1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Thanks, Buff! Yeah, it's a huge relief to have my Tumbler wheel issue resolved. Wishing you luck with yours from CSC's next shipment.

Thanks Void. BTW, did CSC ship this in the original HT box (reference post #2143 on page 215 of this thread)? I know they normally double box HT figures, but I'm guessing that maybe they didn't in this case due to the size?

They said they won't have replacements for 3 to 4 weeks. :(

Emmmmm..... :impatient:

Seeing some other Tumbler issues, I do feel that I was rather lucky. The unfortunate thing is that who can guarantee the replacement will arrive in one piece?

Chances are good the replacement will have other broken bits, so it's sorta a catch twenty-two.

I doubt sideshow is even going to have enough replacements for all the broken tumblers...they may just have to issue partial refunds to keep people happy.

I'm not sure what to do yet, I'll take some pics and send them to sideshow and see what they say. At the very least, for the cost of this thing it should not arrive broken.

Thanks guys!

A shout out to r5150s and blkmagik73 for giving me the inspiration to figure out how to fully remedy the detached wheel issue.

Oh by the way, when putting the hub caps back on, be sure to support the opposite wheel against a flat surface or the wheel might come off the axle again.

Thanks void! : )

Thanks Void. BTW, did CSC ship this in the original HT box (reference post #2143 on page 215 of this thread)? I know they normally double box HT figures, but I'm guessing that maybe they didn't in this case due to the size?

CSC sent it with only the HT shipper box. No double boxing on this beast. Yup, I'm sure the sheer size of this thing precluded them from having very large boxes at hand.

CSC sent it with only the HT shipper box. No double boxing on this beast. Yup, I'm sure the sheer size of this thing precluded them from having very large boxes at hand.

When did CSC ship out your order? I pre-ordered from them because I wanted to pick it up since I'm close to their store but haven't heard back from them.

I say since this is quite a common flaw in this shipment you better start a new thread addressing this and the fix so ppl won't ask you again and again over and over .. you get the point ;)

I say since this is quite a common flaw in this shipment you better start a new thread addressing this and the fix so ppl won't ask you again and again over and over .. you get the point ;)

:exactly::lecture
and for reference for those who might have this issue.

Who did you buy it from? I bought my Tumbler from SSC. $470+35.00(tax)+$20.00 (shipping). I am in California.

I bought from someone on eBay. got it for $505 shipped to Miami. The shipping cost from Miami to Chile is something like $190. Customs taxes are 26% of $505+$190, hence around $180.. So the final cost to me:

$505 (Tumbler+shipping inside USA) + 190 (Shipping outside USA) + 180 (import tax) = around $875.

So if this thing comes broken I'll literally kill myself :monkey4

Don't worry too much, mine was perfect and came from HK to europe.

:)

Does the on/off switch placement bother anyone else? It's all I can see now!

:lol

I can't really see it. But it probably would've been better under something.

unless you have it on a podium in the middle of the room one side will have to face the wall might as well be the one with the switch ;)

It's at just the right height and is facing the correct way to perfectly see the switch!
:lol

When did CSC ship out your order? I pre-ordered from them because I wanted to pick it up since I'm close to their store but haven't heard back from them.

I pre-ordered mine on Jan 19 from CSC and got it delivered Aug 31. Mine was from the first batch CSC received. I believe they will be getting their second batch of Tumblers sometime next week. If you haven't received yours yet, it's more than likely in the second batch.

Good suggestion, Geil. :)

Has anyone from the UK ordered this from sideshow? Ive been going back and forth on whether to get this or not and ideally would like to order from a UK sit but really the flex pay option is winning me over with sideshow.

Just wondering what the final price is from sideshow with shipping and how much they had to pay in import taxes.

Thanks guys.

Back