The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow sounds like what I'm reading on these threads is this was a blockbuster summer with three big superhero movies! I'm so glad these films lived up to the undeniable hype that was building for years on these three movies! :hi5:

Avengers, ASM and TDKRS

There's also an incredible exchange between Batman and Gordon that is extremely touching. Nothing in this is cry worthy but that moment is something I really appreciate. The silly flashback though ALMOST ruins it.

Yeah I didn't care for any of the reused footage. I wish he had left that stuff out.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Really liked it. And this version of Catwoman was perfect.

I'm still reeling from it...I'd say something, but I don't think that words can accurately describe what I'm feeling right now, moreso when you've witnessed the entire trilogy back-to-back-to-back.

All I can say now is that this movie is beyond powerful, and IMO one of the greatest films of all time. Nolan did it, Bravo to the cast & crew.

This movies going to take a while to sink in.

lolol I cant believe how much people complain without even seeing the movie... seriously just watch it, then make your judgement.

I have seen it, and Loved it, Nolen has once again out done himself once again. Will be seeing it again for sure

I can honestly say this movie was very disappointing. It felt like a action/thriller that co-starred Batman. I'm sure many will love it, but it was imo the weakest of the three Nolan Bat flicks. It did make me appreciate TDK more. The direction they took with the story just wasn't how I imagined it would continue from TDK.

Just saw this movie!! Super tired right now but seeing it again tomorrow. I enjoyed it very much except for some few minor complaints which some have already pointed out.

Loved Catwoman, she was perfect!!! The ending was beautiful.

I can honestly say this movie was very disappointing. It felt like a action/thriller that co-starred Batman. I'm sure many will love it, but it was imo the weakest of the three Nolan Bat flicks. It did make me appreciate TDK more. The direction they took with the story just wasn't how I imagined it would continue from TDK.

TDK was more of a crime thriller than anything too.

Dont get the criticism about it being a crime thriller.... I mean, Batman is a detective, Long Halloween for example IS a crime thriller. One of the things I like most about Batman XD

The movie was good. Shades of Knighfall throughout. The cast did well, especially Hathaway and Caine (his appearances were meaningful and touching.) The cane was a nice touch. I like how they 'ended' everything.

Miller time!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Wow. I finally feel like I can catch my breath. Absolutely amazing. Mind = Blown.

Taking my 6 year old son and his cousin tomorrow. Gonna pay closer attention to things when I see it again.

TDK was more of a crime thriller than anything too.

Dont get the criticism about it being a crime thriller.... I mean, Batman is a detective, Long Halloween for example IS a crime thriller. One of the things I like most about Batman XD

Exactly my point, Batman is a detective yet he seemed caught unaware pretty much throughout the whole movie. My major complaint is that Batman didn't act like Batman, but a wealthy guy in a Batman suit.

Exactly my point, Batman is a detective yet he seemed caught unaware pretty much throughout the whole movie. My major complaint is that Batman didn't act like Batman, but a wealthy guy in a Batman suit.

I aint seen it yet :p Tonight though!!!!!! So i cant judge how Batman is portrayed yet!

Just some quick thoughts before I hit the sack.

I'm fresh from the IMAX where I had a glorious time. No my mini review will not contain spoilers so its safe to read. I will just adress Nolan's handleing of the film. Some might say it gets slow at times. But I disagree. Its a rich heady brew made to challange the mind. Only the mentaly lazy will have a problem with that. How ever & to be fair, the main threat that is posed in the film (other than the villian), well that thing could have been aquired in several ways. Its not like a serious matser of mass distruction would have had to sit around twiddleing their thumbs waiting for the..."ulitmate weapon" to be made. I mean hell, look what Timothy McVeigh did with _____, gas & a few steel drums!

THE CINNIMATOGHAPHY IS JAW DROPPING!!!! To see that Bat suit larger than life in the highest of deffition was well worth the extra few dollars! Cat Woman.....I wanted more. I won't say Hathaway was bad. But her character was just a lil.....underdeveloped. & I guess Nolan tried to use the old..."mysterious past" card to make us not question why we the audiance were not really connecting with her the way we should.

The emotional arch: this was our dear Alfreds dept. This actor was very powerful. So much so that I felt he really didn't need as much dialog as he had to conveigh the moment. Bruce & AlfredKs relationship has always been so much more than words. I can't help but feel Nolan didn't put enough faith in his vetran actors talent to pull offthe level of acting required.

Bane: complicated, yet in the end we find out....not really. & I don't mean that in a bad way!! Matter of fact it gave a very gripping element to the charactor. But againg I felt he spoke to much. Explained himself to much. Also the cut aways from the more graphic violance to satify the PG13 really hurt the movie over all.

Det Blake: don't ask me why but this actor REALLY REALLY made you fall madly in love this this character right from the start. I would say more but....no spoilers.

& the Dark Knight him self. Yes, I will agree that his presents seemed "faded". But I guess that was the whole point to the story. How ever in hind site it prob would have been better to have the story pick up sooner that 7 years. Bale did an excellent job with what he was givin. Why Nolan thought we would be wowed by an ailling injured Batman is beyond me. But in the end Bale gave us all a good show.

The ending: I fought back tears.....especialy when the camera cuts to the cockpit close ups.

Over all score on my 5 star scale. 4.25

P.S. NO EFFING WAY NOLAN IS DONE WITH DARK KNIGHT!

Last edited:
Gotta get some sleep before doing something for a new job tomorrow, but wanted to say this was a very solid film. I'm not blown away by it nor is it the best film I've seen this year, but it was a solid follow up to TDK.

Hathaway was fantastic as cat woman and IMO the best rendition yet. She was also stunning to look at the entire time.

There's tons. Pittsburgh and LA are the most prominent in the film. Other than city scapes, stock market, and a few shots on wall street in New York it's mostly Pittsburgh and LA.

Heinz Field, the courthouse steps, suburb shots, Gordon's house, Foley's house, Bane and Batman's final fight, the streets with The Bat, Batpod, Tumblers and HEMTT, some underground, Blake on the streets, alleys, all Pittsburgh.

I tried looking for myself in the shots of cops on the steps. The FAR right. But the scene is only like 30 seconds long. :(

Wonder if Dark Magic will be able to see himself. Can't wait for a pause feature on Blu Ray/DVD.

Nah, I couldn't see myself at all. I was part of the scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

So this is the only memento I have of my time on the force as GCPD beat cop #676.
37964375029752562976012.jpg

Hot Toys better get my ugly mug right on the figure. :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back