The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The film is out now, I could do with a few new announcements or teasers. HT would be wise to capitalize on the hype with a HT Han Solo and Luke.

Saw the film earlier today and have mixed feelings. Still digesting it and perhaps some time or a second viewing will help.

I thought I was watching "A New Hope 2.0", for the most part. There were some differences, obviously, but the similarities struck me with each scene...

- Another desert planet
- Another Cantina scene
- Another Death Star
- Another Death Star attack
- Another flight of the Millennium Falcon and X-wings exiting the area of the exploding DS...

Ship designs were bleh. The ships were always characters in their own right, with unique designs based on where they came from.
Why only X-wings version 2.0? Why no B-wings, Y-wings and A-wings 2.0?

But there were many other elements that I truly enjoyed. So in the end, for me, it was a good Star Wars movie but not one that blew me away, as did "Empire", for example.

As for figures, prior to seeing the film, I thought I was going to be pulled into getting a majority of them. Now after seeing the film, I'm really only interested in the following (that have been announced so far...)

Rey and BB8
Finn

"Maybe" Kylo and a basic stormtrooper.

No interest in the other troopers at all.

Saw the film earlier today and have mixed feelings. Still digesting it and perhaps some time or a second viewing will help.

I thought I was watching "A New Hope 2.0", for the most part. There were some differences, obviously, but the similarities struck me with each scene...

- Another desert planet
- Another Cantina scene
- Another Death Star
- Another flight of the Millennium Falcon and X-wings exiting the area of the exploding DS...

Ship designs were bleh. The ships were always characters in their own right, with unique designs based on where they came from.

But there were many other elements that I truly enjoyed. So in the end, for me, it was a good Star Wars movie but not one that blew me away, as did "Empire", for example.

As for figures, prior to seeing the film, I thought I was going to be pulled into getting a majority of them. Now after seeing the film, I'm really only interested in the following (that have been announced so far...)

Rey and BB8
Finn

Rey Finn and Kylo are buys- lost all interest on any of the troopers- even the basic ones

- Another desert planet
- Another Cantina scene
- Another Death Star

Rey and BB8
Finn

This is pretty much how I feel..............a ship design doesn't make a movie, but some cool stuff could have been done with all the ships

I don't see anyone mentioned about Poe's sudden appearance with the resistance, his explanation is just crap. And they think they can just get over with it?

Technically Rey is when she picks it up.

The first weilder is Finn isn't it? If they show the Lightsaber with Rey now it would spoil the movie for most I suppose. But there's a leak image of a Black Series Rey with the new costume and lightsaber.

The first weilder is Finn isn't it? If they show the Lightsaber with Rey now it would spoil the movie for most I suppose. But there's a leak image of a Black Series Rey with the new costume and lightsaber.

Yeah. First person to wield and use the lightsaber is Finn. First person to actually see it and pick it up is Rey. Either way, the saber should be included with both Rey and Finn.

Back