1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I don't know how to link to the specific post. Can you tell me how?

If you look at the green bar on top of every post you'll see the date to the left and a post number to the far right. That post number is a link to the post, so right-click it and copy the link, then paste it in your new post in this thread.

For instance, this is a link to this post: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5403961&postcount=4218

If you look at the green bar on top of every post you'll see the date to the left and a post number to the far right. That post number is a link to the post, so right-click it and copy the link, then paste it in your new post in this thread.

For instance, this is a link to this post: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5403961&postcount=4218

Thanks buddy!
So here it is: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2073266&postcount=4562

Hopefully I can use those images for reference when my Tumbler arrives. Thanks again.

Unfortunately this board system defaults to using page numbers for reference in URLs and that's just not useful, since it also supports a post # preference per page. I keep mine set to either 30 or 40 posts per page (default is 10), because you know, I'm not reading the forum on a 2" screen. ;) And I hate pressing the next page button since it's such a small target anyway.

Just found this:

Bat-Mobile-DSC00482.jpg

Image source: https://andysmithfx.com/project-gallery/bat-mobile/

What a dream!!

Sweet mother! What I would give for one of those beasts

I got one of these if anyone is interested PM me. Never displayed just opened.

Hi guys !

My review of the car..but wait up..all in French but it is still interesting to watch as I show everything on it.

So if you just want to have a closer look before you buy it go for it !

Thank you ! :p

720p available

[ame]https://youtu.be/ithQVB-EYYs[/ame]

I would really love to have this beast, but money is kind of tight. Plus I have PO'd the 89 Batmobile, so space would be an issue.

Hi guys !

My review of the car..but wait up..all in French but it is still interesting to watch as I show everything on it.

So if you just want to have a closer look before you buy it go for it !

Thank you ! :p

720p available

https://youtu.be/ithQVB-EYYs

pretty good video, great quality image

Would someone be so kind as to post, or link to, a photograph showing where the AA batteries are stored in the Tumbler to power the lights? Or if there's an illustration in the instructions/manual a photo of that would be great.

I plan to hard-wire my tumbler so the lights will come on with the rest of the illumination for the display, but I won't have the Tumbler for a few weeks still (waiting on some other items as pre-order). I'd like to finish up the wiring in the display area and need to figure out where to leave the loose end.

Would someone be so kind as to post, or link to, a photograph showing where the AA batteries are stored in the Tumbler to power the lights? Or if there's an illustration in the instructions/manual a photo of that would be great.

I plan to hard-wire my tumbler so the lights will come on with the rest of the illumination for the display, but I won't have the Tumbler for a few weeks still (waiting on some other items as pre-order). I'd like to finish up the wiring in the display area and need to figure out where to leave the loose end.

I want to do the same. Can you share some of your findings with me when you get the info?

If you already have the Tumbler, then get me the photos and I'll post a complete instruction of how to eliminate the batteries. :)

If you already have the Tumbler, then get me the photos and I'll post a complete instruction of how to eliminate the batteries. :)

I do have it. Its boxed up. But I can pull it out of the box and check when I get home tpnight

You just want a picture of where the battery compartment is?

Fellow forum member Ironed actually already modded his. He promised to post a thread detailing how he did it.. but he never did.

Here are some of his images...
61a3849cd960c188ce85a46b5c9a0c0b.jpg

2d09000b232d83c2ab3229249ab2d411.jpg

f873fb02920c5e84975784a435b5fee1.jpg

2ae885d507db2ee176a43a741fe86555.jpg

e5e39209e1e3b9c23c7eae4f3492f003.jpg

You just want a picture of where the battery compartment is?

Yes. Where in those photos is the actual compartment? However if it's anywhere along the back half I think it might be all the info I need to pre-wire my display.

After posting the above I saw the next images, which while detailed are very close-up and I can't tell where on the vehicle the battery compartment actually is. :)

I'm not sure if Ironed actually installed all those wires into the Tumbler or if those are the stock modules. My hard-wired change will consist of a pair of wires attached to power on one end and to two plastic or wooden dowels on the other. The dowels will be about 1/2" diameter, something I already have and close enough to the diameter of a AA battery, cut just as long as a AA excluding the positive battery tip.

The wires will be attached to the dowels' ends with small pan-head screws which will each be responsible for contacting the terminals in the battery compartment, one for positive and one for negative. The power end of the wire connects to a supply (adapter/transformer/converter) of the appropriate voltage 3.6 to 4.5v DC with only a couple of hundred milliamps needed (likely). In my specific case they will be attached to a DC-DC step-down converter because my power source to the display cabinet is already 12v.

Look here as someone has had the same idea using wooden dowels as battery eliminators: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Battery-Eliminators

You could just stuff/twist the wires similar to the photo above, but that can easily come loose when moving the whole thing around.

Last edited:

Mine, just arrived, awesome!!!!

20130316_214523_zps3bc3a948.jpg

20130316_220008_zpsbdaf5ebc.jpg

Yes. Where in those photos is the actual compartment? However if it's anywhere along the back half I think it might be all the info I need to pre-wire my display.

After posting the above I saw the next images, which while detailed are very close-up and I can't tell where on the vehicle the battery compartment actually is. :)

I'm not sure if Ironed actually installed all those wires into the Tumbler or if those are the stock modules. My hard-wired change will consist of a pair of wires attached to power on one end and to two plastic or wooden dowels on the other. The dowels will be about 1/2" diameter, something I already have and close enough to the diameter of a AA battery, cut just as long as a AA excluding the positive battery tip.

The wires will be attached to the dowels' ends with small pan-head screws which will each be responsible for contacting the terminals in the battery compartment, one for positive and one for negative. The power end of the wire connects to a supply of the appropriate voltage 3.6 to 4.5v DC with only a couple of hundred milliamps needed (likely). In my specific case they will be attached to a DC-DC step-down converter because my power source to the display cabinet is already 12v.

Look here as someone has had the same idea using wooden dowels as battery eliminators: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Battery-Eliminators

AH yes. Brilliant. So a 3.6 to 4.5 DC adapter is what we need?

What do you guys think is a fair price for an original first trelease tumbler..never used or displayed still sealed?

What do you guys think is a fair price for an original first trelease tumbler..never used or displayed still sealed?

Well since there is no significant difference between the original first release Tumbler and the re-release, (except slightly better packaging on the re-release to prevent rub marks on the roof) I don't expect it to go for any more than the Tumbler is going for on ebay now. ~$650 - $750 USD BIN seems to be the most common price, but there is one BIN for just $450 which is pretty much retail.

Are you looking to unload a sealed tumbler for the max profit? Your best bet is to wait it out a while, as the prices for the first release skyrocketed on the secondary market once it had been sold out everywhere for several months. Then of course they dropped again to reasonable levels when HT announced the re-release. If you just want to sell it now, you can probably sell it for about +$250 markup over retail.

Back