The Dead Registry 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know,
Patient Zero - none =1
Security Guard - none = 1
Doctor - one (blue scrubs) = 2
Corporate Spokesman - one (gray suit) = 2
Tactical Containment Unit Officer - two (tan uniform, green uniform) = 3
Baby Sitter - three (European blond hair, black hair, black hair punk outfit) = 4
Street Prophet - one (exclusive stick bundle accessory) = 2
Mall Santa - none = 1
Harbinger - one (crow on hand accessory) = 2
Butcher - none = 1

That's a total of 19, but since the only thing that makes a difference in the Street Prophet and the Harbinger are the accessories you could probably cut that total number to 17.

Yeah, the number is 17. The Exclusive pieces don't qualify as variants because there is no real difference between them and the standard other than accessory. While the exclusives for the TCU or the Babysitter are visual color differences.

Yeah, the number is 17. The Exclusive pieces don't qualify as variants because there is no real difference between them and the standard other than accessory. While the exclusives for the TCU or the Babysitter are visual color differences.

Yes, if you have the bonus accessory, you have that in addition to what the standard figure is. So there is no need for both as the excusive includes the standard.

So would Mort be counted as part of The Dead for completists, or a separate category as he is a vinyl figure?

He is a Zombie yes.. but not apart of "The Dead".

Are you sure about that? ;)

mort_preview.jpg

He's definitely part of "The Dead", but not the same style as the rest of the figures already released... therein lies the question of how he would fit in.

For me he is more of a mascot, so fitting in (at least in terms of displaying him) isn't an issue. But, from a completist perspective, he is definitely a must have for the Dead line. This screen grab from the backstage pass makes it even more compelling:

mort_preview2.jpg

Mort is a very good question. He is somewhat along the lines of the ornament, except he isn't 1:6 scale. The zombie on the ornament was 1:6 scale so I think his inclusion made a bit more sense. But Mort clearly has the Dead logo associated with him, but definatley isn't the same line as the Dead 12" figures.

While we are at it, what about the Patient Zero PF? Should I axe all of the full complete set owners if they didn't get the exclusive Zero? I think we should just keep this for the main 12" line, but maybe something seperate for Mort and/or PZ PF.

We need a registry for Mort! Because a color Mort is on the way!

Seriously, I would not begrudge anyone for not having a Mort in their collection to be a completionist in the 1/6 line. He really is a mascot. Personally I bought a couple of Alien VCD's to display along with him, rather than throwing him into the Dead 1/6 mix. Since I'm a huge Alien-head, I figured Mort would display better with other VCDs. Of which I currently have none. But two should be here tomorrow.

Mort is a very good question. He is somewhat along the lines of the ornament, except he isn't 1:6 scale. The zombie on the ornament was 1:6 scale so I think his inclusion made a bit more sense. But Mort clearly has the Dead logo associated with him, but definatley isn't the same line as the Dead 12" figures.

While we are at it, what about the Patient Zero PF? Should I axe all of the full complete set owners if they didn't get the exclusive Zero? I think we should just keep this for the main 12" line, but maybe something seperate for Mort and/or PZ PF.

:lecture :lecture :lecture A different registry is good, otherwise, why not throw in the Sideshow Dead T-shirt, the Spook T-shirt, the Patient 2009 T, the Spook button, and all the other Dead Schwag? It'll get coagulated (pun intended :p). K.I.S.S. and make registries for the others like they do in the LOTR forum.

We need a registry for Mort! Because a color Mort is on the way!

Seriously, I would not begrudge anyone for not having a Mort in their collection to be a completionist in the 1/6 line. He really is a mascot. Personally I bought a couple of Alien VCD's to display along with him, rather than throwing him into the Dead 1/6 mix. Since I'm a huge Alien-head, I figured Mort would display better with other VCDs. Of which I currently have none. But two should be here tomorrow.

I just think you like to brag since you're a shoe-in. :lol Which I hope you realize, come Friday, to those who can't PPO due to the fast sell-out, will make you as hated as the PZ PF flippers. :p Besides, any real Dead fan would've spent that cash on an OG PZ to get a complete collection. :lol

Patient Zero and Subject 5 were both gotten through ebay for me. After that, I've gotten every variant, t-shirt, and ornament off of sideshow except International Babysitter, which I'm probably going to grab off ebay one of these days.

Patient Zero and Subject 5 were both gotten through ebay for me. After that, I've gotten every variant, t-shirt, and ornament off of sideshow except International Babysitter, which I'm probably going to grab off ebay one of these days.

Added you to the lists.

Monkey Depot has the Mall Santa for only $44.95, which is a steal. I got one from them, and it arrived very quickly, but then, I am in Las Vegas, and they are in Arizona. I would suggest you pick one up from them, it's a great price!

:D

Ahhhh *********! I wish I read your post sooner man, I ordered one through another site and it cost me $60, I hope I can still cancel it and get it from Monkey Depot.

(Just checked, Monkey Depot is out of the Mall Santa)

Last edited:
Well, got my Mall Santa so now I have a full set (minus the exclusives).
Still paid $60 for it but it was money well spent imo, this figure is really growing on me.

I just picked up a big lot of The Dead.

Guess I'm a Cherry Picker for now, would like to graduate to a complete set with ornament minus PZ through ( I'd like to get PZ, but he just costs too much) I'd gun for a PZ head recast though if I could find one.

Subject 5 Mall Security Guard
Subject 57 Doctor Green
Subject 57 Doctor Blue (Exclusive)
Subject 560 Spokesman x 2
Subject 560 Spokesman (Exclusive)
Subject 805 Containment Regular
Subject 805 Containment (Exclusive)
Subject 1025 Babysitter (Exclusive Comicon Version)
Subject 1206 Mall Santa
The Dead Ornament

I still need the homeless guy and the priest and the Peril Cheerleader.

I'd like to gun for that Butcher too, but I think I won't be able to get him at this point.

I wish they would do some kind of exclusive run for the Cons and still find a way for the regular masses to get a figure like PZ and Butcher without wrangling for one.

Gekko

The non-attendee was available for a while before selling out. :confused:

I have a feeling early on the Butcher won't appreciate in value... and you'll have no trouble getting one at or below retail.

All of you guys that wont own a PF PZ International Edition of 125 are losers IMO.:monkey1

Back