The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they aren't. We will be paying for his incarceration for quite some time. As well as providing hime safety and free healthcare.
Well, it's also possible that he'll be jailed with a slightly skewered individual that hates baby killers, who could end up shanking him. Either way, he needs to be pushed through the system, tried, convicted, sentenced, and then swiftly hanged.

They just said the youngest victim is 3 months old. Who the ____ takes a 3 month old to a theater at midnight? :slap

This is horrible. I don't even want to see this movie anymore. :monkey2

Lots and Lots of people do, at 3 months old all he/she would do is sleep.

The kid had a much higher chance of getting killed in a car accident on the way to the theatre than in the movie theatre.

This is a horrible tragedy but when kids got shot at other schools i still went. So I will still go see this movie again this weekend.

I will not let some crazy nut win :mad:

Yeah, but why do that at a midnight Batman screening, why not pop into Magic Mike? It seems to have been a specific choice, not random. BBC are saying it was related to TDKR, they are not normally ones for tabloid BS.
:dunno

Because there's a lot more people in the Batman theater. Midnight screenings were sold out. Full theaters are better targets than empty ones.

Also probably helpful that the costumed geeks at midnight screenings would make the guy in body armor look less out-of-place.

SnakeDoc

It was a big movie. It was the perfect place to find a bunch of people in the theater to kill.
Statements like this are why people should have carry permits. You could be at a mall and someone could just start shooting. Cops aren't always around and I'm not even sure if most malls have guards with guns, as the ones here don't "seem" to carry any.

This is ____ed. What a great thing to wake up to.

Not looking forward to hearing this guys motives or what the hell he was thinking. The fact that kids were harmed/killed makes me sick. We've all experienced theater showings so I can't even imagine what this was like for that audience. Pretty damn scary.

It's going to hype the film up even more at the expense of lives. Hope they kill the son of a _____.

Implying that the shooter killed people because he likes Nolan's Batman is as stupid as implying that the Columbine shooters killed their fellow students because they like Marilyn Manson and played computer games. :dunno

Statements like this are why people should have carry permits. You could be at a mall and someone could just start shooting. Cops aren't always around and I'm not even sure if most malls have guards with guns, as the ones here don't "seem" to carry any.

You do have to have carry permits.

I have a carry permit.

SnakeDoc

It's irresponsible. Trust me. You don't get a sitter you don't go to the movies. There are a lot of things you give up when you have a child. Its called being a parent.

But again they still have the right to make a dumb decision and be safe.

You cannot be a parent, because nothing you said makes any sense to me.

Something really horrible happened tonight and you are blaming the victims?

You do have to have carry permits.
I know. I'm saying, more people should get them. If even one guy in the crowd, or near it, has a gun, retaliation and a stand off can take place to at least stall the offender till help arrives.

Hell, if they're a good enough shot, and are packing some massive balls, maybe they could even take the perp out before then. I'm not saying that "average joes" should go get one. You would have to be responsible and know what you're doing and be a decent shot.

I have a carry permit.

SnakeDoc
I'm thinking of getting mine. Shootings have happened here and more crazy ass shootings keep happening nationwide. People are ____ed up.

He was wearing kevlar. But still. Maybe we should.
A man can still be killed wearing kevlar. The bullet force can knock the wind out of him, giving the person returning fire an opportunity to lay an entire clip into him as he tries to overcome the force. It might not necessarily kill him, but he'll be down. Granted, it's risky to lay so much fire into a guy wearing kevlar like that, as it leaves you open too long.

He was wearing kevlar. But still. Maybe we should.

Getting shot wearing kevlar is a bit like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. Knock the wind right out of ya. Broken ribs, collapsed lungs. He'd live ... but he likely wouldn't keep shooting.

SnakeDoc

He didn't blame the victims. That doesn't mean it's not bad parenting to bring a 3 month old baby to a theater because you want to watch a Batman movie at midnight.

Getting shot wearing kevlar is a bit like getting hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. Knock the wind right out of ya. Broken ribs, collapsed lungs. He'd live ... but he wouldn't keep shooting.

SnakeDoc

Hopefully. But i'm not educated in the bullet proof vest area. :lol

Gotcha. It's time to conceal carry myself and go be a theater marshall.

Thats the problem in this scenerio. A gas filled room with people diving all over the place and hit with a surprise attack. Even a highly trained and skilled shooter would have trouble in this situation. Hell even if you were to shoot the guy with the amount of people around if a bullet goes through him chances are it's hitting someone else.

NO I'm blaming the shooter. I'm blaming the parents for being irresponsible parents for taking a 3 month old to a movie theater at midnight. But no I don't blame them for their child being shot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back