The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that’s right, I guess I remember the early footage of the stuntman in the blue and grey costume. There’s also concept art that’s been leaked of the costume being black. With all of the reshoots through the various regime changes, I wonder if we’ll ever get any more context for this scene, or the scene itself. If the black costume was just for an end credits scene, it’s kind of a shame because it’s slightly less hideous.

Blue Beetle

Warner Bros. Pictures

August 18, 2023 (WIDE)

Opening Weekend Range: $12M-$17M​

Domestic Total Range: $27M-$55M​

licensed-image

We’ll be moving the goalpost shortly. “Gunn didn’t greenlight or produce or write Blue Beetle! He isn’t in the credits at all!”

…. Which is true.

Still don’t envy the storm coming his way or how he’s tried to hype it as part of the new DCU.

I'm not going to fuss with Gunn just yet. I am confident that Gunn/Safran will bring some much-appreciated character moments to DC, but I am not confident that the WBD brass will abstain from cramming a dozen tertiary "more is better" heroes into each title (e.g. Black Adam).

DC is done. Really. If Superman Legacy is a great film I still think audiences will stay away. They just are shooting themselves in the foot release after release now. Blue Beetle? You have a real winner there. Dud from first preview to release. Aquaman 2? Watch low opening weekend and downward from there. I love DC but they are one spectacular flop after another now. Don't think this helping superhero films in general. Marvel is hiding for awhile hoping this bad business streak will disappear.

I wouldn't write DC off completely just yet. Sure, they've lost a lot of good will, but it's now run by someone creative who knows how to make movies; Guardians 3 is the 2nd highest grossing film of the year so far. Legacy has a lot riding on it and has to prove that things will be different under the new leadership. If it succeeds, even then there will be doubt that it wasn't a fluke. If it flops then yeah, people are gonna write the whole DCU off.

What pressure Gunn now has to produce the perfect Superman movie. I still think the superhero genre is going to continue to die off over the next few years. Deadpool 3 may have some success, but I think people will not be happy with the casting of the XMen when that finally begins. Fantastic Four seems to be an endless drama about who will actually be cast in that. The new Daredevil Reborn might be a real hit or miss if they move too far away from the Netflix series feel.

I have to say my interest has waned over the last few years.

I still think the superhero genre is going to continue to die off over the next few years.

The huge excitement for Oppenheimer and Barbie coupled with the failure of Batman (Flash), Indy and Spiderverse 2 would tend to back that up. Audiences are rushing to the theater for something else now. Changes in cinema taste do not happen gradually. They happen in a flash in one summer. It's "pop" culture after all.

The huge excitement for Oppenheimer and Barbie coupled with the failure of Batman (Flash), Indy and Spiderverse 2 would tend to back that up. Audiences are rushing to the theater for something else now. Changes in cinema taste do not happen gradually. They happen in a flash in one summer. It's "pop" culture after all.
I hope that's true as I'd really like Hollywood to switch gears but Spider-verse and GOTG3 are still two of the top 3 movies for the year so far and I don't know that there's anything particularly big due to come out for the rest of the year.

Dune...? :lol

That's not to say all CBMs are now doomed... its just that people seem more than tired of the same diet after 12 years. The final tally for this year's boxoffice should be revealing but we'll see. Barbie could have a 59% drop next weekend... and I do expect a substantial one but its still the "hip thing to do" right now. Oppenheimer should cruise safely as expected because its a very good movie and word-of-mouth should support it. It's not a blockbuster but should have legs (whatever that means these days -- 4 months before streaming instead of 2 months :lol).

It's not a blockbuster but should have legs (whatever that means these days -- 4 months before streaming instead of 2 months :lol).
That's what still blows me away about Maverick. It came out in May but hung around in first run theaters in my area until *December* when Avatar finally knocked it out of theaters for good. When was the last time a movie lasted that long in theaters? Early 90's? Late 80's?? :thud:

When was the last time a movie lasted that long in theaters? Early 90's? Late 80's?? :thud:

I don't even remember. Maybe Jurassic Park lasted that long, maybe.

Again, my experience at Oppenheimer was very 90's -- big crowds, engaging and excited audience. It was like we all were going to be watching that first The Phantom Menace trailer for the first time that night.

Again, my experience at Oppenheimer was very 90's -- big crowds, engaging and excited audience.
That's awesome. Last time I had such an experience was for The Force Awakens in 2015 getting there 45 minutes early to secure good seats with a massive line waiting to go in with everyone buzzing with excitement. Then shortly after that all the theaters in my area switched to preordering individual seat numbers online months in advance which is nice and convenient but killed the "waiting in a long excited line" experience permanently.

Again, my experience at Oppenheimer was very 90's -- big crowds, engaging and excited audience. It was like we all were going to be watching that first The Phantom Menace trailer for the first time that night.
That sounds really awesome…very cool.

Umm a homeless dude broke my wiper blade on the BQE when I tried to drive away.

That's awesome. Last time I had such an experience was for The Force Awakens in 2015 getting there 45 minutes early to secure good seats with a massive line waiting to go in with everyone buzzing with excitement. Then shortly after that all the theaters in my area switched to preordering individual seat numbers online months in advance which is nice and convenient but killed the "waiting in a long excited line" experience permanently.

I do miss lines. I never want to wait in another one, but at the time, not knowing any better, it was a lot of fun.

Spiderverse 2 was a failure? $675 million worldwide compared to $385 million for the first one. I bet they hope 3 is a failure too lol.

That's what still blows me away about Maverick. It came out in May but hung around in first run theaters in my area until *December* when Avatar finally knocked it out of theaters for good. When was the last time a movie lasted that long in theaters? Early 90's? Late 80's?? :thud:
ET lasted a year in theaters which blows my mind

Back