"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talia is a must I think. But Hoffman as Penguin is perfect considering the more realistic direction that Nolan is taking vs. the Burton films. Jackman or Pearce as Dent would also be perfect. I have faith in Nolan and I think Ledger will be fine as Joker, although I don't see him in the role immediately.

What makes you say that regarding Talia Dave??

I admit, I'm not really familiar with her other that the knowledge that she is Ra's daughter and at one point, marries Batman. What makes her a "must" in this series to you?

Re: Batman Sequel "The Dark Knight" Announced

So is Hollywood out of American actors these days?

Batman... Brit
Alfred... Brit
Gordon... Brit
Ra's Al Ghul... Brit
Scarecrow... Brit
Falcone... Brit
Rutger Hauer... Dutch
and now Joker... Ausie?

Batty said:
I mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to talk to Crispen Glover a few months ago and he was considered to play the Joker(like pjam said). Of course he wouldn't confirm anything at the time. I would have liked to have seen him in the role.

The dude from Back to the Future? I can't think of him without picturing the Late Night With David Letterman show where he almost kicked Dave in the face. He'd be perfect in everyway excepting the ability to attract an audiance.

why re-do Joker? He's a villain that has been done before. Why not someone new? Don't get me wrong, i loved Batman Begins and Nolan's visions. Just wondering. ....i mean, if Joker will be re-done, then does this mean that it is possible the other villains will be re-done as well?

pjam said:
it was Nolan's decision and he was pitch perfect with casting "Begins" except for Holmes and who knew how she got that gig, prolly politics so I'm confident Nolan and Goyer are happy...

I disagree. Holmes is such a hot chick. And that was basically the only reason why she was in the movie. And that was fine with me! Why cast a not-so-hot chick for the part when you can?
Just take a look at this picture and you'll see my point(s) :monkey5

Finally! Looking forward to this more than anything.

The Dark Knight > Spider-man 3 > Iron Man > Crap > Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

The Joker again, there are some many other villians I dont understand why they keep doing the same villians/movies over and over.

Wor-Gar said:
Heath Ledger as The Joker???

Yikes....and supposedly Ryan Phillipe is in the running for Harvey Dent.

NASEDO said:
The Joker again, there are some many other villians I dont understand why they keep doing the same villians/movies over and over.

Joker won't be the only villian in this one.

I dont fully understand Hollywoods need to cram pack muliplte villians into a single movie.IMO it detracts from haveing a central story line.You always end up with to much going on and villians with not enough screen time. I think they should have one central villian to center the movie around. I think thats what made the first Burton Batman so good.

Collector Freak said:
Finally! Looking forward to this more than anything.

The Dark Knight > Spider-man 3 > Iron Man > Crap > Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer

even though i liked batman as a kid, this assumption is way off. for one, spiderman 3 is gonna kick ass big time. two, john favreu is directing iron man so dont put that movie down before they even announce the script is finished. and three, the only thing that you guessed right is fantastic four.

back on topic, this sounds good but i am dissappointed because now the batman movie is gonna be filled with pretty boys. my girlfriend got really excited when i told her about heath being the new joker.

hairlesswookiee said:
my girlfriend got really excited when i told her about heath being the new joker.

:lol :lol ..so did mine.

King Darkness said:
I dont fully understand Hollywoods need to cram pack muliplte villians into a single movie.IMO it detracts from haveing a central story line.You always end up with to much going on and villians with not enough screen time. I think they should have one central villian to center the movie around. I think thats what made the first Burton Batman so good.

i agree 100%, but if its done right you never know. of course the batman movies are the main culprits for being ruined when too many villains are introduced.

2 Years from now, we will be seeing threads on Hot Toys vs. Takara vs. Medicom "The Dark Knight" 12 inch figures.

I am now predicting that Takara will produce the best "The Dark Knight" figure.

A Heath Ledger Joker figure will be nice too.

Bonehead15 said:
Ugh...:huh

That makes as much sense as Arnold playing Mr.Freeze. :rolleyes:

Or Keaton, the comedian, playing Batman! :D

Ledger, at first blush, is a definite question mark I totally got that vibe too. But he can also play an off color character with a mean streak very well as he did in "Lords of Dogtown" and I think that is what Nolan is going for here, (although HL leaned a bit too heavily on the Kilmer/Jim Morrison paradigm).

My only concern is his gravely voice but as I have stated earlier if Nolan is good with it, I am good with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back