The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the only one where I felt scared for Batman, felt pain for Wayne and felt overwhelming emotion for Alfred's relationship with Bruce

Interesting reading the different reactions. I'd say this was the least engaging of Nolan's Batman films for me.

I don't know what to make of this film. Very mixed reviews. Seems the only consistency is Catwoman.

Very mixed reviews. Some hate Bane, some love Bane. Some hate Batman, some love Bruce Wayne. Some hate Bruce Wayne, Some love Batman. Everybody loves Catwomen. Everybody loves Blake. No one can hate Gordon:lol.................

I thought it was a very entertaining movie. It surprised me with some plot developments and was kinda deep and emotional as well, glad the girls I was with brought their tissues. Yup I liked Bane (my favorite thing about the movie), Catwoman and Blake, so you can put me in that group. Was equal to TDK for me. Left the comic book stories on my bookshelf for this one and really enjoyed Nolan's vision and take on his Batman trilogy.

Last edited:
Question bros, regarding the ending..
Spoiler Spoiler:

:dunno

Question bros, regarding the ending..
Spoiler Spoiler:

:dunno

:goodpost: :lecture

Just got back. I have to say that I really enjoyed the film but would rank it #3 of the trilogy.

Batman Begins 10/10

The Dark Knight 9.5/10

The Dark Knight Rises 9/10

I'm a believer that simple is better. I feel TDK & TDKR loose points for being to complicated or better said would be trying to hard to be something colossal.

I'm sure after 4-5 more viewings it'll grow on me more :D

Saw it for the second time today on IMAX. Man I LOVED this film the second time around! It feels like it's settled in for me and I loved every minute of it! Bane was fantastic and the first fight with batman when the lights go out are just eerie!!!! One of my favorite moments showing what a monster Bane is. It is so hard to rank the films because they are so drastically different from one another. I can't say I like it more than BB or TDK, but it does such a good job of ending the series that I would maybe place tied with TDK and BB still being the favorite. Will see again soon...and many more times to come.

Spoiler Spoiler:

My friends and I loved it. We did the marathon and watched all three films.
I had one friend who had not watched any of the films before last night and thought they were awesome.

The only part I did not like was how Bane died, I think it could have been more memorable somehow.

But still thought it rocked and going to watch it again on Sunday.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Bane is one of the best villains in Batman's rogue gallery. The portrayal of Tom Hardy as Bane should also be commended.

The opening scene was, to me, very similar to the last movie, in that it introduces
Spoiler Spoiler:

Took a while to warm up to Bane, but I did, he was menacing.

Catwoman was awesome, beautiful, much like the original in many respects.

This movie, unlike Prometheus, held my attention from the first to the last scene and that was after a long day at work with alot on my plate.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
My fiance and I were lucky enough to see the entire trilogy in IMAX on Thursday...started at 6 pm and we didn't get home til around 3:30 am. My back was killing me for sitting so long (I have 4 herniated discs) but it was totally worth every second! It was just such a cool experience and I'm glad we did it. I actually went and saw it with my Dad tonight as well so really I saw it twice in one day lol

But yeah, I got to really focus on it more the second time and picked up things I missed the first time.

I will say though that going to a Midnight release, in addition to it being the whole trilogy was the way to go for me. It was the real die-hard fans and you just knew everyone was having a blast and everyone was respectful.

When I saw it again with my dad it was just a regular screening and there were people obnoxiously talking the whole time, saying things like, "DIS MOOVIE STOOPID" and laughing at parts that were supposed to be emotional.

I didn't go in with very high expectations, but I really enjoyed it. I liked it better than Dark Knight, actually.

If i could describe this movie in 1 word, it would be POWERFUL!! It is a heavy film, very long BUT sooo worth it, i even wanted more! It has so much heart, emotion, action, and all that other good stuff rolled into one. Its currently my favorite movie and a true masterpiece by Nolan & the crew. Bravo to them.

Best part is all 3 films of the trilogy stand on there own, so different but so alike, This IMO is the best Trilogy for me, goes down with Ogirinal Star Wars and Back to the future. I can just tell its gonna stick with me.

Best part is all 3 films of the trilogy stand on there own, so different but so alike, This IMO is the best Trilogy for me, goes down with Ogirinal Star Wars and Back to the future. I can just tell its gonna stick with me.

I know right? That was gonna be my next comment. I would assume Nolan purposely made each film feel different? I mean the music was very consistent but each film felt like a different universe even.

Having said that, this is also one of (not much of a SW or Indy fan) if not my all-time favorite trilogy. Right up there with Back to the Future.

Great film but wayyyyyy too many characters

Weren't there more characters in each of your Michael Bay films, mostly supporting the supporting actors who support the main supporting actor.. then the robots. :lol

I enjoyed the film A+++++ so dont get me wrong but i wished that they shouldve focused more towards the end wirh bruces healing process very much like knightfall.....still no regrets seeIng this unbelievable film.....it'll be a shame if michael caine does not get a oscar nom for best supporting actor at next years oscar.....pheonominal and emotional performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back