1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good points, though for me, I would've liked for Nolan to have leaned into 'fantasy' just a bit, but I certainly respect his approach.

It's a bit like the Phoenix Joker being too hung up on realism, and in turn emasculating the villain by making him downtrodden and pathetic, creating a movement only by accident that may lead to him becoming the Joker.

One essential trait of Bruce Wayne is his grim determination to fight crime, avenging his parents' deaths. It's what drives him. So running away at the end of The Dark Knight and going into seclusion for eight years didn't really tally with his character.

By condensing Batman's story so much also meant that Catwoman only appeared late in his career. In the comics she was there in 1940 and has had a somewhat interesting relationship with Bruce over the years.

For me the Dark Knight Trilogy plays better without the third part, and without the ending to the Dark Knight. What is it with Burton and Nolan both killing off major villains shortly after introducing them?

That brings me back to the figures and why I wrote that the accuracy of the revolver doesn't pose an issue. The figures have a life beyond the films, and Two-Face has yet to establish his criminal empire!

I display the villains from other series with Nolan's, so HT Two-Face can share space with Gotham's Penguin and Riddler.

It's a bit like the Phoenix Joker being too hung up on realism, and in turn emasculating the villain by making him downtrodden and pathetic, creating a movement only by accident that may lead to him becoming the Joker.

One essential trait of Bruce Wayne is his grim determination to fight crime, avenging his parents' deaths. It's what drives him. So running away at the end of The Dark Knight and going into seclusion for eight years didn't really tally with his character.

By condensing Batman's story so much also meant that Catwoman only appeared late in his career. In the comics she was there in 1940 and has had a somewhat interesting relationship with Bruce over the years.

For me the Dark Knight Trilogy plays better without the third part, and without the ending to the Dark Knight. What is it with Burton and Nolan both killing off major villains shortly after introducing them?

That brings me back to the figures and why I wrote that the accuracy of the revolver doesn't pose an issue. The figures have a life beyond the films, and Two-Face has yet to establish his criminal empire!

I display the villains from other series with Nolan's, so HT Two-Face can share space with Gotham's Penguin and Riddler.

That's what's so great about figures! We can 'make-believe' whatever we want with them.

Hated tdkr. I think the robin thing at the end made me hate the film and also it just didn?t feel like a Batman film.

Don't they kill off villains in almost every comic book movie? I did like how Scarecrow popped up in the sequels, that was pretty refreshing to see.

Hated tdkr. I think the robin thing at the end made me hate the film and also it just didn?t feel like a Batman film.

I can't say I hated it, but I never had the urge to re-watch it after seeing it once in theaters. Some day I'll check it out again.

Yes, it looks more like a Colt Python,

View attachment 477576

than Two-Face's S&W Model 64:

View attachment 477577

Nerve Toys' Two-Face revolver is closer, but still not accurate. I think it's a recast of the original Hot Toys version.

Though completely wrong, the Hot Toys 2.0 does have that lovely nickel plated finish.

Wow, it's been awhile and I must admit I didn't look back to see how inaccurate the revolver is. My question is why :lol? The finish is terrific and it looks dope in his hand but still, how hard would it have been to look at a screenshot and replicate the proper weapon? Is it possible they could need permission from the S&W if they came too close to what was in the film?

77f6829091622c8868a802b1d9c79f2d.jpg

Is it possible they could need permission from the S&W if they came too close to what was in the film?

That could well be the reason.

Thinking that this one was probably a re-use from another figure I looked through the IMFDB list for Colt Python. Nothing stood out or checked out.

But Googling Hot Toys Colt Python took me to their 2012 City Hunter figure:

PD13397393001br.jpg

Got mine today. Amazing figure, the tailoring is impressive. I'd say pretty close to those $ 1k sixth scale custom suits. Everyone should get this figure

Me too. My order switched to “payment processing”, so hopefully soon.

Sideshow processed my payment almost two weeks ago but still hasn't shipped it out yet. I'm not in any rush, but I am curious why they've been taking so long to actually ship an in-stock item.

On the upside, I now have more time to figure out where to display this figure now that I don't have a TDK shelf anymore.

Just got mine! Haven’t opened him all the way yet, but he looks good. I need to put some figures away so I can display him, Batman, and Joker together on one detolf shelf. My detolfs are a bit of a mess right now. :lol

Hmm... If any of you were to get either Two-Face or Neo, which would you pick? Most of my collection is made out of LOTR, Terminator and SW.

In terms of the figure I feel, from what I have seen, that the burnt side of Harvey is a bit underwhelming compared to prototype. Maybe this isn't the case when you have it in hand?

Hmm... If any of you were to get either Two-Face or Neo, which would you pick? Most of my collection is made out of LOTR, Terminator and SW.

In terms of the figure I feel, from what I have seen, that the burnt side of Harvey is a bit underwhelming compared to prototype. Maybe this isn't the case when you have it in hand?

I had it but sold it on, it?s very underwhelming & has zero shelf presence & I?m mostly a batman collector
b335b6bd13607106b28e5a8389c36921.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had it but sold it on, it?s very underwhelming & has zero shelf presence & I?m mostly a batman collector
b335b6bd13607106b28e5a8389c36921.jpg

Oh dang it, that doesn?t look as advertised... Still want a figure with a proper suit and I can?t see any other than Hot Toys nailing one. Ah well, might get this later on. Maybe even try to add something to the face.

Thank you for such a quick and honest review!

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

No problem. It was a let down for me, John wick is a fantastic figure tho-they nailed that suit

Oh dang it, that doesn?t look as advertised... Still want a figure with a proper suit and I can?t see any other than Hot Toys nailing one. Ah well, might get this later on. Maybe even try to add something to the face.

Thank you for such a quick and honest review!

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

Well I have a different opinion. I think it's a great figure and really one of the best Aaron Eckhart headsculpts to date. The suit tailoring is perfect and it's the best representation of the character. Also, crappy pictures don't help to "sell" the figure.
f910c0a602b8fe8e03d9b56ddb69797e.jpg

bfd7dd9dfb2b30faf50bfa232a9212b9.jpg

Back