1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd much rather the next DX was a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman to cover both the clean and battle damaged looks.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what Hot Toys release. They leave lines unfinished like Batman Returns, Begins, Justice League but then randomly return to old figures like this.

I assumed after we got both Bale Bats and Joker in quarter scale that Bane and Two Face would be next. Now they seem to have abandoned that line...at least for now.

Anyone have a guess as to why HT has not produced any Returns figures. Perhaps they only had the rights to Keaton?

Anyone have a guess as to why HT has not produced any Returns figures. Perhaps they only had the rights to Keaton?

Uh, maybe because that movie was like from the ancient analog days of yore...do you log on to the computer all by yourself?

I'd much rather the next DX was a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman to cover both the clean and battle damaged looks.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what Hot Toys release. They leave lines unfinished like Batman Returns, Begins, Justice League but then randomly return to old figures like this.

I assumed after we got both Bale Bats and Joker in quarter scale that Bane and Two Face would be next. Now they seem to have abandoned that line...at least for now.
I dont think we are ever getting the pfeiffer catwoman or the devito penguin. Hot toys teased those in an ad maybe 6 or 7 years ago. If they were going to make them it would have happened by now. I'm guessing its a likeness issue because they did make batman from that film.

Uh, maybe because that movie was like from the ancient analog days of yore...do you log on to the computer all by yourself?

Im sure your dad has it in his movie collection. You should check it out. BTW You wouldn’t have your Nolan Batman films if it wasn't for the success of Burton’s Batman.

Im sure your dad has it in his movie collection. You should check it out. BTW You wouldn’t have your Nolan Batman films if it wasn't for the success of Burton’s Batman.

no i would say if it wasn’t for Frank Miller, and Darren Aronofsky dropping out, Nolan never would have made Batman. Burton really had no influence on Nolan and the Burton/Schumacher films ran Batman into the ground both financially and critically. After Batman & Robin the super hero genre was kinda done.

I dont think we are ever getting the pfeiffer catwoman or the devito penguin. Hot toys teased those in an ad maybe 6 or 7 years ago. If they were going to make them it would have happened by now. I'm guessing its a likeness issue because they did make batman from that film.

I don't think it has anything to do with likeness. In the past several years, there have been officially licensed products with the likeness of both Devito and Pfeiffer from "Batman Returns."

Hot Toys didn't make them for other reasons altogether. I suspect Disney has something to do with it.

no i would say if it wasn’t for Frank Miller, and Darren Aronofsky dropping out, Nolan never would have made Batman. Burton really had no influence on Nolan and the Burton/Schumacher films ran Batman into the ground both financially and critically. After Batman & Robin the super hero genre was kinda done.

no i would say it if it wasn't for Adam West and Burt Ward making their TV show and making Batman a super-popular, enduring pop icon, Burton and Nolan would never have made Batman.

no i would say if it wasn't for Bob Kane and Bill Finger making their Batman comic books, West and Burton and Nolan would never have made their Batman movies.

no i would say if it wasn't for the development of single-celled life many billions of years ago on the primordial surface of the Earth, Kane and Finger and West and Burton and Nolan would never have made their Batman movies.

this is a stupid argument.

Jack Sparrow DX 2.0 DX 15 was last year also. I would expect another DX previewed soon. I do have doubts that a new Joker would best the DX 11. But I felt the same about Jack too and the DX 15 was an overall improvement.

I would much rather see them take another crack at Indiana Jones though. Harrison Ford, another dude they haven't got right except as an old man.

A new Indy is sorely needed.

This is at least $30 over priced. Such a bare bones figure. Apart from the one half of his face it's basically just a guy in a suit.

This will be the new norm....cause we keep making excuses for price hikes cause we “gotta have it”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Is it just me who thinks that the "human" part of his head looks nothing like Aaron Eckhart?

Your not alone. The old sculpt had a better looking human side to me.

Your not alone. The old sculpt had a better looking human side to me.

i agree the normal head side is a little off. the quality of the new head sculpt, along with the proper head size, suit tailoring, and correct tie pattern will balance it into the im ok with it category . i sold my original yrs ago in hopes hed be revisited for those reasons.

I don't think it has anything to do with likeness. In the past several years, there have been officially licensed products with the likeness of both Devito and Pfeiffer from "Batman Returns."

Hot Toys didn't make them for other reasons altogether. I suspect Disney has something to do with it.
I don't think there's any great mystery behind why Hot Toys decides to make what they make, and when. I'm sure it's all about sales.

Since production capacity is a finite resource, I'm sure that they're thinking "Well, we can dedicate this production window to Penguin or another Iron Man. Iron Man will sell more. Decision made."

Marvel is prioritized because Marvel is surely their highest selling line, which necessitates abandoning or delaying other projects. It sucks, for sure, but I get it. Even I, a diehard DC fan, buy way more Marvel figures than DC figures, because DC films have been sucking hard since 2013. Marvel cranks out good movies every year, and good movies surely drive figure sales. Making the case to delay a Marvel figure in favour of a Penguin from 1992 has got to be a hard in the halls of Hot Toys.

I would definitely prefer to see a wider variety of properties, certainly more older properties, but I get why it probably doesn't make business sense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1989 Batman revived that franchise. Returns was a fall off in quality compared to it but it’s still beloved. Saying Burton ran it into the ground couldn’t be farther from the truth. Now Schumacher...that’s a whole different story.

no i would say it if it wasn't for Adam West and Burt Ward making their TV show and making Batman a super-popular, enduring pop icon, Burton and Nolan would never have made Batman.

no i would say if it wasn't for Bob Kane and Bill Finger making their Batman comic books, West and Burton and Nolan would never have made their Batman movies.

no i would say if it wasn't for the development of single-celled life many billions of years ago on the primordial surface of the Earth, Kane and Finger and West and Burton and Nolan would never have made their Batman movies.

this is a stupid argument.

:lol :lol :lol

1989 Batman revived that franchise. Returns was a fall off in quality compared to it but it’s still beloved. Saying Burton ran it into the ground couldn’t be farther from the truth. Now Schumacher...that’s a whole different story.

Burton produced Batman Forever. Thats what I was referring to and then it ran into the ground, thats why i said Burton/Schumacher. I wasn't referring to 89 or Returns. WB wanted more merch friendly films. Batman Forever actually made more money than Returns, but it got critically panned.

Back