1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

I think this will not be identical but a slightly improved Tumbler. I was one who passed on the HT products and just recently started collecting more HT due to their much improved quality and appeal.

I say more power to them for wanting to make more money, there are always new customers in this market.

For us collectors there is always something better right around the corner, dont think you will not see something like it again.

The best thing about this release is that:

1. We'll get to see what four years of Hot Toys inflation equates to with a straight-up identical re-release. They didn't even take new photos!

2. We'll get a rough idea of what the Burton Batmobile may cost :)

Price has been announced. Around $400

My only concern right now is SPACE. I want one of these. Bad. But where do i put it?!? They are huuuuge.

Wow, I will be picking this one up for sure. Wonder if Sideshow will be distributing these this time around.

Price has been announced. Around $400
I want to see the price from a North American reseller; surely their price will have to be higher to compensate for shipping these beasts across the ocean.

Wow, I will be picking this one up for sure. Wonder if Sideshow will be distributing these this time around.

they're now the official HT distributor so no reason why they wouldn't be.

Getting it for sure. Gonna get all vehicles this time. don't care if they are launched and relaunched once I have them. I love the movies and I am fortunate that I'm in this hobby at the time when these figures are being made.

I think this will not be identical but a slightly improved Tumbler. I was one who passed on the HT products and just recently started collecting more HT due to their much improved quality and appeal.

I say more power to them for wanting to make more money, there are always new customers in this market.

For us collectors there is always something better right around the corner, dont think you will not see something like it again.

totally agree, there will new and improved stuff round the corner anytime , just like the new enterbay T-800, im sure a lot of collectors have sold the hot toys t2 T-800 to get the enterbay one.
so it will be a mistake trying to buy a tumbler for the aftermarket prices in ebay, who knows what new company would come with a far superior version than the hot toys one,would u be happy when u just paid 1500$ for a hot toys tumbler and theres is new release of a superior version from another company at half the price

That's just it agentofchaos, thats just it, being "in the hobby when these figures are being made" now think about the original tumber owners.lol

Hot Toys is clearly looking at those items that are selling for outrageous mark-ups on the secondary market, and fulfilling demand with a second batch. I see no nothing wrong with this, especially with the Tumbler here where they're simply building another batch. They even used the same promotion photos from 4 years ago. Current owners have nothing to be upset about; their version has not become obsolete nor is it suddenly worthless.

Hot Toys is doing a great job of sticking it to the scalpers, and that's good for all of us.

The assumption that "limited edition" means that item will never be re-released or a better version will never come along is a false one. The collector that values numbered, high price, high rarity items above all else should look into pursuing custom pieces not mass market, non-numbered items.

Never got the chance to get the Tumbler when it was first released, so this is great news for me!

The assumption that "limited edition" means that item will never be re-released or a better version will never come along is a false one. The collector that values numbered, high price, high rarity items above all else should look into pursuing custom pieces not mass market, non-numbered items.

in case of a statue it can be termed as limited and uniqued,unlike a figure where theres always chances of improvement as tech improves,

The assumption that "limited edition" means that item will never be re-released or a better 2.0 version will never come along is a false one. The collector that values numbered, high price, high rarity items above all else should look into pursuing custom pieces not mass market, non-numbered items.
True. I mean with movie licenses where sequels are always coming, new merchandise is inevitable anyhow. Like nobody knew there would be another Batman film? And regarding an items rarity, it's not like suddenly everyone and their cousin is going to have a Hot Toys Tumbler. It's still a $400 toy car (something normal adults don't buy) that's too damn big to put anywhere.

Unbelievable... well really at this point any re-release is believable :lol

all i have to say is

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

seriously, anyone complaining or _____ing about this is just :slap because HT is going to rehash anything that will bring in money. Not one soul should be surprised. Makes me glad I prefer statues.

in case of a statue it can be termed as limited and uniqued,unlike a figure where theres always chances of improvement as tech improves,

Statue tech, casting, sculpting, painting improves as well. Just compare the Weta and Sideshow LotR statue lines. Though with statues individual artistic interpretation and style seem more valued than with 1/6 dolls. A newer statue version of 'x' isn't a big deal.

Even Remington bronzes have been re-released.

Last edited:

I think that it is stupid that they relaunch a product and make absolutely no changes to it..... Im pissed!!!!!

+1 to this, you want pieces because they are limited and won't be re-released. I don't want to sound like an elitist because I never did own this piece, but with re-releasing Grail pieces like this and the MK1, it kind of deters me from purchasing these pieces just to personally not promote this kind of stuff. I know alot of people may be against me but I just do not approve of this kind of stuff and I can feel a disturbance in the force for Tumbler owners everywhere just as the MK1 owners felt and I suspect the Joker DX owners will feel.

Personally I couldn't care if they are limited or not - but I don't come from the statue background where this "limited" aspect seems to be important. Obviously there was demand for it judging by the prices listed on ebay - I'd prefer that money ends up in the pockets of the licence holders than in scalpers and flippers. Its people like that who ruined the comic industry.

Buy pieces cos you enjoy them - if you want an investment buy shares or houses (or statues). 1/6th pieces by their nature are fragile and subject to breakage - even if kept MIB and stored correctly. Not an attribute you look for in a long term investment. Figures never seem to appreciate at the same rate statues do anyway, whether it is because they publish edition sizes, include numbering on the item itself or various other things that enhance the idea that it is truely a limited edition collector item. I've never really considered 1/6th scale figures as falling into the same category, but maybe that's just me.

Back