The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to resist the New Barney Ross figure. The expendables is not from my childhood, but Stallone is....I am torn.

Really? anyplace besides ebay?

Sadly no :( ..but MIB boxed examples, shipped from China or UK, pop up reasonably frequently. Postage from these parts of the world to Australia is cheaper than what it costs from the States, but this won't help you much if you're in the US.

This is about what I had to pay for mine shipped, but we aussies expect to pay around 20% more for every figure because of shipping. I know it's not a great deal in your parts...

https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DID-Captai...719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f21fb57

Last edited:
I'm trying to resist everything Hot Toys, right now. I've recently discovered the Batman Black and White line. While those are a lot cheaper than Hot Toys stuff, I also have to resist going crazy and buying them all at once. I know I'll never find Mignola or Miller for a decent price, though.

I am trying to resist the New Barney Ross figure. The expendables is not from my childhood, but Stallone is....I am torn.

With the dramatic increase in HT quality Barney Ross is unfortunately the only lifelike looking Stallone figure that's gonna be available(everything before that is not in consideration). Although Barney is not my favorite Stallone character(I'm really not liking that goatee), I'm not sure if it's the last Stallone figure we gonna get. If anyone has any insight whether HT is gonna make more Stallone figures I would appreciate if you informed me.

With the dramatic increase in HT quality Barney Ross is unfortunately the only lifelike looking Stallone figure that's gonna be available(everything before that is not in consideration). Although Barney is not my favorite Stallone character(I'm really not liking that goatee), I'm not sure if it's the last Stallone figure we gonna get. If anyone has any insight whether HT is gonna make more Stallone figures I would appreciate if you informed me.

There were some rumours about - possibly sparked by a 1:1 cutout of Stallone as Rocky in the foyer of Hot Toys or something like that - that Rocky 1 was a pipeline project?

T-1000 gets left out for T1-800 AND Barney Ross. (Don't care about the movie. Figure is bad a$$ just because.)

There were some rumours about - possibly sparked by a 1:1 cutout of Stallone as Rocky in the foyer of Hot Toys or something like that - that Rocky 1 was a pipeline project?

Thanks. I hope it's true.

I'm trying to resist everything Hot Toys, right now. I've recently discovered the Batman Black and White line. While those are a lot cheaper than Hot Toys stuff, I also have to resist going crazy and buying them all at once. I know I'll never find Mignola or Miller for a decent price, though.

I'm in the same boat as you. There are a TON of those statues, my guess is there are probably around 20 of them, and more are on the way. I've got my eye on a few of them, but I know once I buy one i'm gonna want to get em all.

T-1000 sarah connor disguise version, waitlist converted and well . . . I will most likely buy since I want that head!

Also, maybe a 3rd T-1000 regular.

Other figures on the fence about,

Rex and Cody. Not sure if I want to get into clone troopers, but if I do, the Commanders would be the only ones I collect.

Hans Landa, I really want a more fun sculpt rather than the dead serious one.

Chris Taylor, really amazing figure, not sure if he warrants a purchase, but maybe after rewatching the movie again will pursued me.

For an extremely long time I wanted Mech Test Tony, and I almost pulled the trigger a number of times, but I couldnt seem him looking cool on my shelf. My friend got him and after checking him out in person, while I can appreciate the sculpt and the figure, just wasnt for me.

****EDIT

Also have looking at A devs post in the T-1000 thread . . . currently resisting yet ANOTHER T 1000 purchase.

Last edited:
The question you face is how into Terminator 2 are you? Will it pain you to have to change from one cool look into another and not be able to have both.

Answer for me was I'm a Terminator obsessive and it would pain me a great deal. I find it hard enough changing from one cool pose into another without lamenting the loss of the previous pose.

I find it hard enough changing from one cool pose into another without lamenting the loss of the previous pose.

Good point :lecture I sometimes feel bad moving older stuff around to make room for new toys. :rotfl

I've recently been spending long hours debating purchasing Hot Toys Ed-209 and Tanaka Masterpiece Optimus for crazy inflated prices. Trying really hard not to.

I get insane thoughts of buying extra figures just to display different poses simulaneously - not even just different looks. Now I've done that with Neca figures but if I start doing that with Hot Toys figures I think I'd really need help.

ED-209 was, I think, my first ever Hot Toys item. If memory serves I ordered that from Forbiddenplanet.co.uk! Can't believe I ever I actually received it with that sites record, though it was delivered to the wrong house at first.

ED is a must for a Robocop fan....but the prices I imagine he goes for today (haven't investigated that) would really test how much of a fan you are.

Really trying to avoid this amazing display. It's getting near Halloween and always trying to resist the awesome new stuff people are coming out with:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2db_KN32AWs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2db_KN32AWs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ED is a must for a Robocop fan....but the prices I imagine he goes for today (haven't investigated that) would really test how much of a fan you are.

I'm more of an Ed fan than a Robocop fan but a grand for Ed just to have the rubber dome deteriorate on me is too much. I'll just have to hold out hope that someone releases a new Ed thats bigger than my baby Koto.

I try to resist a lot of figures, but I end up buying almost every release because I fear that if I want it later, it's going to cost 5 to 10 times as much. I still think about Rambo all the time, how he was $65 through Sideshow when it first came out.

Back