The Dark Knight Manual - Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I have a question about this book. Were the spines in your books glued to the covers, or were they loose? I ordered one from Amazon and received it yesterday, but the spine was loose. It's as if someone at the factory forgot to glue it together :monkey1.

In any case, I contacted Amazon about the issue. They didn't give me an explanation, but they offered a $15 refund or a full return. I opted for the $15 refund, which was pretty good. Also, the customer service rep that I spoke to, informed me that Amazon is no longer carrying the book because of complaints, factory defects, or some other issues.

Amazon still has it :dunno. I need to get this one, the making of and the Batmobile one.

The dark knight manual has more specs on everything in the movies. It has blueprints Removable photos a lot of hidden secret stuff in the book.

The Art & making of is more in depth details about the movie stories back stories everything like that

For those who own both, which book is preferred, this or the making of?

Depends what you're after.

The Art and Making of has a comprehensive and detailed account of every stage of the production process for each of the films.
The Dark Knight Manual is more about the Nolan universe - through the eyes of Bruce Wayne, lots of data, dates, files, blueprints, that kind of thing.

Two very very different but equally awesome publications IMO

I am not so interested about how it is filmed; I think I prefer the "universe" aspect of the manual. I just don't want it to be all stickers, blue prints and nothing to read.

The dark knight manual has more specs on everything in the movies. It has blueprints Removable photos a lot of hidden secret stuff in the book.

The Art & making of is more in depth details about the movie stories back stories everything like that

Depends what you're after.

The Art and Making of has a comprehensive and detailed account of every stage of the production process for each of the films.
The Dark Knight Manual is more about the Nolan universe - through the eyes of Bruce Wayne, lots of data, dates, files, blueprints, that kind of thing.

Two very very different but equally awesome publications IMO

I am not so interested about how it is filmed; I think I prefer the "universe" aspect of the manual. I just don't want it to be all stickers, blue prints and nothing to read.

just get both man. It seems like they offer different details to the table. $46 for both is a damn good price.

Amazon still has it :dunno. I need to get this one, the making of and the Batmobile one.

Yup, they got it back in stock the day after customer service told me that they were out. :monkey4

If any of you need to make a hard decision between the "Art and Making of book" and the "Dark Knight Manual", I'd say pick up the Manual instead. It's filled to the brim with goodies, case files, small items (eg. actual joker cards!), blue prints, and even a CD with schematics at the back :horror. It's like an exact replica of Bruce Wayne's scrap book. The art book is also nice, but the manual is just so unique in its implementation.

If your a Dark Knight(Batman) fan. The Dark Knight Manual... Is highly recommended . Also check out The Batmobile The Complete History by Mark Cota Vaz. Both are great resources for Batman's world.

Yup, they got it back in stock the day after customer service told me that they were out. :monkey4

If any of you need to make a hard decision between the "Art and Making of book" and the "Dark Knight Manual", I'd say pick up the Manual instead. It's filled to the brim with goodies, case files, small items (eg. actual joker cards!), blue prints, and even a CD with schematics at the back :horror. It's like an exact replica of Bruce Wayne's scrap book. The art book is also nice, but the manual is just so unique in its implementation.

what type of schematics are on the cd ? I don't think the UK version has the cd ?

went to Barnes N Noble.damn their prices are steep. Ended up ordering the Manual and the Batmobile and the Prometheus art book for about 65 shipped from Amazon.not to shabby

oh, wow, nice, real Joker cards. I need to order all 3, like today! :slap

went to Barnes N Noble.damn their prices are steep. Ended up ordering the Manual and the Batmobile and the Prometheus art book for about 65 shipped from Amazon.not to shabby

yea man, I can't believe ppl still buy books at those places anymore. Even when everything was on clearance at a B&N near me, Amazon prices were still better, by a lot. I walked out with nothing :lol

Why would Bruce Wayne keep a scrapbook of incriminating evidence?

Back