1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Only if you plan to put the Tumbler on its side. ;) The Tumbler is about 18" wide at the rear and the Billy less than 11" deep if I recall.

Thanks pixelpiper for the response. I appreciated.

Thanks for all the advice given. Tumbler it is! Very valid points in wow factor, value and price. I guess I'll just have to wait for a decent suit or a mass production suit designed by Kato for a more affordable cost.

Like everybody's suggested, I'd say TUMBLER as well. We're not sure if there'd be another relaunch, and it's getting scarcer by the minute, thus getting more expensive in the secondary market as we speak.

As long as Kato's alive, you're sure to get something tailored by him. Also, now that he's getting hired to provide the measurements and tailoring designs for some figures that are becoming mass-reproduced quite decently like in DX11 and as seen on the protos of Sideshow Joker, you might hold your horses for soon we might need not shell out huge sum of cash for a Kato suit, IMO. Another thing, 3rd party-made suits are becoming better in terms of quality and fit, for about 10% or less of the Kato price. My kitbash Wayne using a Mens Hommes Toy City suit on TTM 21 body gets enough attention from visitors. I think no one, unless a hardcore 1/6 afficionado, would say "oooooh KATO SUIT!" but everyone gasps each time they see the tumbler. Even those who have a tumbler smiles when they see another tumbler on display.

Hate to burst your bubble... but I have Toys City suits and I have Kato suits.... KATO suits look 1:1 in 1:6. Ive NEVER seen a commercially available 1:6 suit (even one designed by Kato himself) look remotely 1:1. Not even top customizers like Iminime match up. Kato original pieces are expensive but ESSENTIAL if what you want is accuracy and illusion of 1:1

it comes down to wow factor and bang for your buck. Do you want something to wow your guests? Most of them probably won't notice the quality and tailoring on the Kato suit at first glance like they would a Tumbler...price would be a factor to me, i've seen his work and indeed it is amazing but i cannot justify spending that amount on a suit even if i had the money. Maybe if it was 1/4 scale and at the 1/6 price but even that would be a maybe. I would go with the tumbler! It's huge and awesome, you won't regret it!

Hmmm I buy these to wow myself ;)
But I agree that both being the best of what they represent the tumbler is selling out and going up in price but Kato is going to make more as long as he gets enough interest conjured up. I have one and promised myself to only one but man I would get more if HT ever were to smarten up and buy more of his cuts and sell them.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Kato's suits are priced like a piece of art because that's what they are. Bespoke miniature tailoring - an art form without question.

If you want a piece of very limited production art and will value it yourself, go for the suit. However, this is a very niche slice of the collectible market that you shouldn't expect that suit to really appreciate in value over time. You should also not expect that someone who isn't intimately familiar with the custom collectible hobby to be wowed any more by such a suit as a mass-produced iteration. If you're OK with that, go for it.

The Tumbler, while mass-produced, has a much bigger potential audience and fan base. There is no one who will look at it without pause. Apart from building a replica yourself or commissioning someone else to do the same, there is no substitute at this scale. The resale market for it is active and have always been priced higher than suggested retail. That probably won't increase dramatically in the short term, especially since the camp version release, but you can expect prices to rise going forward once supply gets tighter.

While I appreciate art and have a number of non-toy-related pieces in my home that cost me more than $500, that's not an amount I will ever be spending on a miniature tailored suit. It's just doesn't press the right buttons with me.

You don't make it easy for him. :lol

Didn't he already decide?

Thanks for all the advice given. Tumbler it is! Very valid points in wow factor, value and price. I guess I'll just have to wait for a decent suit or a mass production suit designed by Kato for a more affordable cost.

But it's an interesting debate.

I own two black tumblers and two on the way (black and camo), and zero kato suits...youre making the right descion

I own two black tumblers and two on the way (black and camo), and zero kato suits...youre making the right descion

It's hard enough for me to find room for the one I have, how do you have room for all yours? :thud:

Stack'em. Room is easy to find if you just keep them in a box somewhere. What I want to know is what is someone doing with 4 of them? How are they being displayed (if so)?

I have the original release in the box , one on display ..the other black one was a flex pay thats for my office and the camo was a gift im waiting to recieve from alter ego..i just buy them first, then worry about it later..im still figuring out what to do with the 89 batmobile when it arrices..

Im just waiting for Catwoman to start building my dream display....

Last edited:

Thought I'd share this here, too:

(...)

tbp03.jpg

tbp01b.jpg

tbp02b.jpg

Thought I'd share this here, too:

I posted a blueprint some weeks back for download - link in my sig - based on the design by someone else. Did you produce this blueprint from scratch or was it a pack-in with one of the Batman figures (like DX12 had The Bat)? Is it available for download?

Last edited:

dam that pretty cool

Thanks buddy!

I posted a blueprint some weeks back for download - link in my sig - based on the design by someone else. Did you produce this blueprint from scratch or was it a pack-in with one of the Batman figures (like DX12 had The Bat)? Is it available for download?

Made this blueprint from scratch given the wireframes and the descriptions/ dimensionings design from the The Bat blueprint.
The values for the Dimensioning are from the Dark Knight Manual.
It's not availabe for download, sorry but I'll might make a few of these if there's interest.

tbp01b.jpg

tbp02b.jpg

Last edited:

That's Sweet!!!!! Definitely interested...

Thanks buddy! I'll see if there is some more interest and if so I'll open a list. Otherwise please drop me a pm. :hi5:

Last edited:

Can some one help me out?
I'm a little confused.
How many Tumblers are there and what MMS series are they?
Was there an original one released for Batman Begins or The Dark Knight?
Was it then re-issued for TDKR?
I know there's a camo one too.
I looked on a list for them and the only 2 I saw were

MMS 69 THE DARK KNIGHT - Batmobile (Tumbler)-Is this the re-issue?

MMS 184 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - Tumbler - Is this the Camo version?

Can some one help me out?
I'm a little confused.
How many Tumblers are there and what MMS series are they?
Was there an original one released for Batman Begins or The Dark Knight?
Was it then re-issued for TDKR?
I know there's a camo one too.
I looked on a list for them and the only 2 I saw were

MMS 69 THE DARK KNIGHT - Batmobile (Tumbler)-Is this the re-issue?

MMS 184 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES - Tumbler - Is this the Camo version?

mms184 is the camo version. mms69 is TDK version (reissue). not sure what the original designation number is for the batman begins version. you won't need it though. last time i saw one on ebay it was 3 grand.

Back