The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the 'peace has cost you your strength' line, while I think you raise good points regarding the toll his body took while being Batman, I interpreted it slightly differently - I think it's as much about peace costing him his strength in the sense that since Batman hasn't been needed, Bruce has been a shut-in and completely out of shape. So he's lost his strength also due to lack of practice and keeping up with his training.

Which was pretty easy to interpret from the film.

Anybody who didnt like this film is just nuts...period

Did anyone else think TDKR was kind of like Forrest Gump in that Bruce was constantly pursuing Selina and time and again she kept rejecting him and hanging out with really shady characters? Before finally giving in and marrying him?

Okay I'll stop. :lol

Regarding the 'peace has cost you your strength' line, while I think you raise good points regarding the toll his body took while being Batman, I interpreted it slightly differently - I think it's as much about peace costing him his strength in the sense that since Batman hasn't been needed, Bruce has been a shut-in and completely out of shape. So he's lost his strength also due to lack of practice and keeping up with his training.

Yeah. But my point is that peace cost him his strength because he gave up, with what his body took which is WHY he is out of shape. Training and Practice wouldnt fix those weak points and deficiencies.

So its the same thing as victory over Joker, Ra's, Scarecrow and Dent has defeated him. His Mindset was weak and cocky 'ill just fight harder' asif he is infallable to anyone, which is why Alfred was much more powerful, because he is trying to tell bruce he will kill himself. He is trying to tell him that he isnt what he used to be. Its dealing with somethings the comics dont usually do because theyre a continuation. Bruce's pysche and body is punished to almost its maximum. He's over confident because he never faced an opponent physically challenging or superior. But the hits he did take, have lasting damage =]

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone who's been trashing every aspect of this movie for the last 30 pages has gone on record as saying they still really liked the movie. :duh :lol

LOL...hard to tell...LOL...there are so many other films that deserve 100000 times more to get bashed than this one

And you slated my opinion in other various threads for that same approach.

:dunno Definition of SLATE

1: a piece of construction material (as laminated rock) prepared as a shingle for roofing and siding

2: a dense fine-grained metamorphic rock produced by the compression of various sediments (as clay or shale) so as to develop a characteristic cleavage

3: a tablet (as of slate) used for writing on

4a : a written or unwritten record (as of deeds) <started with a clean slate>

b : a list of candidates for nomination or election

5a : a dark purplish gray

b : any of various grays similar in color to common roofing

More like Pee-Wee's Adventure, really. Guy gets complacent with his life after fulfilling his life's function (obtaining awesome bike), needs bigger, stronger enemy to shake him out of his complacency by destroying his world (stealing his bike). Hero has all kinds of awesome gadgets, goes on an epic journey where he is frequently a sad bastard, interacts with dangerous female (chick with scary boyfriend), drives cool motorcycle, ultimately it appears that his enemy is being manipulated by someone else (his father, who made him the kind of jerk that would steal someone's bike). Sage advice given to the hero by wise confidant (Dottie). End of film, hero finds redemption (obtains bike, has movie made about him), and gets the girl.

But only one of these movies also has a psychotic clown and giant fake T-Rex, thus being more faithful to comic Batman, and thus superior.

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone who's been trashing every aspect of this movie for the last 30 pages has gone on record as saying they still really liked the movie. :duh :lol

There might just be some exaggeration and hyperbole in this statement. :lol

Yeah. But my point is that peace cost him his strength because he gave up, with what his body took which is WHY he is out of shape. Training and Practice wouldnt fix those weak points and deficiencies.

So its the same thing =]

Hmmm if you're saying he gave up BECAUSE of his injuries (which he sustained in order to achieve the peace), then I don't agree.

I think he gave up because he had achieved peace - his objective. For example if the Harvey Dent Act hadn't happened, and if there will still mobsters all over Gotham, I don't think Bruce would have retired as Batman despite whatever injuries he may have had. He'd have gone to the doctor and to Fox earlier and sorted his body out.

There's a slight difference :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back