The Economy Finally Hits the SSF Board

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't noticed too many deals myself. Or at least not on anything I want.

Someone had some Rambo figs up but were asking top-dollar so of course they weren't moving.

Krayt. Sorry bro. That really sucks. I'll be thinking about you. Hang in there, friend.

Yeah, the For Sale section is nuts. Some stuff people can't give away.

I just shipped all my leftovers to BBTS, they are still buying.

Been out of work for over a year now after the company I worked for went under. Living in Atlanta you'd think there would be plenty of activity but I've not even had a nibble at an opportunity in a year and a couple months now. I'm certainly beyond the point of learned helplessness and the frustration of looking and applying and not hearing anything can only build up so much. Not really sure what to do anymore other than sit around and pray something finds me.

Been out of work for over a year now after the company I worked for went under. Living in Atlanta you'd think there would be plenty of activity but I've not even had a nibble at an opportunity in a year and a couple months now. I'm certainly beyond the point of learned helplessness and the frustration of looking and applying and not hearing anything can only build up so much. Not really sure what to do anymore other than sit around and pray something finds me.

You'll have to do what so many have to do. Work wherever you can for whatever you can. That's what I'm doing. :(

I just heard from scumbag SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) or as in TEAM AMERICA (F.A.G. - Film Actor's Guild) that they are going to vote to strike on January 2nd. If I can't work, I might have to sell all the stuff I just bought, but I'm hoping to ride it out as long as I can. I know times are tough for everyone, some people are getting laid off, and are being forced to sell their collection off. I hope it doesn't come to that, I finally got my stuff to things I actually want, not just collecting for the sake of collecting.

I hope the smart members of the guild vote NO on a strike, it could very well kill the entertainment industry. I hope any SAG member who votes YES on a strike gets to watch his loved ones die in a horrible way. Greedy Scumbags.

Krayt, Sorry to hear about your situation and I hope things change for you and your family and everyone falling on hard times right now. I now I'm certainly aware of how many are losing work right now through no fault of their own. Everything is so depressing in the world today, I really hope things turn around soon.

Sorry to hear about the troubles Krayt... Things are scary right now. I've been selling stuff like crazy just to pay bills and shipping costs. It's insane. I hope it gets better soon for you guys, and all of us.

Sorry to hear about the troubles Krayt... Things are scary right now. I've been selling stuff like crazy just to pay bills and shipping costs. It's insane. I hope it gets better soon for you guys, and all of us.

Its scary to think it isn't just one country going through this but the world economy in general...its worrying times for all of us hard working folk, but keep the faith guys n' gals:peace

This place was never a good place to sell stuff for me,i always got more on ebay.

Ive learned 1 thing though,always say the total you want for a piece,never say the price of the piece plus shipping,for example 100$ shipped youll have it sold pretty quick,if you say 60$ and 40$ shipping people wont jump on it and will say the shipping is too expensive and dont think about the total amount it cost them.This is my experience with selling on this board.

This is not everyone though,many people are going through a rough time right now,including me,and christmas times doesnt help either,buying gifts is something i feel like i have to do.

I had to cancel my Bank Robber Joker and a few other things.

Yeah, things are tight right now for me too, they cut my wifes hours at work and its hitting us hard.

F'n economy.

Why is it ****** bag companies always seem to lay people off around the holidays? Sorry to here that Krayt and Teemu. I hope things get better for you both. :duff

Sorry to hear about your troubles guys. I work for a family business so I'm not too worried about my job, but it sucks from the other direction knowing the business is bleeding and there's nothing to stop the flow.

But i dare to say that the situation im in now is probably one of the best things that have happened to me,why?Because when youre broke you know whats important and whats not in Life,ive sold plenty of stuff recently,and it wasnt even hard for me.

when i get out of my situation i know that the last few months was only good for me because i havent been good with money when i have this passion for 1/6 collectibles,and i still live at home with my parents so i feel this is a test for me to get a hold of myself and move on in life.You always come out stronger after suffering,you learn,you know the consequences.

Higher Powers tests you if you believe in such thing:)

I hope everything turns out well for you guys,keep positive and you will come out stronger than ever!

Back