1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Great! But I would think Tony will re-engineer the whole damn tumbler and top off with red/gold color. Congrats for the new addition!

Got two more payments left on this. Can't believe the camo has been moved up. Was considering ordering the camo version as I'd have almost a year to pay it off. Doubt I'll be getting that now.

@sixthscaleedward

I can't tell if it is because you haven't closed the roof properly or not but the gap at the front is huge, mine sits almost flush.

I know, suck that they've moved everything up so much. Got dx12 and the batpod both coming soonish. Tumbler on flex and was hoping to order the camo once that was all done. Not so sure now though.

I know, suck that they've moved everything up so much. Got dx12 and the batpod both coming soonish. Tumbler on flex and was hoping to order the camo once that was all done. Not so sure now though.

You not alone. The Gantry was the last one. $166.66 x3. Loki, mark 7, and now this. I just glad the old flex pay is still the same.

Yeah totally. It's a life saver that you can pay things off in multiple payments but even with that, having so much coming at once is a bit of a killer. Especially as I have some massive house repairs needed desperately. Then after that lot I still have joker 2.0 and next year bane and catwoman. Yikes.

@sixthscaleedward

I can't tell if it is because you haven't closed the roof properly or not but the gap at the front is huge, mine sits almost flush.

I actually need help with closing it properly :lol

The instruction manual offers two methods in closing it.
I just chose the one that places the entire windshield panel
on top of the hood part.

Can you take pics of how you did yours? :D

Are the smudeges from fingerprints? Or from a problem with the paint?
If you have a warm damp cloth, rub the part with the smudge and see if it changes it. If it does, you only need to clean it.
Thanks I'll try try the warm cloth today but that's the way it came from sideshow so hopefully it's just prints either way I think I can fix it
Ya huh, wondering if they are keeping some of the unpainted black one. I was /hoping to get the black one this month.
Yeah I wasn't going to order till next year thinking I had time but when I saw march on the SS site I immediately placed a order So I'd be in the first batch shipping and ordered another tumbler case from my case
maker

Last edited:

Thanks I'll try try the warm cloth today but that's the way it came from sideshow so hopefully it's just prints either way I think I can fix it

If the plastic is unpainted, you could also try brake cleaner. I use it to clean off stains, grease and adhesive residue.
It should be available from an automotive store.
And just to re-iterate, it's brake *cleaner*, not brake *fluid*...
:)

I was going to order the camo, but I have no rush since hot toys will just keep making more and more of these things :yess: this is good cause I am strapped for cash at the moment with all the neca and hot toys coming out.

If the plastic is unpainted, you could also try brake cleaner. I use it to clean off stains, grease and adhesive residue.
It should be available from an automotive store.
And just to re-iterate, it's brake *cleaner*, not brake *fluid*...
:)

whoa...brake cleaner will be too harsh for it and the tumbler is painted..know that for a fact...need to wet sand it and reshoot with flat black is the ideal way to do it..:wink1:

Rob

I find myself coming back to his thread to admire pictures of the tumbler which I already own. but I can't see it inside the box and have nowhere to display it thanks to my dumb mom who thought it was a good idea to have someone we hardly know living with us and using up another room which I really need. f#$@#$

whoa...brake cleaner will be too harsh for it and the tumbler is painted..know that for a fact...need to wet sand it and reshoot with flat black is the ideal way to do it..:wink1:

Rob

I wasn't sure. I use brake cleaner on painted surfaces all the time.
But i haven't tried it on HT paintwork.
Yeah. Painting will be best if it's a badly painted surface.

I am pretty sure the panels on the original Tumbler at least were not painted. Remember the scuff marks on the roof. It was not paint that came off but the texture was "polished" away by the foam it was exposed to and resulted in a more glossy smooth finish. Also I remember seeing the not so perfect cutoffs and seams from the mould and didn't look painted over

Yeah I wasn't going to order till next year thinking I had time but when I saw march on the SS site I immediately placed a order So I'd be in the first batch shipping and ordered another tumbler case from my case
maker

This is why I order most of the time on day one. The payment, sometimes are 7x, then 5x, 4x,3x, 2 and full.

I find myself coming back to his thread to admire pictures of the tumbler which I already own. but I can't see it inside the box and have nowhere to display it thanks to my dumb mom who thought it was a good idea to have someone we hardly know living with us and using up another room which I really need. f#$@#$

Time to move out, man. :)

Back