The Dark Knight DVD pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it just means that they're using the IMAX framing that's closer to 1.78:1 as opposed to the 2.40:1 that was used for traditional theatrical showings.

IMAX scenes will fill the entire screen on an HD TV. The other scenes will not and have the standard aspect ratio. I believe that's exclusive to the Bluray. Chris Nolan took personal interest in the Bluray version as that's the version being shipped to academy voters.

Picture is still the size of your TV. So...its useless. And I would be saying this if this was a DVD exclusive.

I kind of wish the option would be available to not have the aspect ratio switched. I personally think it may get annoying to have it go back and forth. It would be cooler if it were an option. Oh well I guess.

I don't care,personally,Imax or just regular format or whatever. As long as I can watch it when I want to,that's all that matters to me.:D

Just got the message my Dark Knight blu-ray is on it's way!!!! Should have it early next week!!!! :chew:chew:chew

And no, I'm not joking - IT'S A COMING HOME!!!! :banana:banana:banana

Wha wha wha whaaaaaaaaa? Care to explain how you're getting it two weeks before the rest of us? :tap :monkey2

Elementary my dear Watson...

https://www.movietyme.com/catalog/default.php

Shipped yesterday!!!! These guys ALWAYS send them out at least 2 weeks before release.

I was going to order, but it's odd that a company based in the US charges in Pounds instead of the Dollar. They don't have any US shipping options, and they don't have a place for a state when filling out your address info. Do you live overseas, if so, are they shipping now so that it'll get to you on time or do you live in the US? If you do live in the US, how the hell do your order from them? Sorry for all the questions but I can't get an email back from the company itself.

Im in the UK. Perhaps they don't sell to US customers, allowing them to break the street date? Nothing to do with delivery times - I've had numerous BR's from them recently (Iron Man, Indy 4, Hellboy 2) all sent at least 2 weesk before release, all arriving in about 4 days. Iron Man arrived 3 weeks before the US release date.

WM exclusive Dent coin -

TDKdvdWalmartCoin.jpg

Looks like I gotta buy an inferior DVD to get the coin, but so be it! I imagine I'll have about 4 or so TDK exclusives from various stores by the time this is all said and done.

WM exclusive Dent coin -

TDKdvdWalmartCoin.jpg

Looks like I gotta buy an inferior DVD to get the coin, but so be it! I imagine I'll have about 4 or so TDK exclusives from various stores by the time this is all said and done.

Sometimes people get things like this then sell the exclusive pieces on eBay. I've picked up some things that way without having all these DVDs of the same movie. Right now I'm still getting the Batpod BR set and that's it, unless someone else throws something else with it.

WM exclusive Dent coin -

TDKdvdWalmartCoin.jpg

I think i'll get this one. The 2 Disc sucks. Theres bearly any Behind the Scenes stuff, just 2 docs about Batman, and a few pointless BTS stuff....lame.

The coin however, is awesome. I'd rather have that.

doo-dads like coins dont interest me. i'm getting the HT batpod so i dont want the batpod dvd version. i'm going for steelbooks. ive got several already. i like em.

doo-dads like coins dont interest me. i'm getting the HT batpod so i dont want the batpod dvd version. i'm going for steelbooks. ive got several already. i like em.

They had one for Clone Wars at Best Buy if you're interested.

Back