The Dark Knight DVD pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand pre-ordering online, since many times the companies will ship early so you have a good shot of getting the movie before release date, but pre-ordering in store seems silly unless it's something rare. Dark Knight...there will be millions of copies all over the world.

I don't know what copy I'm getting. All I know is that there is a 2 disc addition from fye that I pre-ordered. I think fye has the metal tin cover as their exclusive.

Pre-ordering in store is a bit silly,but I want to avoid rushes and so by pre-ordering I can avoid rushes and just be at the head of the line.

Why do people pre-order DVD's?
It's no like their going to sell-out, is it?...

This question comes up a lot and here are my answers:

1) In the case of Indies (like Troma), preordering is a way for retailers to gauge interest in a product. If a lot of people preorder a product, chances are, that retailer will stock more of said product. (I realize that's not the case with DK, but it's still a valid reason)

2) Freebies. Many retailers give you a bonus toy, code, download, whatever, for preordering.

3) Piece of mind knowing you don't have to stop at the store and get it. I know this isn't a big deal for some people, but for many, a stop at the store can really feel like a chore.

4) If you preorder from Amazon, you are guaranteed the lowest price. DK Blu-Ray showed up in my personal gold box on day at the fantastic price of $22.99. I preordered and also have a guarantee that if it goes lower, they will adjust the price. I also get free 2 Day shipping with Amazon Prime.

Those are all just my personal reasons, I'm sure other people have other reasons.

Last edited:
I see it for Blu-ray... is there a DVD batpod version?

They have it at Best Buy and Amazon as well. It must only be available in Blu-Ray because all three places only have it that way.

I guess this will be my first Blu-Ray disc because I have to have this set. :lol

I was holding out buying a Blu-Ray player until the LotR comes out in Blu-Ray.

It's up for pre order at Amazon now for the batpod. Has anyone seen the FYE versions? I heard they have 3 different covers.

Amazon still only has the Blu-ray batpod... I hope they get the DVD version since I have a $25 gift certificate I want to use on it.

Are you Madden821 (or whatever)?

Formerly known as "You are a tooooooooy!"

?

Yep, that WAS me. Figured it was time for a change. :)

I always thought it was better to stay the same, so, everyone knows its you. That's kinda why I am still Jack Bauer after all these years....

I wouldn't know it was you, if not for your MythBusters sig.

You know I loved your old avatar and title.

I kept Madden since it was mainly the 821 part I was sick of. I still have the old avatar though so maybe I'll bring them back someday.

when you preorder from amazon or any other site, do you get the dvd the same day the movie is released or wait a couple of days for it to arrive?

Back