1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure like the 66 Batmobile, Howard has the prototypes in his office. :lol

Anyone who believes anything Howard says hasn't been in this hobby long enough.

Nah, most of the interviews he's given are fine. It's just the fans, especially on Freaks and FB, feel like HTs owes them something and act extremely spoiled never considering this stuff isn't easy to make. Everytime a new figure is posted you get streams of them saying make this and that.

A few below were saying Marvel/Disney take precedent, but there are plenty of Marvel and Star Wars they showed the entire figure and haven't been put up for sale yet.

So what happens, fans make up conspiracy theories on why they haven't been released and it spreads rumors and then you all kind of latch onto those rumors and many think they know the inner workings of the company. And this discussion is heavily rebooted in the DC threads anytime a Batman figure is released.

My fault for participating in it, i know. I dont frequent this site much anymore, but started to when Dent was released the other day. Still see the same people talking about the same stuff. I know I got suckered into it again, and probably shouldnt have written anything, but whatever. Just amazes me after all these years nothing has really changed here. Same stuff over and over.

Last edited:
I think Howard is full of **** with contradictory answers.

View attachment 460342
View attachment 460343

:lol

Man. Think about that for a second. That announcement for 1/6 and 1/4 figures was 7 years ago.

Curious how long their contracts last for licenses last anyway. Why have Hot Toys been allowed to hold the Dark Knight license for 10+ years now when a company like Enterbay loses it within only 2? Why is Hot Toys allowed to put a stranglehold on all these licenses they do nothing with?

I hope Mezco can make a Nicholson Joker for their Batman. The outfit might suffer in 1/12 tho.

Mezco would never pony up the cash for his rights.

PG4XR0t.gif

In that case, let's kidnap the bastard and make him sign the papers.

oh which one? i posted 2. there are others out there as well but digging them out takes time. and he’s mentioned licensing in other interviews over the years.

Oh my bad I didn’t see the first interview, I meant the second where he says one of the Toy Fair exclusives is *COUGHCOUGH* a villain from The Dark Knight. :lol

What a thought, a businessman saying what people want to hear with vague timeframe answers so as to remain non-committal. What a wild and inventive concept.

I think Howard is full of **** with contradictory answers.

View attachment 460342
View attachment 460343

[emoji38]

Man. Think about that for a second. That announcement for 1/6 and 1/4 figures was 7 years ago.

Curious how long their contracts last for licenses last anyway. Why have Hot Toys been allowed to hold the Dark Knight license for 10+ years now when a company like Enterbay loses it within only 2? Why is Hot Toys allowed to put a stranglehold on all these licenses they do nothing with?

I wonder if the license for Watchmen is still held by Hot Toys. There is plenty of other merchandise from other companies but no 1/6 figures. If they aren't going to use it no one can?

Unless Enterbay came back and made a 1/4th scale Rorschach, sending Hot Toys into panic mode which would cause them to finish the line. :woo

Just like how Hot Toys suddenly started caring about the Arkham line again after Prime1 started making bank on their statues from it. I think a few times Hot Toys even added extra features to some of their Iron Men to combat Play Imaginative. The Enterbay Terminator figures lit a fire under them too.

Hot Toys only does interesting things when they have competition. Their Robocop figures are beautiful, and those came about around the time Enterbay made that 1/4th scale figure with a remote control, and Hot Toys even added a remote control that made sounds. :lol

It's a shame NECA's 1/4th scale Batman Returns figures didn't do super well, otherwise we'd probably have Penguin and Catwoman in hand right now.

Nah, most of the interviews he's given are fine. It's just the fans, especially on Freaks and FB, feel like HTs owes them something and act extremely spoiled never considering this stuff isn't easy to make.

There's nothing spoiled about not wanting to be lied to or jerked around.

So what happens, fans make up conspiracy theories on why they haven't been released and it spreads rumors and then you all kind of latch onto those rumors and many think they know the inner workings of the company.

We are open to literally any other theory which matches and explains the facts. You, and Howard, have not provided one.

My fault for participating in it, i know. I dont frequent this site much anymore, but started to when Dent was released the other day.

The sad thing is, most of us don't frequent the site anymore - in large part because Hot Toys is refusing to make these figures in the first place.

If this means they're releasing a few more Nolanverse figures, perchance they release a revamped Tumbler or Batpod? I can only wish.

There's nothing spoiled about not wanting to be lied to or jerked around.

We are open to literally any other theory which matches and explains the facts. You, and Howard, have not provided one.

The sad thing is, most of us don't frequent the site anymore - in large part because Hot Toys is refusing to make these figures in the first place.

Thank you for the reply, lets just say we disagree and we can move on. But I will leave you with one final thing—sorry if i got B*tchy and defensive and I really don't want to argue with you guys anymore. Personally i feel we all have lots in common and we all love the movies and collectibles, its just we are all our own individuals and we sometimes collect and think differently. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, I rather talk about happy things than argue. Again, my fault, i started in on it, but from now on if I participate I want to stay more positive and leave the arguing to others.

Sounds good? :)

Back