1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk if this happened to anyone else but my two face knees broke. I’m not sure if it was due to it being an old body or what but same thing happened to my old joker figure V1 . Glad this came out

This was really common with bodies from that period of release (Bank Robber Joker, Two-Face, etc.). I've had to fashion artificial knee joint replacements for at least a half dozen such figures. The plastic in those joints was brittle and would decay after a few years.

This was really common with bodies from that period of release (Bank Robber Joker, Two-Face, etc.). I've had to fashion artificial knee joint replacements for at least a half dozen such figures. The plastic in those joints was brittle and would decay after a few years.

Wow. It’s crazy how my old figures just broke so easily after I checked on them. Very sad . Now I have to get a replacement body for my figures

Is it just me who thinks that the "human" part of his head looks nothing like Aaron Eckhart?

Is it just me who thinks that the "human" part of his head looks nothing like Aaron Eckhart?

Sadly, the old two-face from hot toys have more accurate likeness, then I see it is yulli who sculpt this new head.
Many of her works are not quite good in term of likeness such QS Joker, Infinity War Captain America. She is a good sculptor, but yeah, sometimes she just can't nail that likeness from the actor/actress.
Everybody who have collected Hot Toys Since DX01 are wishing for the ultimate 1/6 Joker which we haven't see till today :pray:

I think the old head had a better likeness to Eckhart for the Dent side but this one has a better likeness to the CGI in the movie for the burned side.

I think the old head had a better likeness to Eckhart for the Dent side but this one has a better likeness to the CGI in the movie for the burned side.

I think it's the hair color and shape that throws it off. The face is good and the burnt side is almost the same on both.I
9d937c242f8db4dce6704beab856d0c3.jpg

I think it's the hair color and shape that throws it off. The face is good and the burnt side is almost the same on both.I
9d937c242f8db4dce6704beab856d0c3.jpg

The burnt side is definitely more film accurate on the new version.
The overall sculpt is far less soft than the original.
Hair colour is a bit off tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

improveneed.JPG
Suggested improvement points
1. Needs more bone color exposed
2. The skin damage should show more muscle underneath
3. Looks too mellow. Should show more determination and inner anger
4. Should show more bone

I know we are getting spoiled by better artist's sculpts and it's becoming more challenging every year, but we are paying top price and we have rights to demand... you know :)

I wonder how the CGI face will age. Does it still hold up in those new 4K tv thingies? It looked good in 2008. It's the only visual thing I fear will age badly in the Nolan trilogy. It might rival the hand drawn Joker death from 89 Batman. :lol

I'm really hoping that this is sort of a teaser of what's to come. HT has come a long way since their last stab at the Nolan figures, and it'd be great if Harvey was a nice incentive purchase with a new Bats and Joker on display at SDCC. Maybe wishful thinking, but with the state that DC is in right now, and the fact that we're probably not seeing a new Batman design from a film in the near future, it would be the time for them to do it. I'd honestly PO this the second I saw confirmation of new Nolan figs.

I'm really hoping that this is sort of a teaser of what's to come. HT has come a long way since their last stab at the Nolan figures, and it'd be great if Harvey was a nice incentive purchase with a new Bats and Joker on display at SDCC. Maybe wishful thinking, but with the state that DC is in right now, and the fact that we're probably not seeing a new Batman design from a film in the near future, it would be the time for them to do it. I'd honestly PO this the second I saw confirmation of new Nolan figs.

I always welcome a new Joker. We'll surely get Juaquin's version next year, but if they make another Heath, then the only thing left for them to do is the nurse version and include the purple suit again. I wouldn't mind a "clean" makeup like the 1/4 version, in which case it could be a remake of the original DX 01 with the grenade jacket.

Personally, I'd also like another Nicholson and the forgotten Romero Joker.

Screw it I don't own/have never owned a Two-Face, so I decided to pull the trigger.

I have SO MANY pre-orders!!! The battle for funds and space is getting real!

The quarter scale Begins and TDK Joker are pretty recent entries and they have been very mediocre attempts. Hot Toys didn’t do anything ground breaking with them. I don’t think Hot Toys is capable of improving on the Armory TDK Batman or DX 11 Joker honestly. We’d probably just see slight rereleases of things that have already been done, like the minor differences from OC Batman to Toy Fair Begins, or DX 12 Batman to Armory Batman, the straight rereleases of the Tumbler and Batpod etc. etc. Probably be lame “new” stuff like this,

8D5B6405-C8D3-48B9-B336-B06439EE519F.jpeg

It’d be complete BS if they start going back and doing redos of Nolan Batman stuff instead of,

- releasing Romero Joker
- releasing the Arkham Batgirl
- finishing the Batman Returns line with Catwoman and Penguin
- making a Ra’s Al Ghul
- doing a quarter scale Nicholson and Keaton

With Justice League and the DCEU dead and buried, they have a couple of years before The Batman comes where they can focus on producing things they actually teased and showed off. Now is the time to do it. If they start doing Ledger Joker and Bale Batman 5.0s, Bane, Catwoman, John Blake and Scarecrow 2.0s, that would be super disappointing. I want to see new stuff get done, things that have never been done before that have the potential to be exciting and successful.

I’d rather see Kilmer Batman and Chris O’Donnell Robin done in 1/6 instead another Bale and Ledger.

I always welcome a new Joker. We'll surely get Juaquin's version next year, but if they make another Heath, then the only thing left for them to do is the nurse version and include the purple suit again. I wouldn't mind a "clean" makeup like the 1/4 version, in which case it could be a remake of the original DX 01 with the grenade jacket.

Personally, I'd also like another Nicholson and the forgotten Romero Joker.

I know the nurse idea is popular, but if HT was going to pursue that, I suspect they would have done that when the hype was real for the series. Even if it was a combo pack. At this point they'd likely be targeting newcomers to a Ledger Joker than original collectors. The only legacy character I think that truly would be sought after by both groups would be Ra's.

The reality of all of this though its that if they do a new 1/6 Joker, it'll be a scaled down 1/4 sculpt more than likely. Which in my books, I think is very much okay. But from what I can gather, I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Wow. It’s crazy how my old figures just broke so easily after I checked on them. Very sad . Now I have to get a replacement body for my figures

If you have a bit of patience, the cost in tools and materials to fix your broken knee is going to be about the same as a new Truetype body. If you have multiple broken bodies, you can save a lot of money by jut fixing your old ones instead.

Back