The DARK KNIGHT's JOKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Drizzle said:
I'm all for this darker, more sinister Joker. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Jack Nicholson was an AWFUL Joker. He wasn't the Joker, he was playing an over the top version of himself. That, and the Joker is not fat- Jack was pretty darn fat in that movie- look at how big his butt looks as he pulls himself up that rope ladder on that helicopter. :monkey4

I dont think Jack was awful, but a little to campy at times.

I think this Joker my end up being the best one yet, IMO.

Dark, evil, and NOT campy.

I'm lovin' this one image of Joker. I've been a life-long Batman fan...this is what I want.

I hated Jack as the Joker. (It was more like the Joker as Jack.) I'm happy that Nolan went another way with his Joker.

Nolan reportedly sat everyone down before Batman Begins and said that he wanted to make Bladerunner. The look, the feel, the everything about Batman Begins, he wanted to make like Bladerunner. So I'm guessing that Joker will be as much like Batty as possible. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some eye gouging in this one.

I'm liking the new "Ichi The Killer" Joker, Looks very promising.
The Jack Nicholson Joker was alright, I think it was brought down by the Burton-esque characters and eccentricities that surrounded him.

I think Mark Hamill's voice as the Joker will be the one I always associate with him. Even when I just got in to reading the comics that's the voice I hear.

On a side note, I know I just got in to the comics, so I really can't say much about how the Joker should be, but I always picture him with a humorous side too. I read the novelized version of No Man's Land (cheaper than buying all five TPB's) and the part when it says Joker moved all the furniture from the office to the cells and the furniture from the cells to the offices cracked me up. I could just picture that being something the Joker would do. Dunno if that fits in with the majority's opinion of how the Joker should be, but I thought it was hilarious and I would like to see a little of that in the movie too.

Feel free to call me names. :lol

It warms my heart to see all the others here that didn't like Nicholson as the Joker either. I like Nicholson, but he's not the Joker. I agree with Dek Dave, Killing Joke Joker is how he should be. I am also a Batman fan and have been for a long time, but as far as I'm concerned, Frank Miller defined Batman with Year One and Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore defined Joker in the Killing Joke. I loved Batman Begins and the only thing about the other Batman movies I liked was the darkness of Gotham. Everything else I hate. Especially the treatment of Two Face in Batman Forever. Tommy Lee Jones could have been a good Two Face if it had been written decent, but he ended up being stupid, campy, comic relief. I'm really looking forward to this movie. As far as I'm concerned, those other ones don't exist.

Oh, and didn't the Jack Nicholson Joker get shot through the face too? Isn't that the whole explanation behind the hideous face?

DBoz said:
It warms my heart to see all the others here that didn't like Nicholson as the Joker either. I like Nicholson, but he's not the Joker. I agree with Dek Dave, Killing Joke Joker is how he should be. I am also a Batman fan and have been for a long time, but as far as I'm concerned, Frank Miller defined Batman with Year One and Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore defined Joker in the Killing Joke. I loved Batman Begins and the only thing about the other Batman movies I liked was the darkness of Gotham. Everything else I hate. Especially the treatment of Two Face in Batman Forever. Tommy Lee Jones could have been a good Two Face if it had been written decent, but he ended up being stupid, campy, comic relief. I'm really looking forward to this movie. As far as I'm concerned, those other ones don't exist.

Oh, and didn't the Jack Nicholson Joker get shot through the face too? Isn't that the whole explanation behind the hideous face?
I think it was some glass from a gage that was shot and flew into his face, then he fell into the vat of chemicals and had plastic surgery.

Nicholson was in his 50's when he played the Joker. Malkovich has an intellectual finesse that could make for a twisted Joker. Loved him as Teddy KGB in Rounders. That's what sold me on him as the Joker and also his role as Charles II in The Libertine.

As for Hamill, the guy hasn't exactly had a stellar resume post-Star Wars. This could be a career revival for Hamill and a chance to break away from his Luke image again. Oh and, like Malkovich, he's also in his 50's.

Agent0028 said:
On a side note, I know I just got in to the comics, so I really can't say much about how the Joker should be, but I always picture him with a humorous side too.
The Joker is a twisted psychopathic killer. He would not move furniture, He doesn't want his face on the $1 bill.

Read the very early stories about him.

Read The Dark Knight Returns.

"there's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix with my hands"

Well, he practically beat Robin to death with a crow bar, then blow him and his mother up!

Thats the kind of Joker I want to see.

didnt anyone teach him not to put on lipstick and drive at the same time? :rotfl

Idioteque said:
Nolan will not let us down.
He let me down on Batman Begins. First hour was a masterpiece but as soon as Bale put on the Batsuit I couldn't take it seriously. It wasn't Year One. Batman wasn't James Bond. Didn't have that Tumbler thing and Katie Holmes was :yuck

As much as I WANT to like Batman Begins, I can't. Still waiting for the REAL Batman movie to be made. Nobody has made it yet.

Collector Freak said:
How would it be Batman without the suit? :confused:
Batman doesn't have a rubber armored suit. Give me the gray suit from the comics anyday, like that guy who made Batman: Dead End. It looked cool and he got it right. In Year One Batman is just making his mark on the streets of Gotham. He has no gadgets, has to rely on his detective skills and martial arts training. It should be urban and raw. Nolan got it all wrong. The first half with the League of Shadows was brilliant but I was so offended by the second half I nearly walked out. I haven't been so pissed off watching a movie since Phantom Menace.

Last edited:
I don't really have any problem with the armored suit, but was really let down by the Tumblermobile in Begins, and so far, I am completely put off by this "interpretation" of the Joker.

I'm not writing it off just yet, but if this is as good as it's gonna get, then I have a feeling I won't be seeing the next film.

Back