1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Well my Tumbler left Miami today and is on his way to Chile... I hope the plane doesn't crash or anything :monkey3

Thinking i wont see mine till November or December makes me cry...:monkey2

Last edited:

Guys, I am totally pissed right at the moment. I have just openend up my Tumbler. But you will not believe what I have found upon opening the box. First thing to notice: All the protective foils (on the windows, wheels, the main body and the top) were missing :horror. But it gets even worse: The turbine and one of the rear wheels is broken. There is some glue residue on the other rear wheel. One of the small pistons on the back side near the turbine is broken. The hull features lots of scratches as the cockpit has opened during transportation (due to the missing foils).

What the f... is going on? How can one send such a piece to a customer. I mean: WTF? I have got the feeling that this was not originally packaged and was openend by someone before. If not, this is the worst quality control I have ever encountered.

I have already written an email to Sideshow asking for a replacement. That is totally unacceptable...

Guys, I am totally pissed right at the moment. I have just openend up my Tumbler. But you will not believe what I have found upon opening the box. First thing to notice: All the protective foils (on the windows, wheels, the main body and the top) were missing :horror. But it gets even worse: The turbine and one of the rear wheels is broken. There is some glue residue on the other rear wheel. One of the small pistons on the back side near the turbine is broken. The hull features lots of scratches as the cockpit has opened during transportation (due to the missing foils).

What the f... is going on? How can one send such a piece to a customer. I mean: WTF? I have got the feeling that this was not originally packaged and was openend by someone before. If not, this is the worst quality control I have ever encountered.

I have already written an email to Sideshow asking for a replacement. That is totally unacceptable...

Thats (My best Charles Barkley voice) TURRRIBLE!

.......patiently waits for SSC to sell " ding and dent" tumbler for cheap....:monkey3

wow :horror

sorry to hear that bro,
hope SS will replace it as soon as possible :pray:

Unfortunately Mace, someone had a another broken Tumbler with SS and this is the comment they posted..

Originally Posted by NightCreeper View Post

I could glue it back on, or contact sideshow and see what they could do (but I doubt they have replacements). Anyone who has contacted sideshow, what have they told you?
They said they won't have replacements for 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope so too. I still cannot understand what happenend there. I mean: I have got lots of Hot Toys stuff, but I have never encountered something like this. Broken parts is one thing, but missing packaging materials is something completely different...

If it takes them 3-4 weeks for getting replacements, then I will have to wait. But if I get the advice to glue certain parts back on, I will tell them what is necessary. You can be sure about that...

Unfortunately Mace, someone had a another broken Tumbler with SS and this is the comment they posted..

Originally Posted by NightCreeper View Post

I could glue it back on, or contact sideshow and see what they could do (but I doubt they have replacements). Anyone who has contacted sideshow, what have they told you?
They said they won't have replacements for 3 to 4 weeks.

I hope so too. I still cannot understand what happenend there. I mean: I have got lots of Hot Toys stuff, but I have never encountered something like this. Broken parts is one thing, but missing packaging materials is something completely different...

i can say they're careless :monkey2

I don't know if it's just me, or every single figure or vehicle in this case from Hot Toys always have terrible QC issues.

For me:

DX02 ---> oil on the abs area

2011 Toy Fair Batman---> Broken right ankle + shining forehead

Now, whats next? My Tumbler will probably come with only 3 wheels? :monkey4

The funny part is... guess what's going to fail on the next releases..

DX11..

DX12 (this is the one I'm most afraid)

Batpod...

I don't know if it's just me, or every single figure or vehicle in this case from Hot Toys always have terrible QC issues.

For me:

DX02 ---> oil on the abs area

2011 Toy Fair Batman---> Broken right ankle + shining forehead

Now, whats next? My Tumbler will probably come with only 3 wheels? :monkey4

The funny part is... guess what's going to fail on the next releases..

DX11..

DX12 (this is the one I'm most afraid)

Batpod...

don't forget about QS 01 - TDKR - Batman too
:pray:

Wow. I have been reading a lot of QC problems but I think you have the worst one yet. Sorry to hear about this man. With all the hype around this thing, how long people have waited, and the price that we pay (some even more than others) that is completely unacceptable. Keep us posted on what Sideshow tells you. I'm curious to find out. I still really want this piece because it's a Tumbler but with all these problems coming up it's making me doubt if I should get it. Maybe by the time that mine is ready to ship in Oct/Nov they will have taken care of these issues.

This is amazing... I feel bad about you guys that have a broken tumbler... really makes me hope mine comes in one piece, and perfect, but it looks that's a 30% chance of that. what is wrong with HT? or is just the SSC orders? I have seen that on the Dx08, the ones ordered by SSC come with some QC issues.

What the f... is going on? How can one send such a piece to a customer. I mean: WTF? I have got the feeling that this was not originally packaged and was openend by someone before. If not, this is the worst quality control I have ever encountered

Did customs open it???

Back