1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

You know what I think would be really cool? I'm only going into college so bear with me. I want to be a corporate lawyer, and all I can imagine is how funny it would be when I have a nice office and it looks all professional and everything, but there's a large glass display case with my awesome figures in it, and like the office is all business, but the figures are like "I'm here to party." lol

how would you be a lawyer without a college degree? You in the show Community?

What part of he's going to college to become a lawyer did you miss? :cuckoo:

Hahaha thank you Bumblebee. That's why I specifically said ONLY GOING TO COLLEGE. Implying that I still had a long way to go.

What part of he's going to college to become a lawyer did you miss? :cuckoo:
Patrick_Bateman_HA.gif

You know what I think would be really cool? I'm only going into college so bear with me. I want to be a corporate lawyer, and all I can imagine is how funny it would be when I have a nice office and it looks all professional and everything, but there's a large glass display case with my awesome figures in it, and like the office is all business, but the figures are like "I'm here to party." lol

Depends on you. I went to law school but never took the bar. For the most part I have been in or was and have been working with computers. When you walked into our place would see rolls of collectibles. Again depending on you. Best thing in my office was a signed jersey of the month. Ducks 1st year. Given to me.

That's really cool man. They say the bar is extremely difficult in NY, so I'll be crossing my fingers when that fateful day comes, can you pm me about how and why you got into computers. I'm only forming my paths now and it would be really cool to learn more from other people.

Just waiting for mine...............hopefully by Sept it'll be in my sweaty gloved Bat palms....

They recently sent me an email with a change in the date of the final flex payment, which is now due on 8-20. It should ship shortly after that.

"Our FlexPay schedules are designed to coincide with the item's arrival into our warehouse, so that the final payment is charged and your item ships out to you as soon as we take possession of it. However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan."

New Schedule for Remaining Payments:
8/20/2012

They recently sent me an email with a change in the date of the final flex payment, which is now due on 8-20. It should ship shortly after that.

"Our FlexPay schedules are designed to coincide with the item's arrival into our warehouse, so that the final payment is charged and your item ships out to you as soon as we take possession of it. However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan."

New Schedule for Remaining Payments:
8/20/2012

Darth Vader said:
I am altering the deal.
Pray i don't alter it any further...

I hope the deal alters your plan in a good way.

Yeah, I owned it at one time. Just asking, because I like one scale. Nice and organized.

to you, did it look like a big plastic car, or did it look realistic in person? I'm tempted to get one of these myself.

to you, did it look like a big plastic car, or did it look realistic in person? I'm tempted to get one of these myself.

I second this. Big plastic car or more realistic looking in person? Obviously the paint job is crucial with this.

Wow. I'm suddenly really curious about this as well; that initial visual impact. Photos don't convey this, and most of us will never be able to see one of these in person before we buy our own. It would depend on the quality of the paint application and the fine details, I guess.

I second this. Big plastic car or more realistic looking in person? Obviously the paint job is crucial with this.

Wow. I'm suddenly really curious about this as well; that initial visual impact. Photos don't convey this, and most of us will never be able to see one of these in person before we buy our own. It would depend on the quality of the paint application and the fine details, I guess.

to me, from the beginning..I wanted to paint it up when they first release it knowing and what I see from the pics that it's molded in black so it looks like a big giant plastic vehicle...lacks detail..

if you want a realistic looking tumbler...might want to look at the camo version..the paint apps on the prototype is pretty good..I assume the mass produced version will come close..if you wanted the black "realistic" version..either you do the paint job yourself like i did or hire somebody to do it for you...

Rob

I don't have much issue with the matte black paint job. That's how it looks. I just want to know if this thing looks "cheap" in person, I know it's huge.

it's very big. That's the thing I remember most about it. But, I felt it was a big toy. Very plasticy looking as well.

I was hoping that Hot Wheels would do something bigger actually. I bought the 1:18 one for my son, it's made of metal and it looks durable and realistic. I just wish it was bigger.

The main thing going for the HT one obviously is the size. I also liked the LED lights on it.

I still want one. But, I don't think it'll go with the rest of my collection.

IF I decide to go with a 12" collection, it'll work. But, I just don't think that 12" is for me. Been there, done that.

to me, from the beginning..I wanted to paint it up when they first release it knowing and what I see from the pics that it's molded in black so it looks like a big giant plastic vehicle...lacks detail..

if you want a realistic looking tumbler...might want to look at the camo version..the paint apps on the prototype is pretty good..I assume the mass produced version will come close..if you wanted the black "realistic" version..either you do the paint job yourself like i did or hire somebody to do it for you...

Rob
Do you have pics of your custom paint job?

Back