The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that, if they were going to do an update, they would have done it by now because this is supposed to ship within the next 90 days. I don't think this one has all the loud dissatisfaction and bad press that the supergirl sculpt has, so I doubt they have any motivation to do anything with this. If they're going to go "all in" immediately to redo a sculpt, I'm of the opinion that it would be the supergirl sculpt.
According to Sideshow this isn’t scheduled to release until April to Sept 2024 at the earliest. Not sure where your 90 days estimate comes from, but that’s over a year away.

According to Sideshow this isn’t scheduled to release until April to Sept 2024 at the earliest. Not sure where your 90 days estimate comes from, but that’s over a year away.
Apologies - I misread 2024 for 2023. Damn these old eyes ;)

I will still be surprised if they touch it though, but that's just my opinion.

What do folks think of the Bale sculpt? I'm not sure what I feel about the expression they chose...

Eyes definitely look freakishly deep-set.

Though I don’t own it, I think I remember reading the eyes were also deep-set on the Enterbay sculpt as well - just thought of that tidbit since you mentioned that :lol

Warm lighting plus the “dew/water” effect is what I’m guessing

Looks like it - perhaps it’d be shown better in more whitish (or a light blue tinge) lighting.

I've preordered this but after look at some of the pics, im having second thoughts.. 😬
I hope improvements will still be made to the sculpt before release and better in person pics.

I still think the OT setup is better than HT’s new attempt. These pics make the new shoulder pads look too bulky and not rounded out enough, and that new neck/trap area is too elongated, almost like the first DX02. Who knows though, they’ve got time to improve it I suppose.

With the background removed...

457218-armory-secret-base-7.jpg

Compared to OT’s set up, which to my eyes is more well proportioned and sleek.

IMG_9246.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9562.png
    IMG_9562.png
    6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9566.png
    IMG_9566.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The Armory is now listed as "low stock remaining" / "almost gone" at Sideshow. Finally preordered it just now.

The Armory is now listed as "low stock remaining" / "almost gone" at Sideshow. Finally preordered it just now.
Thanks for the heads up! Pre-ordered as well.

I've been out of the Hot Toys game for a spell... Is this a common thing now? Figures selling out many months ahead of release? I seem to recall most figures being in stock up to and past release so securing a given figure wasn't really an issue. Seems quite a few are going up in very limited quantities and "selling out" far before the release date.

Thanks for the heads up! Pre-ordered as well.

I've been out of the Hot Toys game for a spell... Is this a common thing now? Figures selling out many months ahead of release?
Yes, being waitlisted many months before release has unfortunately been a real chance for any new HT announcement since about a year ago.

Fear of Missing out sales tactic employed for a slow seller.

Worked like a charm on the people in this thread. :lol

Currently on Sideshow’s site are the Batmobile, Batpod, DX19 Batman (TDKR suit), MMS 595 Batman (Begins suit), 1/4 TDKR Batman (regular edition) and 1/4 TDKR Batman (special edition). None of them are moving or selling out, not even with Sideshow’s measly “discounts”. I find it very hard to believe that an invisible wardrobe and a wax museum Patrick Bateman at cross fit would suddenly do gangbusters.

Fear of Missing out sales tactic employed for a slow seller.

Worked like a charm on the people in this thread. :lol

Currently on Sideshow’s site are the Batmobile, Batpod, DX19 Batman (TDKR suit), MMS 595 Batman (Begins suit), 1/4 TDKR Batman (regular edition) and 1/4 TDKR Batman (special edition). None of them are moving or selling out, not even with Sideshow’s measly “discounts”. I find it very hard to believe that an invisible wardrobe and a wax museum Patrick Bateman at cross fit would suddenly do gangbusters.
Over the last 12+ months, I've seen too many figures being waitlisted pretty early after being announced and then never being listed as "ready to ship" for additional orders even after release to not take this serious anymore.

The overstocked items you've listed are the exact reason why probably relatively few units of the Armory will be produced.

Also, I've decided to get the Armory pretty much instantly after the announcement. I just didn't bother to preorder it until now.

Over the last 12+ months, I've seen too many figures being waitlisted pretty early after being announced and then never being listed as "ready to ship" for additional orders even after release to not take this serious anymore.

The overstocked items you've listed are the exact reason why probably relatively few units of the Armory will be produced.

Also, I've decided to get the Armory pretty much instantly after the announcement. I just didn't bother to preorder it until now.
Yup this is very true. Not so much a fomo tactic anymore. I’ve missed out on a good handful of Star Wars figures b/c I didn’t pay any mind to the low stock warning. Now I’m on the Waitlist for 3 figures that have already been released that I’m pretty sure won’t convert at this point. Sure, it won’t happen to every release but it’s becoming more and more common that figures are beginning to waitlist and subsequently sell out before or right at release.

I don’t buy it it, not for the DC product anyway.

If something is close to selling out, why notify people/potential customers that it’s close to selling out instead of just letting it happen naturally? If there’s a set number and allotment now for preorders, then why do they need to implement an image like “ALMOST GONE” on an item?

It’s to make more people pull the trigger.

I remember watching a sideshow stream late last year where the vp of marketing says hot toys is changing their tactics for 2023, where you better pre-order because it seems they are producing a lot less figures
Sideshow doesn't want to be holding stock like endgame figures from 2021 are still available, hot toys and sideshow trying to avoid over production

I remember watching a sideshow stream late last year where the vp of marketing says hot toys is changing their tactics for 2023, where you better pre-order because it seems they are producing a lot less figures
Sideshow doesn't want to be holding stock like endgame figures from 2021 are still available, hot toys and sideshow trying to avoid over production
It only adds up. No way they want to keep producing peg warmers that they have to try to offload with a 50% discount. With the state of the economy it's likely many are starting to forego some luxury purchases or at least be far more selective. Market was becoming oversaturated as well (sometimes just by HT themselves).

Back