1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Has anyone here tried to clean the windows on this thing? Mine are getting a little dusty, so I gently attempted to wipe a corner of one of the windshields with a microfiber cloth, and it left a bunch of tiny scratches.
This type of thin, translucent, colored plastic is very susceptible to hairline scratching, and I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for a safer way to dust the windshield. Compressed air doesn't get all of the dust off due to the slightly sticky residue left over from the protective plastic sheets, and using a wet cloth can still scratch and leave streak marks. Not really sure what to try.

Swifter duster or compressed air but the latter may blow the windows out of the frames ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Mines in a case, but compressed air, like the cans to clean keyboards, is ideal.

I use a wet cotton towel Its in a case but its a dust magnet

Does anyone know if there has been any recent WL conversions from SS?

I went on the waitlist for this on 4/18/13 about two days after I went on the waitlist for the Batpod. The Batpod just converted so I am hoping the Tumbler does not convert anytime soon as my wallet needs a break.

I'll have mine on Wednesday - looking forward to putting into my Batman display "cave"

And here it is. I still have work to do, not the least of which is putting the fins on the Tumbler. But then to make it pop I'll be hard-wiring its lights and I have yet to add some LED spots to the cave.

And here it is. I still have work to do, not the least of which is putting the fins on the Tumbler. But then to make it pop I'll be hard-wiring its lights and I have yet to add some LED spots to the cave.

That looks awesome man! Cool!

I'll put up some proper photos once I've gotten to some of the work I've mentioned. Honestly, I didn't even think I'd get this badboy out of the box until sometime next week, so I'm already ahead of the game here. ;)

Last edited:
Sweetest! I think its time for you to jump into the deep end and move your office thread to the show your shelf sub forum. That sub sub forum don't really get all that much attention ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Mines coming Monday, I'm so excited :) then going to order a custom case for that and one for the batpod too!!!

Sweetest! I think its time for you to jump into the deep end and move your office thread to the show your shelf sub forum. That sub sub forum don't really get all that much attention ;)

Once the shelves are all stocked I'll make a show thread - I like the current thread to post progress pics of not only the shelving but custom cabinet work, parts, lighting and some how-to content. It's kind of my catch-all thread right now. ;)

Mine is coming Monday :yess: Can't wait to get it on my shelf.

Has anyone hard wired the lights on these ?

I'll be hard-wiring the lights this week - the same process as I used on the weather vane of DX07, just posted to my office thread. New pictures will be up showing in detail the part, wiring and battery box of the Tumbler.

I'll be hard-wiring the lights this week - the same process as I used on the weather vane of DX07, just posted to my office thread. New pictures will be up showing in detail the part, wiring and battery box of the Tumbler.

Thanks looking forward to seeing this :)

Battery eliminator guide is done, plus I've also posted some images of lighting I added to the interior.

Has anyone photographed a tear-down / take-apart yet? I need to do some repair work to the rear intakes on either side as I accidentally pushed them inward when gripping the car. They're clipped and not glued, so the've moved and I can't easily pull them back out without marring the plastic. My plan is to open it up enough where I can push the panels back out from the inside - I'd love to avoid disassembling unnecessary parts. ;)

hey guys i know this might be a lil old...but i've actually got my tumbler a couple months back...

problem now is that it's starting to show signs of some oily residue on the rear tires which i've read that some fellow collectors have encountered as well? and it left marks on the table too (forget the table - the tumbler's more important)

has anyone truly found a good solution for that? tried wiping with a damp microfiber cloth but it's not really working...there's still some sticky-ness left over...

Back