The DARK KNIGHT's JOKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like the joker look, it makes ledger look alot better as the character in my opinion. and the only thing that i didnt like about the batman begins movie was the batmobile so i shouldnt have a raging problem with anything in the new one.

I think I prefer a more classic look to my Joker. THe scarring is an interesting take very remeniscent of recent horror movie characters like Dolarhyde, Leatheface, and Bufallo Bill, but I don't think it fits the Joker's personality. THe Joker is by nature a very vain character, very much in love with his face and generally opposed to pain. I just don't think he'd scar himself up like that. He might do it to someone else, but not to himself.

Having said that, one of the things I appreciate about comics is the breadth of characterization that can be placed upon any of the archtypes. Anyone who has picked up The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told knows what I'm talking about. If The Joker can dress up like Falstaff to rob banks in one comic and thirty years later be one of the most terrifying villains in fiction, then I suppose it will not hurt the mythology to have a version that paints his face and acid burns his own mouth...

Customikey said:
I think I prefer a more classic look to my Joker. THe scarring is an interesting take very remeniscent of recent horror movie characters like Dolarhyde, Leatheface, and Bufallo Bill, but I don't think it fits the Joker's personality. THe Joker is by nature a very vain character, very much in love with his face and generally opposed to pain. I just don't think he'd scar himself up like that. He might do it to someone else, but not to himself.

Having said that, one of the things I appreciate about comics is the breadth of characterization that can be placed upon any of the archtypes. Anyone who has picked up The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told knows what I'm talking about. If The Joker can dress up like Falstaff to rob banks in one comic and thirty years later be one of the most terrifying villains in fiction, then I suppose it will not hurt the mythology to have a version that paints his face and acid burns his own mouth...

I wondered what you would think of this characterization Mike.
I too like a more "elegant" Joker, than this...although, we don't know how he dresses yet. If he is like this, and dresses well, then the variation will be bizarre and interesting. If he is messy and patchworked, then he is less what I think of and more a slums type of villain, hiding in the dark.
I am curious as to which way they go with it. Apparantly there is a semi-daylight bank robbery in it though. Be curious to see how that's done.
I just want to know how well dressed he is. I have always thought of him as vain also. It would be a shame to lose that.

figuremasterles said:
I wondered what you would think of this characterization Mike.
I too like a more "elegant" Joker, than this...although, we don't know how he dresses yet. If he is like this, and dresses well, then the variation will be bizarre and interesting. If he is messy and patchworked, then he is less what I think of and more a slums type of villain, hiding in the dark.
I am curious as to which way they go with it. Apparantly there is a semi-daylight bank robbery in it though. Be curious to see how that's done.
I just want to know how well dressed he is. I have always thought of him as vain also. It would be a shame to lose that.

I agree with the both of you too.... I don't think they will lose that aspect of the Joker.... It's just too deep of a character trait to lose, I think. Joker's vanity is a huge part of his character, and I always expect him to dress well... no T-shirt and trenchcoat for this guy. :lol

Though, Mikey... I don't think he "intentionally" gets disfigured. I think it's just something that happens accidentally and since he finds it slightly humorous and twisted... he leaves it as is. At least that is what I hope. :D

i think the joker got shot in the face in this version, hence the scars. i think . i heard that theory before.

the more i think about it the more i like this version of the joker. this is what i think he would look like in the real world.i wish we could see the clothing, i would love to have this customized

devlinboy said:
the more i think about it the more i like this version of the joker. this is what i think he would look like in the real world.i wish we could see the clothing, i would love to have this customized

Oh man if I could find a Ledger sculpt... I would already be working on one!! Anyone know a sculpt that looks at least a little bit like him?? :monkey3

Customikey said:
It's actually more of a ripoff of Ichi The Killer:
ichizc2.jpg

And from the rumors I've heard, The joker doesn't scar his own face.

Very astute Screaming. That Ichi image shows a similarity right down to the bits on either side of the mouth (stitches???)

I went and found these old images of Joker ideas....
One is a colorized one that may even have influenced the movie design.

Jokerart2.jpg

And this old thing...this one is horrific to me...

Jokerart1.jpg

And the new still

Jokerart3.jpg

I am not terribly sure we have seen a finished look yet. Nothing more than Heath Ledger in a makeup chair...how do we know what his hair or eyes or even his expressions will be from this image? I think we'd best see more...

And Josh (DA) Looking for a Ledger head. I'll let you know what I find...:cool:

figuremasterles said:
Very astute Screaming. That Ichi image shows a similarity right down to the bits on either side of the mouth (stitches???)
Those rings at either side of his mouth? Yeah, those actually keep his mouth together, when he removes them, he can open his mouth the entire length of the scar. Be warned if you go searching for the film, it's a very violent movie.

screamingmetal said:
Those rings at either side of his mouth? Yeah, those actually keep his mouth together, when he removes them, he can open his mouth the entire length of the scar. Be warned if you go searching for the film, it's a very violent movie.

More violent than say, SHOGUN ASSASSIN? Or less over the top? As in, feels more real? Now, I'm curious. :D
I'd like to see that mouth open. How'd they do it? CGI?

figuremasterles said:
More violent than say, SHOGUN ASSASSIN? Or less over the top? As in, feels more real? Now, I'm curious. :D
I'd like to see that mouth open. How'd they do it? CGI?
I belive it was CGI.
I've never seen Shogun Assassin so I can't say. It's a Takashi Miike film so if you know the kind of films he's done, that is what you can expect. Personally I didn't like the movie, a little too gory for my tastes.
You can probably find an image of what his mouth looks like fully open online.

First of all, Takashi Miike is insane! Visitor Q still tops my list of movies I wish I had never seen! It was like watching a car crash and not being able to take your eyes away. :D

Ichi the Killer is extremely over the top. It's like a live action anime. There's so much insane violence, it's almost comical, but still real enough to make you uneasy. The one thing that really bothered me (and I found unnecessary) was the sexual violence. Even if a movie is stylized, I don't need to see that.

I believe his mouth was CGI, Les, but I'm not positive.

What if they do that with the new Joker?
His mouth tears open? :monkey4
AHHHHHH!!!!!
Man! That will get them all going in the audience!
I want them to do that now!

I'll find that movie. Sound intense though.

Batty said:
First of all, Takashi Miike is insane! Visitor Q still tops my list of movies I wish I had never seen! It was like watching a car crash and not being able to take your eyes away. :D

Ichi the Killer is extremely over the top. It's like a live action anime. There's so much insane violence, it's almost comical, but still real enough to make you uneasy. The one thing that really bothered me (and I found unnecessary) was the sexual violence. Even if a movie is stylized, I don't need to see that.

I believe his mouth was CGI, Les, but I'm not positive.
Yeah that and the scenes of torture didn't sit well with me. The main character there, Kakihara is an extreme sadomasochist, he more then willingly cuts off his own tongue, not for the faint at heart.

OK. I don't want to see THAT film now....*tongue hurts just thinking of that*
But, I do hope for some GGI in Dark Knight now.
You've got me seeing that...
It would be outrageous, and maybe a tad unexpected.

(This is my 1933 post. Year of Kong!)

Back