The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 696643
Instead of doing the same suit 100 times, i prefer companies doing this version which is iconic. It’s sad that no third party company also stepped to do this.

I totally understand your desire for variety in HT’s choices. But I’m not sure this look is technically iconic. I doubt many would even recognize this in a display. It’s a very brief moment in arguably one of the lesser films in the trilogy.

I totally understand your desire for variety in HT’s choices. But I’m not sure this look is technically iconic. I doubt many would even recognize this in a display. It’s a very brief moment in arguably one of the lesser films in the trilogy.
TDKR is definitely famous compared to Begins and the black tshirt version which we are getting is definitely less recognisable than the pit scene for sure😅

I echo this sentiment.

Bruce wearing something other than the batsuit or a business suit is distinct but nothing about that outfit is iconic- just like there’s nothing iconic about his hiking clothes in Begins, or his shorts and t-shirt look that Hot Toys are making.

That this outfit may or may not remind more people of the specific part of the movie in which it was worn compared to other clothing choices still doesn’t fit the definition of iconic.

That moment in the movie is also more narratively significant to the progression of the plot than iconic.

It just doesn’t apply here.

Iconic and famous don't mean the same
For me that scene and the ending scene where he sees alfred are iconic and many people might feel the same. Many people may not. I liked TDKR very much and instead of these reissues of the same suits over and over, it will be something different atleast

For me that scene and the ending scene where he sees alfred are iconic and many people might feel the same. Many people may not. I liked TDKR very much and instead of these reissues of the same suits over and over, it will be something different atleast
I think maybe its a misuse of the word iconic. Iconic would be something widely regarded as the high bar and symbolic of excellence and recognizability. Indy's jacket and whip, Luke's lighsaber, Superman's red cape, etc. Liking that scene in the TDKR and his robes and satchel in it, doesn't necessarily make them iconic. If you showed pretty much anyone walking down the street the TDK batsuit, they'd immediately know it was Batman, because that costume is indeed iconic. The cape, the ears, the silhouette, etc. But if you showed them the robes and satchel from that one scene in TDKR, the average person would have no idea what they were looking at. So while it may be favored by some fans of the film, it's still seems quite a stretch from being iconic. In fact, I can't really think of any look in any of the bat-films, that were more iconic than the batsuit itself. BUT I totally understand why uber fans like us may have specific scenes and alternate takes that we want on our shelves. I know HT did a nightmare Batman etc. I wonder what the sales look like on those though.

For me that scene and the ending scene where he sees alfred are iconic and many people might feel the same. Many people may not.
You personally finding a scene to be endearing, heart-warming enjoyable, exciting, significant, profound, meaningful, or any other positive is one thing, but ‘iconic’ is simply the wrong word for an individual’s opinion.

Your misuse of the term is likely a result of semantic dilution/diffusion wherein cultural over/misuse of the term has diminished its actual intended meaning.

Batman as a character is iconic. Ledger’s portrayal of Joker is iconic.
Bruce Sitting at a restaurant while Alfred looks on with a smile is not.
It’s just an ambiguous scene that serves as the finale of a movie you liked.

@rory Nice to meet another pedant.

Literally!
1712438858734.gif

Your misuse of the term is likely a result of semantic dilution/diffusion wherein cultural over/misuse of the term has diminished its actual intended meaning.
Oh man, for sure, yes. People throw the words “icon” and “iconic” around constantly now. Even more so in these superhero films. It’s become such a watered down descriptor, especially given how insanely fast culture moves on to the next “iconic” thing before we’ve even agreed upon the last one. Rant over, lol.

It goes the same way. Just because u guys don’t like the movie or the scene, it doesn’t become irrelevant. The Alfred scene and pit scene are iconic and is remembered by everyone.

“Iconic would be something widely regarded as the high bar and symbolic of excellence and recognizability“

Yes this sentence is exactly why those 2 scenes are iconic.

The costume might not be remembered. But when you ask general audience, they will remember those 2 scenes.

All this hate for the film is coming from so called elite people who went with over expectations. The general people loved this movie.

And I am not the only one. Check YouTube to see thousands and thousands of people’s opinions about this iconic scene to confirm the recognizability🙂.

And just like you guys don’t accept my opinion which is fine for me, try to understand I don’t accept your opinions which you guys should be fine with.

Last edited:
You’re the first person I’ve seen to ever bring up the pit scene in Rises.

Honestly I hate Rises; I think a lot of the acting is terrible, and it’s a slog to get through.

I like Begins and love The Dark Knight.

You’re the first person I’ve seen to ever bring up the pit scene in Rises.

Honestly I hate Rises; I think a lot of the acting is terrible, and it’s a slog to get through.

I like Begins and love The Dark Knight.
I maybe the first person in the thread but lmao that scene is so famous. Just check the Youtube videos and people's comments if u don't believe me. When it got re-released in theatres, everyone went mad for that scene.

You hate rises. I am fine. It is your opinion. I think the Batman 2022 is a decent movie. It has no rewatch value at all. When they compare with the Dark Knight Rises, I tend to laugh because it is not even remotely close. It is my opinion. There is no facts supporting to both of our opinions infact anyone's opinions.

So nobody is correct here including me. It's just fun to have interactions and listen to other's opinions. That's what I wanted to convey

I maybe the first person in the thread but lmao that scene is so famous. Just check the Youtube videos and people's comments if u don't believe me. When it got re-released in theatres, everyone went mad for that scene.

You hate rises. I am fine. It is your opinion. I think the Batman 2022 is a decent movie. It has no rewatch value at all. When they compare with the Dark Knight Rises, I tend to laugh because it is not even remotely close. It is my opinion. There is no facts supporting to both of our opinions infact anyone's opinions.

So nobody is correct here including me. It's just fun to have interactions and listen to other's opinions. That's what I wanted to convey
I love everything about the pit. It's one of the standout scenes (and more memorable ones) for me in the entire trilogy. But I don't think there's enough to regard it widely as iconic. As others mentioned, I don't think this term is defined by a single individual's opinion.

As for me personally, there's a lot I love about Rises, but the sum is still (relatively) weak. And it's easily the least rewatchable of the trilogy.

I think the Joker carries most of TDK, because plenty else pales in comparison, including the titular character himself.

I feel that Begins has cultivated I type of cult following over the years. It's very overlooked in the trilogy, but it has a very passionate and vocal fanbase.

Begins > TDK > Rises

I love everything about the pit. It's one of the standout scenes (and more memorable ones) for me in the entire trilogy. But I don't think there's enough to regard it widely as iconic. As others mentioned, I don't think this term is defined by a single individual's opinion.

As for me personally, there's a lot I love about Rises, but the sum is still (relatively) weak. And it's easily the least rewatchable of the trilogy.

I think the Joker carries most of TDK, because plenty else pales in comparison, including the titular character himself.

I feel that Begins has cultivated I type of cult following over the years. It's very overlooked in the trilogy, but it has a very passionate and vocal fanbase.

Begins > TDK > Rises
Respect your opinion mate. For me I can’t rank these movies actually. Everytime i rewatch, I appreciate more and more things. To me the trilogy itself is a single movie that has everything in it and is unbeatable by any superhero movies ever.

Back