The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh. They got on as passengers. They hijacked from the passenger cabin, took the plane, breached the cockpit, killed the pilots, and piloted it into buildings.

The planes were not taken into buildings by the original pilots.

SnakeDoc

I said I was wrong. I got it mixed up.

This just put a dark cloud over this right now. I can't go see this movie this weekend with a big smile on my face and cheerful.
This tragedy will be in the back of my mind.

Totally tragic. These people were just at a movie looking for a great night out and to see a movie they have been waiting for.

What do we know about this guy? Obvioulsy this was planned around this movie and the release. Obsessed Batman fan?

I too live in a country without nearly as much guncrime as the USA, my personal opinion is that more guns on the streets isn't a positive thing

Same. Canada here.

Anyway, of course it was BATMAN related or at least it was planned that he KNEW there was a midnight screening of a movie, so he could plan to go there.
HE didn't happen by chance to just be out and about and notice the movie theatre was open at midnight tonight.
He knew and planned to go there for this movie release.

The killing doesn't have anything to do with the film. But this whole thing just makes me feel all weird. All kinds of weird.

Yeah I get it. I don't know why people don't get why you would feel like this.
And nobody here can't tell me when they go see this on the weekend, that this incident doesn't cross your mind while being in there.

You know what. ____ this prick. I was going to wait until this evening to see the film but I'm going to leave now and watch this mother ____er on repeat for everyone that didn't get to and for everyone who will never get to now because of this assclown. I'll see you _____es on the otherside and I'll pour one out (cherry coke) at my theater for the victims.

Relax...as far as we know the guy came in through the side door/emergency exit, not the front door. Hindsight what it is, any Midnight screening should have a couple of extra cops, or security guards on hand. Hell, perhaps the theater could've scheduled heavy on ushers that night to make sure no one was sneaking in for free. Most theaters usually have extra staff/security on hand depending on the time and or the area. I also know that your really not allowed to walk into alot of places with alot of baggage anyway. Perhaps all of this was anticipated and thought out regardless and all of these safety measures were in place to begin with. My point is that no matter where you go or what you do, you can only mitigate so much risk. "What-ifing" the situation and knee-jerk reactions are not the way to go forward.

The best security can sometimes be your own eyes and ears. If something looks out of place, sounds out of place, it very may well be. Let someone know and let the authorities deal with it.

This is still America folks.
I'll tell you a quick story...

Last X-Mas, my girl and I were pricing out a new camera for her at Wal-Mart. She's never had security training, she likes to "people watch".

We're in electronics and I'm engrossed in the camera's and she points out this dude in girls clothing across from us staring at other people, being down right creepy. Once she points it out, I pick up on it but the dude doesn't see us watching him. It doesn't look right, where he's at, and how he's watching people. So we decide to let the manager know. The manager was just as concerned and very receptive. He disappears for a few and comes back a little later and kinda takes us aside from other shoppers so we don't cause any alarm or tip the guy off. Creepy dude dissappeared but walks around to meet us and the manager off to the side.

Creepy dude subtley greets us with the manager. He's slightly embarressed, but actually had good humor about him. Turns out he was one of those "secret shoppers" hired by Wal-Mart or whatever company that was doing their security. It was all pretty funny and the manager thanked us for being concerned with the well-being of the store and it's customers.

Turned out he gave us a ridiculously good deal on the camera.

I just don't want to take a chance, just in case this dude has buddies.

Sorry, but it's too close to home. It isn't out of respect, it's out of fear. I'll wait till tomorrow. I just don't know what this was.

You know what. ____ this prick. I was going to wait until this evening to see the film but I'm going to leave now and watch this mother ____er on repeat for everyone that didn't get to and for everyone who will never get to now because of this assclown. I'll see you _____es on the otherside and I'll pour one out (cherry coke) at my theater for the victims.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Yep my wife and I are going this afternoon. And guess what? We have a sitter to watch our daughter. :yess:

The little man in her belly will just have to deal with the noise. :lecture

Agreed, woff. I went to the midnight releas and I am seeing it with my father on Sunday in IMAX. Im sorry for everyone involved, but i won't allow it to change my plans of seeing it or color how I feel about the film.

Yeah I get it. I don't know why people don't get why you would feel like this.
And nobody here can't tell me when they go see this on the weekend, that this incident doesn't cross your mind while being in there.
Yeah, if I go, I'll be thinking about it every few scenes. It will also be hard not to get a little worried about something similar happening while I'm sitting there. Although, that's more due to my paranoia than anything.

And with that I'm done with this topic, until I've actually seen the film. This ordeal has soured a large part of the excitement I previously had, and so I must try and retain what I can by avoiding future spoilers.

I didn't like Bane at all in this movie.

His voice was goofy. And he wasn't scary. He just broke people's necks. That's not scary. Where's the spine ripping Bane I heard about?

Oh well? I enjoyed the film, but didn't find Bane to be that scary. He didn't interest me until the end. Fight scenes were fun.

But he just wasn't....interesting. At all to me.

Terrible terrible tragedy about the shooting :(

The film however, I couldn't have asked for a more fitting conclusion, in beyond words at the moment

Void did cry, a lot.

The whole tragedy just sucks.

This will affect people's ability to feel safe going out to the movies now. At least for a little while.

Like I was going to take my parents to go see this for one showing, but good luck getting my mom to want to go now. She's one of those worriesome people regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back