1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Ohh it also has some serious impact potential! Hope it's steady, looks ace though!

Yeah it is steady the stand is very heavy, where it is it doesn't get knocked. Although I don't know how, we've got 2 crazy dogs charging round the house, I think they know better than to go near the Bat corner!

Yeah it is steady the stand is very heavy, where it is it doesn't get knocked. Although I don't know how, we've got 2 crazy dogs charging round the house, I think they know better than to go near the Bat corner!

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

Congrats!!

Smart man , putting something under the tires

Yeah, from all the stories I heard I knew to protect them best way I could, which was to use the plastic that I pealed off the tires, yes, pealed off. :lol

I knew right away from pealing off the protective plastic that anything with a solid service and long enough contact with the tires was going to be a problem.

Glad I read these last few posts. My Tumbler won't be paid off for another couple of months but it's nice to have a heads-up regarding the sticky wheels.

I just unboxed/assembled my Tumbler, and I have to say, peeling off all the plastic sheets was more nerve-racking than satisfying. That said, it did come with a few faults, and after browsing through this thread, I was prepared.

The round exhaust thing was off as I lifted the styrofoam, and the front panel near the front wheels had some sticky residue left over. The silver rod on the fins came off as I was very carefully attaching it to the body. I also noticed how absurdly terrible the glue application was under the cover/roof where it was applied to attach the windshields to the cover.

At the end of the day, the "major" problems were the exhaust and the silver rod, nothing super glue can't fix. Again and again I have read people saying you would be surprised by the size, and lo and behold I was shocked when I first laid eyes on it. It's a beast and I'm really loving it. Now waiting for the super glue to dry before I carry it out of the living room.

It sucks that this thing is almost $500 and there are such QC issues.

True :exactly: but I guess the Tumbler's design as a vehicle is also a factor. Too many fragile parts, especially the spoilers and the skirts on the sides. Even the front wheels and its pistons are too frail.

I think the 89 batmobile would have less QC issues on the body.

nice pics!!!1 I'm still thinking how I'll display this beast...

True :exactly: but I guess the Tumbler's design as a vehicle is also a factor. Too many fragile parts, especially the spoilers and the skirts on the sides. Even the front wheels and its pistons are too frail.

But maybe If HT used metal instead of plastic on those fragile parts...

This is how I decided to display my Tumbler, keeps the rubber from touching any surface plus I like the floating effect.

you not scare that someone going to knock over the tumbler?

And then the Tumbler wil...wait for it......tumble to the ground!:lol

In all seriousness though, I get my replacement back from SSC today and I pick up the custom display case I had made for it! Can't wait!! :yess:

Yea, this thing has way too many parts and sharp edges. Its actually impressive that, considering the amount of time these take in transit from production to collection, more things aren't broken.

No its more than their life is worth! :)

Seriously though its very solid, i don't think I would have it like that if we had kids though.

Yea, this thing has way too many parts and sharp edges. Its actually impressive that, considering the amount of time these take in transit from production to collection, more things aren't broken.

True. The packaging an only hold up so much, considering its weight inside. Also, some parts are too fragile that some who got the tumbler in A1 condition broke some parts themselves during assembly.

No its more than their life is worth! :)

Seriously though its very solid, i don't think I would have it like that if we had kids though.

yes very truth .. I have pre order the camo after i missed out the black version two times because I wash't sure i really want it and also waiting for the 89 batmobile as well but I still don't have any idea to how to display them.

yes very truth .. I have pre order the camo after i missed out the black version two times because I wash't sure i really want it and also waiting for the 89 batmobile as well but I still don't have any idea to how to display them.

It's very hard, cause the size. I have the 89 batmobile on PO too... my girlfriend will kill me when she know/see the 2 cars :panic:
I'm seriously thinking to nail them on the roof :monkey4

Back