The Fate of the Furious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was decent. Action was fun. Non-Action stuff dragged more than previous installments.

Saw this due to convenience of time...they've got to stop making these at some point, right?

I don't see why. If they make money they are giving people what they want. No different than Star Wars. :dunno

this film was like a zany Bond Film.But with crazy ridiculous over the top action with lots of CGI vehicle Damage and stunts you have to love.It was fun.

But I was surprised that in a film where you do not expect much acting from those who are not very good actors to begin with that it could get worse.The guy who played the young FBI agent leading the team was just so bad and they kept him in the whole film.Good thing JS was in this film to save it.

It was definitely an improvement over Furious 7 and nearly as good as the best in the series, Fast Five.

That opening is insane. Biggest worldwide opening ever. $190 million in China alone. Crazy.

So Ludicris is the token black guy in a mostly black film? :lol

5gcuWgc.gif

Saw the movie on Friday and have to say besides the original it's the best fast and furious movie imo. The opening scene was insane. I heard their making 2 more. Don't know how accurate that is but we'll see.

and here i thought superhero movies and SW were all the rage. I humbly shut up. F&F movies are the BIG ones now I guess.

The eighth sequel to a Point Break knockoff just had a 500 million opening weekend. :lol Prolly made more in 30 minutes than the Point Break remake made in it's entire run.

Yea F5 is the best of the bunch, but the fun is great. The Rock n Statham have great chemistry. Well, Rock has great chemistry with pretty much anyone. Russell is awesome as usual. Eastwood.......has none of daddy's acting ability. I think he is going to be Paul Walkers replacement in the the next couple movies.

The eighth sequel to a Point Break knockoff just had a 500 million opening weekend. :lol Prolly made more in 30 minutes than the Point Break remake made in it's entire run.

Yea F5 is the best of the bunch, but the fun is great. The Rock n Statham have great chemistry. Well, Rock has great chemistry with pretty much anyone. Russell is awesome as usual. Eastwood.......has none of daddy's acting ability. I think he is going to be Paul Walkers replacement in the the next couple movies.

Statham is Walker's replacement :D

Rumor had it he would should up on this one, but no dice. Even then he showed up in seven and it was a ***** slap of a cameo since they never showed them racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to get ready for this film I watched 1,2,4,5,6, and 7 again over the past week. I think watching them all helped me accept the ridiculous moments of this film... Actually part 7 helped me accept all stunts in any of the other films because that one was just beyond over the top and not in a good way..

So rating these on a "Fast and Furious" Rating scale I would rank and rate them like this.

The Fast and the Furious - 5 out of 5
Fast 5 - 4.5 out of 5
Fate of the Furious 3.5 out of 5
Fast and Furious 6 - 3.5 out of 5
Fast and Furious - 3 out of 5
2 Fast 2 Furious - 2 out of 5
Furious 7 - 2 out of 5

I have yet to watch Tokyo Drift.. I will this weekend.

They are what they are... First one is a good movie and 5 is a good action film that goes a bit over the top at the end with the safe dragging scene... The rest are pure popcorn flicks with some being better then the others.

I was surprised I enjoyed this new one as much as I did because I hated the last one (I did like it more with a 2nd viewing but it's still my least fav.)

I was surprised I enjoyed this new one as much as I did

I am as well.

I agree that Fast Five is the best sequel -- I would say by far. After that, I lose track... and interest.

But got to hand it to the producers (and director Lin) for keeping this crazy **** afloat and making billions doing it.

Still haven't seen a single F&F flick since the second one. I can't believe that this series has been lasting this long with no signs of slowing down (no pun intended.)

Still haven't seen a single F&F flick since the second one. I can't believe that this series has been lasting this long with no signs of slowing down (no pun intended.)

They are the type of films I would have trouble recommending. I find them to be decent time wasters and find it funny when I go back and watch the early films because they are just so different now. They remind me of Friday the 13th in the fact that they have changed so much that When you go watch the first film its like a different Universe.

If the mood ever struck you I would say watch part 5 and if you like that one give the others a try (though they keep getting more over the top) but it you don't like it then stay clear of all others.

I found them all more enjoyable this last time because I watched them back to back basically. So I was able to notice plot points and returning characters better.

Back