1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Thinking about it more, by owning the Tumbler,
I technically own the Bat-Pod as well, only that it's hidden in the hood :lol

Might divert Pod funds to a Tumbler case :D

Speaking of cases, is glass a good cover for the Tumbler?
Or is acrylic the best material to use?

Last edited:

Thinking about it more, by owning the Tumbler,
I technically own the Bat-Pod as well, only that it's hidden in the hood :lol

Might divert Pod funds to a Tumbler case :D

Speaking of cases, is glass a good cover for the Tumbler?
Or is acrylic the best material to use?

Most people use acrylic because its lighter, cheaper, and depending on thickness more durable. But everyone is different. Some people prefer glass instead. It looks nice whichever way you go though.

Most people use acrylic because its lighter, cheaper, and depending on thickness more durable. But everyone is different. Some people prefer glass instead. It looks nice whichever way you go though.

I would agree on acrylic being lighter, but not on the "cheaper" part, at least where I (and SixScaleEdward) am from. I did some quoting with a few shops and a 33x22x14 4mm acrylic case is already 3x the price of a glass case of the same dimensions :dunno

received my tumbler today , after opening it I was first blown away by the piece until i noticed the broken parts,,,, sigh, my luck this year has not been that good, with shipment after shipments getting damaged

received my tumbler today , after opening it I was first blown away by the piece until i noticed the broken parts,,,, sigh, my luck this year has not been that good, with shipment after shipments getting damaged

Oh man. Mine arrives tomorrow and this makes me nervous. Where did you order from? I had my first dinged up box delivered from SS Friday. My DX12 has a couple dents/small tears in the packaging. Not surprising based on how I saw the woman at UPS treating packages at the facility. :slap

I live 20 min from their shipping warehouse, hopefully that means it'll be less likely to be damaged

I would agree on acrylic being lighter, but not on the "cheaper" part, at least where I (and SixScaleEdward) am from. I did some quoting with a few shops and a 33x22x14 4mm acrylic case is already 3x the price of a glass case of the same dimensions :dunno

I'm sure it probably does depend where you live and if you're paying someone to put it together for you and what not. I paid only about $60 in materials to make my case through Lowes. Glass would have cost be about 2-3 times as much just because it's glass and paying the guy to put the case together for me.

Oh man. Mine arrives tomorrow and this makes me nervous. Where did you order from? I had my first dinged up box delivered from SS Friday. My DX12 has a couple dents/small tears in the packaging. Not surprising based on how I saw the woman at UPS treating packages at the facility. :slap

i ordered from Secret Compass, 625$ in total shipping and customs,, sometime i wonder if it is all worth the headache,mind u , i had declared it low value to escape 40% duty, the only good thing is didnt waste another 240$ in customs by declaring it full:(

Im paying $520 .all you paying over $600, I will never complain about overpaying!

ooooohhhhh just got an email from sideshow.. my order is processing now... they told me that they will have it back in stock soon...

cant wait.. and kinda curious about 'the Bat'... how big is it gonna be...

ooooohhhhh just got an email from sideshow.. my order is processing now... they told me that they will have it back in stock soon...

cant wait.. and kinda curious about 'the Bat'... how big is it gonna be...

It will be as big as a 50 inch tv. JK, they cancelled it....so far

I called to pay it off early today and it was backordered again.

Yeah! I was surprised when they were asking me $60 for a 1/4 thick glass cover. 35" x 24" x 15"

Still waiting for a quote from the acrylic case maker though. :D

So whats the difference? My tumbler will be here soon and I can't really afford a $300 case and I don't really want it anyway. Does a glass case change anything?

So whats the difference? My tumbler will be here soon and I can't really afford a $300 case and I don't really want it anyway. Does a glass case change anything?

Glass would be easier to clean then acrylic. The only down side for glass i can imagine would be weight.

Might go ahead with glass then. :D

@Heubert, how much was the maker charging you for the glass case?

Glass cases are very fragile. I've had 2 and both of them smashed with very minimal touching/moving. I would never buy a glass case again.

Back