1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

The Tumbler is only the Tumbler when it has camo on it, just like Batman's suit is the nomex survival suit before he paints it black.

Once we see the Tumbler black, it becomes the Batmobile. Once the suit becomes black and he attaches the symbol, it is the batsuit.

Make no mistake, it IS the Batmobile in Batman Begins. In the Batman Begins script, as soon as it is introduced (not counting the test drive), you know "I bought mine", "I've got to get me one of those" it is referred to as THE BATMOBILE from that point on. In The Dark Knight when it bursts onto the garage scene it is referred to as THE BATMOBILE.

BATMAN
I bought mine.
Batman has disappeared into the dark end of the alley.
GORDON
Yours?
BLINDING HEADLIGHTS FLARE. A MASSIVE ENGINE ROARS-
Gordon DIVES out of the way as-
The BATMOBILE comes flying out of the darkness... the
matteblack, muscularity of the stealth-finished "car" BLOWS
by. Gordon’s jaw drops.

A HUGE BLACK SHAPE SLAMS down onto a row of parked cars. The
BATMOBILE.
SCARECROW
That's more like it.

The Chechen'smen BLAST away at the front of the car: the
bullets SPARK off its monstrous surface harmlessly...
INT. BATMOBILE-- CONTINUOUS

lol hot toys is pathetic. im glad i stopped buying. what is the point of stamping "limited edition" on all of their products only to rerelease the exact product later on to rip off other customers. the toy enthusiast in me loves their work, but the toy collector in me is disgusted with their milking and pricing.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

The Tumbler is only the Tumbler when it has camo on it, just like Batman's suit is the nomex survival suit before he paints it black.

Once we see the Tumbler black, it becomes the Batmobile. Once the suit becomes black and he attaches the symbol, it is the batsuit.

Make no mistake, it IS the Batmobile in Batman Begins. In the Batman Begins script, as soon as it is introduced (not counting the test drive), you know "I bought mine", "I've got to get me one of those" it is referred to as THE BATMOBILE from that point on. In The Dark Knight when it bursts onto the garage scene it is referred to as THE BATMOBILE.

BATMAN
I bought mine.
GORDON
Yours?
by. Gordon’s jaw drops.

BATMOBILE.
SCARECROW
That's more like it.

:exactly: :lecture :lecture :clap :lecture :lecture :exactly:

lol hot toys is pathetic. im glad i stopped buying. what is the point of stamping "limited edition" on all of their products only to rerelease the exact product later on to rip off other customers. the toy enthusiast in me loves their work, but the toy collector in me is disgusted with their milking and pricing.

:goodpost::exactly::hi5::yess:

are there any photos of the tumbler in TDKR? Any changes? I'm sure we'll get another batpod. Maybe combined with Catwoman like IM and the gantry.

BATMAN
I bought mine.
GORDON
Yours?
by. Gordon’s jaw drops.

BATMOBILE.
SCARECROW
That's more like it.

Game. Set. Match.

are there any photos of the tumbler in TDKR? Any changes? I'm sure we'll get another batpod. Maybe combined with Catwoman like IM and the gantry.

The only time The Batmobile was seen was in Pittsburgh on a truck, covered being transported to a garage in the city along with the Batpod. Other than that, no it has not been seen.

The "Bane Tumblers" have but those aren't identical to the Tumbler in Batman Begins. One one of them, the front canopy is changed and isn't symmetrical, the other is a variation of this except it has a rocket launcher.

Dude. . .it's the Batmobile :lol

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

The price on the Batpod has skyrocketed, maybe I'll sell my Batpod and buy a Tumbler. :lol

Doo eeett naaooowww

Batpod relaunch will be announced within the week :lecture

Its up for $470 :lecture

I assume it just went up, but I could have missed if it went up earlier.

On SSC site. But $47 NRD. That does give me pause.

I dunno if anyone else I deal with will be carrying this, due to the cost. Maybe BBTS...

Edit: Aha, BBTS does have it up too: $439.99 but whoa $60 shipping for me. I wonder if it's still cheaper to go via SSC since they seem to have some kind of bulk shipping rate with their carriers.

Last edited:

Sideshow's site... although now the site isn't loading :huh

It was listed as Q2 release, guess they've been sitting on these.

It looks like a May release though....I got the Joker PF coming around that time, don't want to risk it.

439.99 at bbts

$439.99 @ BBTS!!! :panic::panic::panic::panic:

It's a good news for any fans who they don't have the tumbler. I have it and I'm proud it's just an amazing piece for any batman fans and now I can buy it twice if I want for the real price. Pay it 1000$ it's just insane...
Now I understand people who they don't like the relunch by Hot Toys but after some years and the demand, it's just normal to satisfy the fans.

When I buy a figure, I collect it and I keep it for me, only for me and not for resell or just because it's a big value after years. I know it's cool when it's rare and exclusive...
For example the Robocop, I don't have it and I never will pay 400$ on ebay in a bad retailer (make money non-value product, not real price), I don't understand people who buy a Wolverine/Blade/Iron Man figure for 400$ it's not the real price, now we know to be patient so I am very happy that Hot Toys will do relunch...
Whetever the batmobile will be always a rare collectible.

Back