"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pjam said:
And we can forget about seeing Katie Holmes again, many execs @ WB sunk in their chairs and called her the weak link in BB, clearly she doesn't have the acting chops to stand scrutiny with such a talented cast, not to demean her, she's a fine TV actress but I mention it because it is VERY LIKELY The Dark Knight will have a new romantic interest in this sequel. Bet on it.
Robin? :D

Batty said:

Actually, they never would have shot the last scene of BB without having Oldman locked now that I think about it. We'll be hearing casting news about returning characters very soon.

I am so excited, I wonder who the new girl is gonna be?

pjam said:
Actually, they never would have shot the last scene of BB without having Oldman locked now that I think about it. We'll be hearing casting news about returning characters very soon.

I am so excited, I wonder who the new girl is gonna be?

Yeah, knowing the way they ink deals for Superhero movies nowadays... they locked Oldman, Caine and Freeman... I would say it's about 90% sure.

As for Katie... good riddance.:lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, knowing the way they ink deals for Superhero movies nowadays... they locked Oldman, Caine and Freeman... I would say it's about 90% sure.

As for Katie... good riddance.:lol

Yeah, Katie, don't barr the door,

My final note on Ledger:

It's now clear (based on his quote) that Nolan screen tested Ledger with Bale or at least did extensive read throughs to determine their chemistry and was blown away. And you know Goyer was in the room with the Producers and were blown away too.

student_toe5 said:
why re-do Joker? He's a villain that has been done before. Why not someone new? Don't get me wrong, i loved Batman Begins and Nolan's visions. Just wondering. ....i mean, if Joker will be re-done, then does this mean that it is possible the other villains will be re-done as well?

I REALLY don't understand when people say this. "Why redo the Joker". There are just SOOO many things wrong with that question. Lets get to them!

1. How could you NOT have the Joker in these films??? He IS Batman's nemisis. He is his complete foil, his polar oppostie. Not only is he probably the greatest villain in comic history, but the relationship he shares with Batman is without a doubt one of the most unique, interesting and complicated relationships found anywhere in fiction (comic and otherwise). Which leads me to my next point...

2. This isn't a redo of Joker because "The Joker" as he is, has never BEEN DONE. Burton gave us 2 GREAT Batman films that I love dearly, BUT they were BURTON FILMS NOT Batman Films. He had never read the comics and wasn't interested in making a "Batman film." And that's O.K., he's an artist that has a vision and I LOVED what he did. But when it came to Joker, he didn't give us JOKER. Joker isn't funny, he's nuts. He's sadistic. And the greatest aspect of the Joker is his relationship with Batman. Their co-dependance. Their inability and lack of desire when it comes to erasing the other. Without Batman, Joker has no point, and quite possibly without The Joker (and his other worthy foes that compose his Rouge Gallery), Batman may not have a point (one of the greatest aspects of Batmans psyche... does his presence perpetuate and create the madness around him....). Nolan is going to give us another BAT FILM, and for the first time in Live Action, we are going to get THE JOKER! And we're going to see Batman and The Joker duke it out both physically and mentally like the titans they are!

3. And yes, that does mean they can use any of the characters. That is why Penguin is rumored to be in "The Dark Knight" and that Two-face will be featured largely in the third film. But that doesn't mean we are going to get the same characters duplicated. Joker will be like he is supposed to be and the Penguin won't be a 1/2 creature with flippers for hands. He will be like he appeared originally, a short, aristocratic gentle-man with a lust for lawbreaking. I only hope he comes complete with an eye glass and a fondness for umbrellas ;-)

And Im keeping my fingers crossed for Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play the Penguin although I'm not sure the Penguin will be in this sequel... I know what we've heard in the past about this but no-one has really seen Nolan and Goyer's story...

Also, IF there is a love interest ( i mean, with joker, penguin and furthering the bat mythos.. does their really need to be????) i think it should be 1 of 2 people.

Selina Kyle or Talia Al Gul. No more of these made up women that come and go. Give us a character that has their own stuff going on and take it from the comics. Both these women had huge influences on Bruce/Bats. Make it substantial. Katie didn't hurt the movie in my opinion, but she didn't wow either. And Rachel helped provide subtext to Bruce and Batman, so i didn't mind her at all. BUT, as I said, dont' give us another female character that will come and go. Give us substance.. if you must give us one at all...

Lookin4Precious said:
Also, IF there is a love interest ( i mean, with joker, penguin and furthering the bat mythos.. does their really need to be????) i think it should be 1 of 2 people.

Selina Kyle or Talia Al Gul. No more of these made up women that come and go. Give us a character that has their own stuff going on and take it from the comics. Both these women had huge influences on Bruce/Bats. Make it substantial. Katie didn't hurt the movie in my opinion, but she didn't wow either. And Rachel helped provide subtext to Bruce and Batman, so i didn't mind her at all. BUT, as I said, dont' give us another female character that will come and go. Give us substance.. if you must give us one at all...

Yes, there needs to be a love interest. I'm betting we'll see Talia... makes most sense to me.

Lookin4Precious said:
I REALLY don't understand when people say this. "Why redo the Joker". There are just SOOO many things wrong with that question. Lets get to them!

1. How could you NOT have the Joker in these films??? He IS Batman's nemisis. He is his complete foil, his polar oppostie. Not only is he probably the greatest villain in comic history, but the relationship he shares with Batman is without a doubt one of the most unique, interesting and complicated relationships found anywhere in fiction (comic and otherwise). Which leads me to my next point...

2. This isn't a redo of Joker because "The Joker" as he is, has never BEEN DONE. Burton gave us 2 GREAT Batman films that I love dearly, BUT they were BURTON FILMS NOT Batman Films. He had never read the comics and wasn't interested in making a "Batman film." And that's O.K., he's an artist that has a vision and I LOVED what he did. But when it came to Joker, he didn't give us JOKER. Joker isn't funny, he's nuts. He's sadistic. And the greatest aspect of the Joker is his relationship with Batman. Their co-dependance. Their inability and lack of desire when it comes to erasing the other. Without Batman, Joker has no point, and quite possibly without The Joker (and his other worthy foes that compose his Rouge Gallery), Batman may not have a point (one of the greatest aspects of Batmans psyche... does his presence perpetuate and create the madness around him....). Nolan is going to give us another BAT FILM, and for the first time in Live Action, we are going to get THE JOKER! And we're going to see Batman and The Joker duke it out both physically and mentally like the titans they are!

3. And yes, that does mean they can use any of the characters. That is why Penguin is rumored to be in "The Dark Knight" and that Two-face will be featured largely in the third film. But that doesn't mean we are going to get the same characters duplicated. Joker will be like he is supposed to be and the Penguin won't be a 1/2 creature with flippers for hands. He will be like he appeared originally, a short, aristocratic gentle-man with a lust for lawbreaking. I only hope he comes complete with an eye glass and a fondness for umbrellas ;-)

Man, you hit it right on the head with that!! Joker has never been done the right way, niether has any villian for that matter (save for Begins). So to get a chance to see that character come to life on the screen is going to be a dream. And as you said, I'm sure it was the screen test that landed heath the job. If he floored Nolan and Goyer, it is going to be fantastic....

I trust those two.... They gave me the best Batman movie I've ever seen. Lightning will strike twice, I'm sure of it. :cool:

As for the rest of the villians, I can't wait to see what direction they take with them. And when it comes time for Two-Face I hope they use some stuff from "A Long Halloween" or "Dark Victory"... Those two did some oustanding stuff with the character...

Found this pic on the Aussie site I check out. Thought you could all get the joke. errr

Last edited:
creecher said:
Found this pic on the Aussie site I check out. Thought you could all get the joke. errr

That looks pretty well done creech...I wonder if thats how he will look in the film....

What I liked about Batman Begins was how they tried to make everything psychologically plausible and acceptible in a pretty much "real world" setting. Now if you were going to run around with a painted face like that, you would have to be pretty much completely freakin' insane. I hope that the Joker is going to be disturbingly psycho and not wacky or silly. I trust that Nolan will be doing another great job. I am getting over my surprise at the casting and am really looking forward to this movie.

tomandshell said:
What I liked about Batman Begins was how they tried to make everything psychologically plausible and acceptible in a pretty much "real world" setting. Now if you were going to run around with a painted face like that, you would have to be pretty much completely freakin' insane. I hope that the Joker is going to be disturbingly psycho and not wacky or silly. I trust that Nolan will be doing another great job. I am getting over my surprise at the casting and am really looking forward to this movie.

You can expect THIS Joker to be more twisted, his psychotic sense of humor will prolly be far more disturbing, haunting and truer to the comics...

I don't anticipate much camp here, just some amazing acting... as we saw with Scarecrow; Cillian Murphy's performance in BB was extraordinary as was his Direction from Chris Nolan.

Re: Batman Sequel "The Dark Knight" Announced

NASEDO said:
The Joker again, there are some many other villians I dont understand why they keep doing the same villians/movies over and over.

Yeah, let's just forget that Batman Begins featured the Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul... :rolleyes: :lol

pjam said:
You can expect THIS Joker to be more twisted, his psychotic sense of humor will prolly be far more disturbing, haunting and truer to the comics...
That's what I think. The Dark Knight is probably going to be even darker(no pun intended) than BB, with the Joker being totally insane.

I loved Nicholson at the time of Batman the movie, but even he got dangerously close to Cesar Romero at times. Anyone see the Batman Beyond movie Return of the Joker? That's how I see him - more subdued and disturbed.

I sense Nolan using physical characterizations more like "The Crow" than any Clown to inspire this character; longer hair, dark,vengeful and psychotic in nature.

And my sense is we may see a quieter, relentless but completely narcissistic, twisted and explosive take with him.

One thing you can be sure of...

we will have NEVER seen THIS Joker before on film.

This has probably been discussed before, but what did you guys think of Batman: Dead End with Boner playing the Joker?

Last edited:
Batty said:
This has probably been discussed before, but what did you guys think of Batman: Dead End with Boner playing the Joker?

I liked that Joker a lot in demeanor and physicality but I don't know if we'll be seeing that "look" with TDK. I suspect he's gonna be stripped down a bit so his raw character will be what we see most... at least in the beginning as he may evolve physically throughout the film as he devolves in humanity...

Oh and Dave, I dug that BB ROTJ portrayal, seemed more plausible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back