1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the new one is an overall improvement, but the old version looks just fine...unless you have this one next to it. IMO the incremental improvement isn't worth @$285 (with shipping & taxes).

Having had the original and even modded/customized it to upgrade it at the time, I'd say this new one is more than just an incremental improvement. Incremental to me is the DX12 to the Armory version or BVS Superman to JL Superman. If you had the DX12 all you needed was the new head & mouthpieces from the armory version and you'd be just fine. However, this Two-Face has upgraded sculpt detailing, paint apps, tailoring, body, fabric choices and overall more accurate.

Having had the original and even modded/customized it to upgrade it at the time, I'd say this new one is more than just an incremental improvement. Incremental to me is the DX12 to the Armory version or BVS Superman to JL Superman. If you had the DX12 all you needed was the new head & mouthpieces from the armory version and you'd be just fine. However, this Two-Face has upgraded sculpt detailing, paint apps, tailoring, body, fabric choices and overall more accurate.

That was my take on this as well. I had the original and sold it a long time ago and never had a desire to get it again. It was short, pin headed and had really poor tailoring on most of it. The sculpt was decent but not nearly as good as V2. That being said V2 is about $40 overpriced. That’s the only thing that makes it a hard purchase.

That was my take on this as well. I had the original and sold it a long time ago and never had a desire to get it again. It was short, pin headed and had really poor tailoring on most of it. The sculpt was decent but not nearly as good as V2. That being said V2 is about $40 overpriced. That’s the only thing that makes it a hard purchase.

oh yea for sure, definitely overpriced, even at today's standards. I can't talk completely as I don't have a desired to start gathering Nolan Bat figs all over again so I won't be purchasing this bad boy either way. But, with that said, if I had other Nolan Bat figs, as much as it would suck to eat the asking price, I would to have the better fig in my collection. It's part of the reason why I've not come back to the comic movie line figure collecting. There just no end to the possibility of a better version coming out down the road and your old one all of sudden being nearly worthless :lol I just restrain and enjoy them from afar :lol

That was my take on this as well. I had the original and sold it a long time ago and never had a desire to get it again. It was short, pin headed and had really poor tailoring on most of it. The sculpt was decent but not nearly as good as V2. That being said V2 is about $40 overpriced. That?s the only thing that makes it a hard purchase.

Also, up until a couple years ago, the original release couldn't be found for under $300, so $285 for an upgraded version is a step up (though I agree, it's overpriced for what it comes with).

I never owned the original but tried to kitbash one together a few years ago (I procrastinated getting the suit burns painted, then this was announced), and this 2.0 release looks better than what I was putting together (and still costs less).

For those who are curious, I tried swapping the new head sculpt with the original Two-Face head sculpt, and the neck on the old head sculpt is too short (and too wide) to fit well on the new release. It's possible, but it looks a bit stumpy. I prefer the likeness on the old sculpt and thought I could do a "best of both worlds" combo with the new tailoring/body, but that idea's out. Like others have said before, the paint on the new sculpt is much better and really helps sell the realism angle.

No argument that V2 is the superior product, but for me it's not worth the cost to upgrade. Maybe if I really loved the character but that's not the case, and given that the movie is now 12 years old he simply was no longer on my radar.

That was my take on this as well. I had the original and sold it a long time ago and never had a desire to get it again. It was short, pin headed and had really poor tailoring on most of it. The sculpt was decent but not nearly as good as V2. That being said V2 is about $40 overpriced. That?s the only thing that makes it a hard purchase.

It can look pin-headed if one doesn't take the time to get the suit sitting properly on his shoulders (granted, the tailoring and burn effects make that a challenge), but if you do IMO it looks fine. I never really thought it looked short, but I have mine posed next to SWAT Team Gordon so I guess it's a relative thing. :lol

Now that the Dark Knight has been revived with the announcement of the Inart Joker and the release of HT DX19, I am interessted to know what you guys think about this two face?
Popcultcha has it for 200 EUR with 20% OFF.

Now that the Dark Knight has been revived with the announcement of the Inart Joker and the release of HT DX19, I am interessted to know what you guys think about this two face?
Popcultcha has it for 200 EUR with 20% OFF.
Excellent price for a very good figure. It really just depends on how deep you wish to go into the Nolan TDK collection.

I've got this figure and it looks great on display with all of the others, but I've been pretty much all in with TDK. (except for the InArt Joker...) :monkey3

With the 20% code CARDBACK it seems US customers can get it around $180 SHIPPED. That's pretty damn good. Sideshow is sold out and ebay prices are pretty much still retail.

Ha! interesting to see this thread brought back. Nearly 2 years ago, I mentioned above not wanting to get back into comicbook movie figures yet here I am with InArt Joker on order, and now contemplating the DX19, this TwoFace and other Nolanverse figures :lol :slap Not to mention the few MCU figures I've picked up relatively recently either

With the 20% code CARDBACK it seems US customers can get it around $180 SHIPPED. That's pretty damn good. Sideshow is sold out and ebay prices are pretty much still retail.
R.gif
Use the same code. it seems like that

I have only two figures from the Nolan movies, and this is one of them (the other is neither Batman nor Joker... though I may pick up the DX19). I especially love Two-Face in TDK, so I'm partial to the performance/character design. The figure itself isn't perfect, but I'm generally happy with it, and it's better than the custom I was trying to put together. If you're less interested in him as a character though, then I could see it being a pass.

Love the character and love the figure…but this thing sold so slowly you would have thought that he was wearing Force Awakens Storm Trooper armor instead of a coat and tie.
I was waiting for Sideshow to start shipping him for free with other purchases.

Back