1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

It's not stupid it givess fans who didn't got a chance to buy it get it. Like me jejeje

I own the original Ironman Mark 1. HT is re-releasing one with some changes and updates. It doesn't matter to me that they are. It gives people the chance who want it to get their copy. It won't change the fact that I own the first version and release. Value-wise I think it will hold steady.

Same thing will happen with this re-release, even if the only difference is packaging it will not completely de-value the original.

Let's look at the Ironman Mark 3 example. People complain that since HT was able to produce a better product with their BAttle damage Mark 3 later on, then HT should have produced that one in the first place. Let's remember that the BD version came years after the success of the first one and that the intricate detail and additions to this new version only came about due to the success of the first version.

Ht is a business. The only concern they have in regards to their customers is if what they are producing is what the customers want. If it will get them more money. Better detailing, paint application, better sculpt means more demand and money.

I say, let HT be successful. The more successful they are at their business, the better the chances that we get better products.

And Yes I am not commenting on their quality of late because that is inexcusable at the moment.

Heh. Can't say I didn't see this one coming. They're probably planning on releasing a camo version for Bane later on, as well.

I own the original Ironman Mark 1. HT is re-releasing one with some changes and updates. It doesn't matter to me that they are. It gives people the chance who want it to get their copy. It won't change the fact that I own the first version and release. Value-wise I think it will hold steady.

Same thing will happen with this re-release, even if the only difference is packaging it will not completely de-value the original.

Let's look at the Ironman Mark 3 example. People complain that since HT was able to produce a better product with their BAttle damage Mark 3 later on, then HT should have produced that one in the first place. Let's remember that the BD version came years after the success of the first one and that the intricate detail and additions to this new version only came about due to the success of the first version.

Ht is a business. The only concern they have in regards to their customers is if what they are producing is what the customers want. If it will get them more money. Better detailing, paint application, better sculpt means more demand and money.

I say, let HT be successful. The more successful they are at their business, the better the chances that we get better products.

And Yes I am not commenting on their quality of late because that is inexcusable at the moment.

:clap agree :clap

I think that it is stupid that they relaunch a product and make absolutely no changes to it..... Im pissed!!!!!

It means owners of the original don't have any reason to feel that theirs is obsolete. Its a good thing for them (me) :D

Let's look at the Ironman Mark 3 example. People complain that since HT was able to produce a better product with their BAttle damage Mark 3 later on, then HT should have produced that one in the first place. Let's remember that the BD version came years after the success of the first one

Years?? Was it not, I dunno, 1 year at most?

I remember this debate popping up in the past but sure is fuelled now with all the rereleases of late
There are really only few reasons to be upset about this:
- I used to think that ppl are crazy to charge over MSRP pretty much right after release and then every PO sells out and prices kept going up in the secondary market. Even crazier that ppl paid those prices so I PO everything these days. Well those that pay those elevated prices sure have their reason to get pissed... remember there is a reason why we call it the evilbay
- Then you started seeing more and more collectors getting in on the game, just check the FS section ... so well now that HT effectively is disrupting that economy with rereleases and larger batches that never sell out ... hmm guess who is pissed
- then there is the group of ppl that I never thought I would belong to but man was I wrong ... I used to not care of increased value as I would never see myself selling any of my toys anyways but seeing ppl rubbing it in ... sold this figure for $400, sold that bat pod for $600 and oh tumbler sold for $800 then $1000 I started to get distracted as well and felt I had more value in my collectables then I started out... I would tell my friends oh this is worth $$$ now ... well I guess I should be pissed that HT effectively rained on my parade ....

HMMmm wait I am an idiot to think these toys are unique art pieces that gain value, it sure felt like it and it did feel good and likely reason anyone collects anything ..... but the naive noob collector in me now remembers why I started this hobby, the pure joy of being mesmerized by the beauty of all these amazing dolls, the lit up displays I still stare at when I get to sit down and relax....
Welcome new collectors who missed out and now can join the Tumbler club. Welcome back action figure hobby into the arms of the truly appreciating toy "gatherers" and good bye to those that are in this for the wrong reasons .... maybe HT inadvertently did this right for this hobby after all but by the time they realize and accepted the fact that we are dealing with a hugely inflated demand we may benefit from some firesale due to oversupply

ouch too many words and no emoticon....... headache :slap

Last edited:

I remember this debate popping up in the past but sure is fuelled now with all the rereleases of late
There are really only few reasons to be upset about this:
- I used to think that ppl are crazy to charge over MSRP pretty much right after release and then every PO sells out and prices kept going up in the secondary market. Even crazier that ppl paid those prices so I PO everything these days. Well those that pay those elevated prices sure have their reason to get pissed... remember there is a reason why we call it the evilbay
- Then you started seeing more and more collectors getting in on the game, just check the FS section ... so well now that HT effectively is disrupting that economy with rereleases and larger batches that never sell out ... hmm guess who is pissed
- then there is the group of ppl that I never thought I would belong to but man was I wrong ... I used to not care of increased value as I would never see myself selling any of my toys anyways but seeing ppl rubbing it in ... sold this figure for $400, sold that bat pod for $600 and oh tumbler sold for $800 then $1000 I started to get distracted as well and felt I had more value in my collectables then I started out... I would tell my friends oh this is worth $$$ now ... well I guess I should be pissed that HT effectively rained on my parade ....

HMMmm wait I am an idiot to think these toys are unique art pieces that gain value, it sure felt like it and it did feel good and likely reason anyone collects anything ..... but the naive noob collector in me now remembers why I started this hobby, the pure joy of being mesmerized by the beauty of all these amazing dolls, the lit up displays I still stare at when I get to sit down and relax....
Welcome new collectors who missed out and now can join the Tumbler club. Welcome back action figure hobby into the arms of the truly appreciating toy "gatherers" and good by to those that are in this for the wring reason .... maybe HT inadvertently did this right for this hobby after all but by the time they realize and accepted the fact that we are dealing with a hugely inflated demand we may benefit from some firesale due to oversupply

ouch too many words and no emoticon....... headache :slap

:exactly::clap:clap:clap:goodpost:

As was Coco's and Averone's

I like this better than all of the previous re-releases because it's exactly the same as the original. My ocd makes me want the new and improved versions that have been showing up recently. However, with this one, you can keep your original if you have it or get the new one if you don't. It's a win-win.

I like this better than all of the previous re-releases because it's exactly the same as the original. My ocd makes me want the new and improved versions that have been showing up recently. However, with this one, you can keep your original if you have it or get the new one if you don't. It's a win-win.

I want mine to be just like the original.

I want broken fins, suspension rods, paint rubs, burnt out or loose LEDs and peeling decals. :yess:

Bring it baby!

not true the Ironman Mk1 is a relaunch and they made changes to the figure!
Mark I is a 2.0 release. Hence the improvements. Tumbler is a relaunch, meaning a second production run of the same thing. They're just building more Tumblers.

Wow I think it's probably safe to pass up on any popular HT figure because it will come out again. :lol

I want broken fins, suspension rods, paint rubs, burnt out or loose LEDs and peeling decals. :yess:

Bring it baby!

:rotfl

it's the only way to make the original owners feel good. bring on the QC issues and complaints from the new owners! :yess:

:rotfl and another reason I like this hobby as this place is just hilarious

Bring it baby!

This time the qc issues will be even more abundant. :yess:

Back