they'd add to the Rey figure? (saber wise) I really wish she came with an aggressive sculpt, to pose with kylo.
I'd really like to wait for the next Kylo fig, but i dont wanna wait another year to get him. There 2.0 should be a lot nicer.

I'm perfectly fine with the stuff HT included in the figures because I went to the cinema thinking that Finn was the Jedi and Kylo somehow scarred. The only option should be revealing additional stuff after the first week TFA is out.

Edit: and again the Tapatalk preview pic is annoying at least. I wouldn't love to see Kylo addressed as Joffrey 2.0 before seeing the movie. :/

We need Jack Bauer to chime in haha. The suspense over knowing whether or not we will get a Jedi Master Luke figure is killing me.
Frankly I'm a little disappointed in HT's showing at Toy Soul thus far, only one new figure (riot control stormie). Unless I could be jumping the gun and there's still time to debut more figures?

I'd be tempted to get a Rey figure but would rather get her in Jedi outfit from a future film. Poe is the only character I'd consider getting a figure for thus far.

Anyone who PO'd Phasma must be kicking themselves right now :rotfl Granted there's a good chance she survived, should be safe to presume a lot of the FO folks got off the base in time, but her role in the film was little better than a Stormtrooper extra at best.

After seeing the movie, the only changes I'm making are buying less. I was looking to get Kylo/Hux/Phasma/Stormtrooper/Snowtrooper/Riot Control Trooper/Flametrooper/Rey/Han/Luke/Leia and maybe a few others, so 10-14 figures overall. I'm now going to pull back a lot. I really enjoyed the movie, but now feel like I could and should pace myself a lot more with Hot Toys SW.

Definite Purchases:
Kylo Ren (love this version and fine with 'upgrading' later if necessary)
Rey (this did turn out to be 'the outfit' for the movie so glad to have this version)
Han (assuming they make him and he looks good, plus they won't make another 'old' one)
Snowtrooper (favorite trooper design)
Riot Control (bonus because it can double as a standard trooper)

Maybe Purchases:
Luke
Phasma (still a cool figure even if the role was disappointing)
Hux (if they make him, might be the only time they do)

I don't understand why Luke from ANH came with a lightsaber when he only used it once or twice but Rey who had an epic lightsaber battle doesn't come with a lightsaber. I feel if they were going to include the lightsaber they would've waited a few weeks to announce Rey as a full package.

I don't understand why Luke from ANH came with a lightsaber when he only used it once or twice but Rey who had an epic lightsaber battle doesn't come with a lightsaber. I feel if they were going to include the lightsaber they would've waited a few weeks to announce Rey as a full package.

They will probably announce it as a bonus accessory next year or right before her release.

They will probably announce it as a bonus accessory next year or right before her release.

That would be truly amazing. She was my favorite thing about the movie but I'm waiting for the lightsaber announcement untill I pre order her.

That would be truly amazing. She was my favorite thing about the movie but I'm waiting for the lightsaber announcement untill I pre order her.

Yeah, I am going to wait and order her until the lightsaber as well... since I would want to display her with it. Hopefully they won't only give it to her solo release, and it will be included in the bb8 bundle too.

Definitely picking up Rey, Finn, Kylo, Riot Control Stormtrooper and Han. Might consider General Hux and Poe if they make them.

Lol well if you're happy (if a prequel-hater can be happy? I'm not sure so far haha) then I guess that works. :lol

I thought Anakin’s turn to the dark side was one of the most satisfyingly executed part of the prequels. It was believable to me that someone with his personality would fall to the dark side as opposed to the fun, likeable and "cool" Anakin from say the cute kids show the Clone Wars..
Never watched clone wars, but yeah you're right, his personality did make the turn believable, it was just that what we were told of who anakin skywalker was during the OT was just too different from how they portrayed him i guess. At the very least I expected him to be.. Smarter? [emoji28]

With that line of thinking doesn't Kylo ruin Darth Vader for you? Kylo is trying to finish a job that Darth Vader himself didn't want to finish, he was the one that actually turned to the light side in the end and defeated Lord Sidious. What the heck is Kylo Ren on about trying to finish his job?

Edit: Kylo should view Darth Vader as a traitor, not a role-model.

I was given the impression kylo did feel vader ended up betraying the empire, but he worshipped what vader achieved before that fact. Hence the "I will finish what you started" and not necessarily "I will finish what you finished"? Idk just speculation. Either way he doesn't really ruin vader as he's a brand new character I suppose, while anakin was essentially the vader we loved, but written differently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the only person who really knows for sure that he turned was Luke right?

Kylo can take what he says as a lie and think his grandfather was killed and then Luke just brought his body to burn in endor. :dunno

Anyone else hoping for Rey's AT-AT walker hideout/home? Not the whole thing of course, just the room that she calls home. Her bed, her doll, the old rebel helmet, the little food packets and the bowls and plates. Make the one wall with all the marks counting the days since she has been there. I think that could make for a really cool diorama and be a standout in someone's collection.

I might give this a go and try to make it. Wouldn't be to hard to do. Just need to find some better pics of it.

Luke.

Dissapointed we had so little by looked awesome

Maybe. Maybe rey.

And ren

No one else

Just got back from the film. Ze bag is the "bag of explosives" Finn carried, yes?

You might be right. Can't remember that scene where Finn carries it but clearly remember Rey using it in the last scene

Even in that short scene, Mark Hamill brought it all back. He still has that wise poise to him, and my God did the beard and long hair look amazing.

Even in that short scene, Mark Hamill brought it all back. He still has that wise poise to him, and my God did the beard and long hair look amazing.

Agreed, and I know i said it early in the thread but the color of the robes made him look even more omnipotent with the force for me. Need that figure now. Hope Hot Toys announces one soon.

Back