The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a lie. i honestly think that word of mouth isnt good mainly becuase its just a boring movie to most people. It wasnt as powerful as tdk imho. It didnt give me that batman feel. The movie itself was awesome but for a batman film not so much. I think people expected more

"so youve come to die with your city" - englishmen bane.

Nolan loves him more then I do. :lol

Sorry, I had to bring up that point real quick. Lets go back to the Dark Rises Moon.

tumblr_lupg946u5s1qe0eclo1_r5_500.gif

Oh, Khev always has to bring out the SW analogies from out of nowhere. :lol

It's just like his thing. Don't sweat it. :duff

Out of nowhere? Nowhere!? :panic:

I've recognized the parallels since 2005 when ROTS and BB were in theaters at the exact same time.

Qui Gon takes Bruce to his Jedi Temple of ninjas to train him to be the Chosen One who will lead the Jedi/ninjas to bring balance to the society covered in a cloud of darkness. The girl he loves (who knew him as a child before they were separated for years) is an idealist who wants to defeat evil through diplomacy/the law but he's all about the "aggressive negotiations" and she despises him for it.

He turns on the temple that trained him and wipes it out and then dons a black cape and mask and has a deeper scarier voice in the new costume. I mean its literally like Nolan said "I'm going to use the character of Batman to do the SW prequels right!" :lol

And yes I'm serious because it's true. Go Nolan. :lecture

Out of nowhere? Nowhere!? :panic:

I've recognized the parallels since 2005 when ROTS and BB were in theaters at the exact same time.

Qui Gon takes Bruce to his Jedi Temple of ninjas to train him to be the Chosen One who will lead the Jedi/ninjas to bring balance to the society covered in a cloud of darkness. The girl he loves (who knew him as a child before they were separated for years) is an idealist who wants to defeat evil through diplomacy/the law but he's all about the "aggressive negotiations" and she despises him for it.

He turns on the temple that trained him and wipes it out and then dons a black cape and mask and has a deeper scarier voice in the new costume. I mean its literally like Nolan said "I'm going to use the character of Batman to do the SW prequels right!" :lol

And yes I'm serious because it's true. Go Nolan. :lecture

:tap Don't bogart that ____, yo. :nono

BTW, has anyone brought this up yet?...

After Gordon is shot and escapes the sewer and Blake finds him, Blake goes to Bruce, etc. He says that Gordon was "babbling about... some masked man called Bane." How did Gordon know Bane's name?? It wasn't once uttered by anyone when he was captured and down there. And he was barely concious anyway. Is this another script shortcut/flub, or was there likely some stuff cut from that sequence (though I can't imagine what it could be)?

One of the thugs say "take him to Bane." I think he was sorta conscious. Not sure.

Same here except BB is still tops for me. Interesting couple of days lurking this thread. Good debate actually. I can't get into it because I'm on here for 5 to 10 minutes at a time but I do see the arguments posted by both sides. DiFabio, I agree that TDKR isn't at all what I expected to follow TDK. After TDK, I was expecting Wayne to realize that he will never be able to have the normal life he wanted and accept his fate as Batman. That the point of TDK was to set that part of his story up. His actions have not only cost his loved one her life but the rise of the freaks would happen and Batman's war on crime would forever be changed from fighting the mob to fighting the freaks. That is what I WANTED!

But we got a new spin on the tale and to be honest I hated the idea of Bruce being a hermit for 8 years at first. But I grew to accept it as an Elseworlds tale and Nolan finishing his version of Batman. There will never be a definitive Batman on screen when the character has been around for 70 years. Nolan came closest to me, but I do wish we would have gotten a bit more time with Batman as Batman and his war on crime only lasting like a year and a half. But for me I guess I enjoyed the sophistication and respect Nolan gave these characters. The story as a whole was great and only the finest actors were picked to play with these great characters. I wish we had more than only 3 films because the Rogues Gallery is so huge and it's weird to think Batman retired without having known The Riddler, Penguin, Croc, etc.

I am grateful that we got 3 great Batman films and they may not have ended where I expected them to, but it was a fun ride and I have only the highest respect for Christopher Nolan and his team.

I understand, I just don't think it necessarily has to be a flaw. It all depends on how this fits to the story and how it's potrayed in the movie.

I for one, loved Caine in this. It's the kind of actor that can not only sell the kind of dialogue he has in TDKR, but actually make it hit You.

Like I said before, Caine's Alfred is the only potrayal of the butler that has any significance and meaningful presence in the story, rather then just making Bruce's bed and ironing his suits.

His love and care for Bruce is palpable. Plus the acting chops and natural, cockney charisma of Michael Caine, are one of the strenght's of this trilogy.

But that was a bit differen't situation wasn't it? When Alfred told Bruce to "endure it" in TDK, he meant taking on all the deaths in the city. Bruce was worried that his actions resulted in civilan casualites, but Alfred knew that in the end if Joker wasn't stopped there would be even more corpses. He meant that as an outlaw, Batman can do the right thing that the police won't.

In TDKR it's a different situation. He sees the toll that being Batman has taken on Bruce, even worse he sees Bruce's self-destructing patterns and the possibility that this confrontation will end up with Bruce dead. Of course he wasn't going to encourge him. Also from his Alfred's point of view, I guess the situtation was a little different, since Gotham didn't really needed Batman. He thought the bolstered police forces that managed to help clean the city, would be enough for Bane. Wheather he was right or not is another matter, but You can't blame him.

I mean this guy has been with Wayne for so long. He raised him, he sticked with him while he went about his crazy, bonkers plan of terrorising crime in a rubber bondage suit. But he sees that if Bruce will keep doing this, he'll end up dead. He knew that Bruce could be semi-suicidal, becouse he lived with him for the past 8 years and he knew how funky his psyche was. He wasn't just going to let him die. Even if one disagrees with his decision to leave, one cannot blame him for caring for his surrogate-son. He understood(and supported) the sacrafices that Bruce made so far for the city, but watching him kill himself was too much for the old sod.

:clap:clap:clap

Bruce giving up the Bat absolutely seemed like a logical end to the story. Being the Bat took care of a lot of common criminals but it also drew the Joker, which Gordon warned him about at the end of the very first movie.

I see Nolan Batman as the "Chosen One" who needed to bring the city of Gotham back into "balance." It was corrupt and infested and oppressed in a way that normal cops and politicians could not handle until the Bat evened the odds. But he couldn't stay around forever because of the inevitable escalation.

Once the pendulum swung back in favor of the good cops and politicians it was time for him to leave.

The LoS also represented a restoration of balance but its idea of evening the odds was simply to eradicate BOTH sides.

So common criminals and corruption = The Death Star in ANH
Too big for normal citizens to deal with so Batman had to blow it up

But that drew the attention of Vader and the Emperor (ie The Joker and his kind), much WORSE threats than the Death Star.

He had to leave Gotham for the same reason Luke had to leave his friends on Endor. "He was endangering the mission" because his presence attracted greater evil like a beacon. But in Gotham putting down Vader and the Emperor isn't the end. There would ALWAYS be new Jokers and freaks as long as the Bat roamed the streets. So the Bat went away, no more agents of chaos sought out the city, and the Gotham law enforcement took care of the rest, with new everyman heroes in place like Gordon and Blake to ensure that things would never get out of hand like they did before Bruce had to create the "legend" to tip the scales.

Understood. :wink1:

The world doesn't hate Transformers :lol most people just acknowledge they weren't very...story driven movies, they were, however, fun. Which for a lot of people is just what they want, and I see no problem with that.

I like Tformers... Not for story but for FX and rock'm sock'm robot fun! I don't take those films serious since they're based on a toy line! I don't expect them to have a sophisticated plot but are there merely to entertain me and take me away from reality! Bay is a great action director... But he's not for something like a Shakespear film.

Lol.

All these Christian Bale gifs people find are awesome and entirely appropriate, most of the time.

Anyway, I really wish Michael Bay would stick to giant robots and explosions. When it comes to Saturday morning cartoons, and their licensed properties, the ____er needs to stay far, far away from my TMNT and Thunder Cats.

Seriously, the first Transformers flick was great, the second wasn't bad, but the third was as predictable and cliched as a romantic comedy featuring Katherine Heigl... except there was no Katherine Heigl, who could save any movie in which she was cast, in my opinion. Speaking of which, Michael needs to get over it and rehire Megan Fox. The chemistry between his two lead "human" roles was miles better in the first two films. Plus, Rosie Huntington is both unattractive, to me anyway, and a terrible actress.

^ He's not even directing Ninja Turtles. It will be worse then if he did.
He's not? Well, maybe if he's merely producing it won't be so bad. I'm saying that with little faith though. Who the ____ came up with the idea for them to be damn aliens? That's quite possibly one of the worst character deviations I've seen in a while. Their entire premise is based around them being mutated turtles, trained by a mutated rat in the martial arts.

Yeah, this was entertaining for sure. Saying otherwise would be hating to hate IMO. This and BB are pretty equal IMO with TDK being the best and I think the BO numbers reflect this just not being as good as film 2 for several reasons.

Lack of Joker. Simple as that.

So Ignoring international numbers are we :lol

The BO is not limited to the US :nana:

No, I was just speaking about the US numbers. Most of the time with movies the WWBO is always more since it has more markets in it. :p

I just got around to seeing it tonight. Got back from the theatre a few minutes ago. Overall pretty solid film, but the ending blew me away.

However being the nitpicky guy I am, one major element kept standing out to me. Namely, the leg brace. The film seemed to go out of its way to showcase Bruce's need for the thing early on and demonstrate how ridiculously powerful it was by showing him kick through a brick wall, and yet the thing which could have come in handy later never reappeared.

I kept wondering why Bruce didn't try kicking Bane during that fight in the sewer, or why in the Prison he didnt make climb the wall easily by kicking out a bunch of footholds for himself (if Bane took it off him, he should have been limping)?

1) Bane wouldve grabbed and smashed the leg to pieces, it was a weak spot remember with no cartilidge. Bane says that 'you fight like a younger man,admirable, but mistaken' because he knows Bruce is older and his body has took a large amount of damage. Just like when Bane says 'Peace has cost you your strength, victory has defeated you' which means the hard earned peace for the past 8 years, the 'victory', has defeated him on the return of LOS in Gotham as falling from the building in BB, being stabbed by Joker at the fund raiser, being pounded in the head with the crowbar (residual concussion), mauled by a tiger ( ;] ), beaten up, shot by Dent and the final fall at the end of TDK; that was the cost of 'victory', and that 'victory' has cost Bruce the true fight with Bane at first.

2) He removed all his gadgets, suit etc and was put into rags for the prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back