The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laws will change. People will now be screened, and probed before seeing a film now. Everything is going to change after this.

yup, I def retract my previous statement. I had not fully absorbed the magnitude of this situation. your right, this tragedy will change everything.

You are obviously not a parent. Whether you see it all the time is irrelevant. It IS bad parenting and irresponsible. As a parent you make sacrifices. One is clearly missing out on late night adventures unless you have someone to watch your kid.

That's the last I will comment on it.
:lecture
I was in the Marines. 0311 here. I have personally been gased and practiced practiced practiced. Because of this training I'm not even close to being as naive as you on this type of scenerio. :slap

:lecture Yes. It's too easy to way what the "could,should, and would" scenarios. In that kind of stressed moment with whatever gas he used, him shooting everywhere, and everybody trying to run I doubt it would've been smart to try a shot. Safest bet would be to attempt getting out while being ready to shoot back if he specifically targeted you.

Well, this may not be appropriate, but the people who committed the 9/11 attack were the pilots, rather then the passengers.

Yet, we're screened as well.

He entered through an emergency exit so even if people were scanned he would have got through.

Very true. I'm not sure having "TSA" screenings at every public place would actually do anything other than perpetuate anxiety and paranoia. And then what do they do with the people that have CCW permits?

Hmm his name was james holmes and he was 24. No doubt all theaters across the country will be extra secure.

Well, this may not be appropriate, but the people who committed the 9/11 attack were the pilots, rather then the passengers.

Yet, we're screened as well.

Uh. They got on as passengers. They hijacked from the passenger cabin, took the plane, breached the cockpit, killed the pilots, and piloted it into buildings.

The planes were not taken into buildings by the original pilots.

SnakeDoc

Aside from wishing this never happened i wish that there'd be no mention of this guys name anywhere in the media, no news reports, no book deals, no crazed fan mail, nothing. Keep the satisfaction off his lips.

yup, I def retract my previous statement. I had not fully absorbed the magnitude of this situation. your right, this tragedy will change everything.

Relax...as far as we know the guy came in through the side door/emergency exit, not the front door. Hindsight what it is, any Midnight screening should have a couple of extra cops, or security guards on hand. Hell, perhaps the theater could've scheduled heavy on ushers that night to make sure no one was sneaking in for free. Most theaters usually have extra staff/security on hand depending on the time and or the area. I also know that your really not allowed to walk into alot of places with alot of baggage anyway. Perhaps all of this was anticipated and thought out regardless and all of these safety measures were in place to begin with. My point is that no matter where you go or what you do, you can only mitigate so much risk. "What-ifing" the situation and knee-jerk reactions are not the way to go forward.

The best security can sometimes be your own eyes and ears. If something looks out of place, sounds out of place, it very may well be. Let someone know and let the authorities deal with it.

This is still America folks.

Ok guys lets talk about somthing postive to get all this negative energy away. It was tragic and that man will pay for his crimes. Reading all this is just heartbraking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back