The first step to recovery...Im a 1/4 scaleaholic.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PF's, Cinemaquettes, 1:2, 1:1 and the ultimate...the screen used version...it never stops - you are limited to your budget and self control.
Unfortunately I have a budget.

Just bought a 1:4 predator maquette exclusive, general grievous exclusive and more in the last 24 hrs. I'm screwed.

So you didn't measure it, you don't own it, have not compared it to other 1:4 pieces and you claim it's not 1/4. So where do these 'feelings' come from and how are they justified? Just wondering. It must have been from something a pic, a comparison, something?

get him Fuzz...how the hell is someone going to talk about a statue scale they don't even own..:rotfl....

So you didn't measure it, you don't own it, have not compared it to other 1:4 pieces and you claim it's not 1/4. So where do these 'feelings' come from and how are they justified? Just wondering. It must have been from something a pic, a comparison, something?

where did u get that info :confused:

the head sizes of this guy and dooku pf are close, but thats only because venom is a monstrous character, id expect an in-scale spiderman to be smaller...<1/4

1:2 > 1:4

Bring on an original Predator!!!

I come here for support and now you guys are trying to get me addicted to 1/2 scale:(:monkey2:monkey3

seriously though I just hope Sideshow doesnt launch a whole line of 1/2 scales or Im in trouble.

Hi rabid_wolf, I'm Fuzzy!

I think this is the support group right here :p

Tis kinda true here as well tho, I got my smaller ones boxed up and only 1/4 scale out cos they just don't go. ; (

Yup..the small scale ones dont get the same love.

where did u get that info :confused:

the head sizes of this guy and dooku pf are close, but thats only because venom is a monstrous character, id expect an in-scale spiderman to be smaller...<1/4

Actually compared it heightwise to the other PFs and it seems to match up. The face sizes too. So it matched up with Dooku a 1/4 scale and so it's not 1/4 cos he's monstrous? Hmm.... interesting.....

Actually compared it heightwise to the other PFs and it seems to match up. The face sizes too. So it matched up with Dooku a 1/4 scale and so it's not 1/4 cos he's monstrous? Hmm.... interesting.....

if a hulk statue is the same height as dooku pf, would you say its a 1/4 hulk?

if a hulk statue is the same height as dooku pf, would you say its a 1/4 hulk?

So you are basing it off the face comparison alone or other aspects?

Are you talking about height or size of face? What's height comparison of Dooku vs Venom standing then?

You do know that Hulk is 7'8" from MU and Venom is 6'3" right?

So I guess I'm missing your point about Hulk vs Venom height similarities.

So you are basing it off the face comparison alone or other aspects?

Are you talking about height or size of face? What's height comparison of Dooku vs Venom standing then?

You do know that Hulk is 7'8" from MU and Venom is 6'3" right?

So I guess I'm missing your point about Hulk vs Venom height similarities.

lol of course hulk is bigger than venom, but the same logic still applys here. if a big character is in similar height with a normal sized character, then obviously the scale does not match. one thing to note is that brock is 6'3, but venom is bigger than that.

like i said earlier, wait for the spidey comiquette to come out and compare it with PFs and see if hes in scale. then we'll know for sure.

lol of course hulk is bigger than venom, but the same logic still applys here. if a big character is in similar height with a normal sized character, then obviously the scale does not match. one thing to note is that brock is 6'3, but venom is bigger than that.

like i said earlier, wait for the spidey comiquette to come out and compare it with PFs and see if hes in scale. then we'll know for sure.

Well not waiting for Spidey let's do the V because heck you could be on to something here with the face and all. Spidey is really a separate piece and should be critiqued on it's own merits.

So Venom is about 7' standing height in the comiquette. That's quite a lot of difference from 6'3.

Well not waiting for Spidey let's do the V because heck you could be on to something here with the face and all. Spidey is really a separate piece and should be critiqued on it's own merits.

So Venom is about 7' standing height in the comiquette. That's quite a lot of difference from 6'3.

well i dont see it that way, cos they venom/carnage/spidey are in the same line and therefore same scale. and its much easier to compare two normal man-sized characters.

and i dont have specific measurements. like i said i dont own it, but i have seen both displayed and my gut feeling tells me venom is not 1/4.

Lol....what? Venom's head isn't as big as Dooku's head so he isn't 1/4? You think every artist matches their work with works from other artists and from different lines? The truth is Venom is closer to 1/4 than 1/5 end of story. And why is Dooku's head the standard for 1/4 scale? Sorry but your arguments are ridiculous.

well i dont see it that way, cos they venom/carnage/spidey are in the same line and therefore same scale. and its much easier to compare two normal man-sized characters.

and i dont have specific measurements. like i said i dont own it, but i have seen both displayed and my gut feeling tells me venom is not 1/4.

So if they mess up on the size of one piece in a line they mess up on the whole line? hmm. So by your logic the AH line are all in the same scale? Why the descrepancey between BC and Mystique then?

Lol....what? Venom's head isn't as big as Dooku's head so he isn't 1/4? You think every artist matches their work with works from other artists and from different lines? The truth is Venom is closer to 1/4 than 1/5 end of story. And why is Dooku's head the standard for 1/4 scale? Sorry but your arguments are ridiculous.

well movie character statues are always good assement for scales, plus you can compare it to other PFs. i just happened to saw venom and dooku next to each other...

all im saying is venom is a monstrous character and it should be significantly bigger than other man-sized 1/4 statues if hes in scale, but thats not what i saw.

So if they mess up on the size of one piece in a line they mess up on the whole line? hmm. So by your logic the AH line are all in the same scale? Why the descrepancey between BC and Mystique then?

individual pieces from AH lines are not meant to be display together, while venom/carnage/spidey are meant to be a themed group display, of course they should be in sclae, and will be.

well movie character statues are always good assement for scales, plus you can compare it to other PFs. i just happened to saw venom and dooku next to each other...

all im saying is venom is a monstrous character and it should be significantly bigger than other man-sized 1/4 statues if hes in scale, but thats not what i saw.

So 7 feet is not big enough for you? How large do you want him to be in 1/4 scale then?

He means that if this Venom comiquette was standing upright, it would be close to 21 inches (about 7 feet in quarter scale). Which are exactly the same measurements I took just now.

The most important thing is, Venom is in perfect scale with other Marvel quarter-scale pieces. Comparing him to, say, Cap, who is one of the larger Marvel PFs, Venom is much bigger, physically. His muscles have far more mass, he is taller (if he stood), his head is wider.

Of course different artists draw Venom differently, and if you're looking at an artist that's drawing him insanely bulked up, you might perceive Venom to be Hulk-sized (which he isn't). The sculpt is somewhere between Mcfarlane's original interpretation, and the uber bulked-up Venom.

He means that if this Venom comiquette was standing upright, it would be close to 21 inches (about 7 feet in quarter scale). Which are exactly the same measurements I took just now.

The most important thing is, Venom is in perfect scale with other Marvel quarter-scale pieces. Comparing him to, say, Cap, who is one of the larger Marvel PFs, Venom is much bigger, physically. His muscles have far more mass, he is taller (if he stood), his head is wider.

Of course different artists draw Venom differently, and if you're looking at an artist that's drawing him insanely bulked up, you might perceive Venom to be Hulk-sized (which he isn't). The sculpt is somewhere between Mcfarlane's original interpretation, and the uber bulked-up Venom.

if its not too much trouble, plz post a pic of him next to capt A. id like to see it.

Back