The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are weak. :monkey1 Down to the path of Prequels collecting you are :D

Only busts. I get the feeling Sideshow will probably announce a PT bust at SDCC. Seems like it's time for one.

I'd keep the points for now... especially as you'd lose points (about $25 worth) from Grievous since you can't cover the full cost of him with RP.

Also, you can get him cheaper on eBay, or by watching the Commerce section... 2 sold on eBay last week below $400 shipped.

I may have to go the point route with Flexpay so it'd only be about $100 a month for 3 months. I'm currently paying for Vader and Ackbar on Flex. Gamorrean Guard and Boba will kick in a few months from now, too. :(

I foresee a 1:1 Jar Jar in his collection one day :lol

Obama+Hell+No.jpg

I may have to go the point route with Flexpay so it'd only be about $100 a month for 3 months. I'm currently paying for Vader and Ackbar on Flex. Gamorrean Guard and Boba will kick in a few months from now, too. :(

That makes sense... maybe its time just to have your paychecks direct-deposited to Sideshow :lol

Maybe its time for her to get an additional job then :lecture

I actually remember seeing a show about this couple where the wife was the primary income and her husband's income was used to buy art. Over 30+ years they'd amassed a huge and very valuable collection worth many times over what the paid.

So, might see if you can get that angle to work. And if you do; let me know how so I can try it on my wife :lol

Maybe its time for her to get an additional job then :lecture

I actually remember seeing a show about this couple where the wife was the primary income and her husband's income was used to buy art. Over 30+ years they'd amassed a huge and very valuable collection worth many times over what the paid.

So, might see if you can get that angle to work. And if you do; let me know how so I can try it on my wife :lol

:lol

Sadly, she'd make me get the extra job so she could spend the money on "non-nerdy stuff" (her words).

The Rocketeer PF. I guess saying I really want it goes without saying in a thread with this title, but I've wanted something like this since the movie was in theaters.

However, over $300 is a lot to drop on it (I'm a bit new to this side of the collector's area, where these prices are the norm since the items are such high quality). Also the display area is limited, since I can't have it at home right now, and a 19" figure might be a bit overwhelming for my office's bookshelf.

I just bought the Rocketeer bust to tide myself over, but I don't know if it will work.

Believe it or not a few Star wars Micro machines sets have jumped onto my trying to resist list. Those are probably what kickstarted my whole collecting hobby way back in '94. Theres a bunch of things galoob made that I didn't even know about, what with not having a computer and the internet back then, so my collection ended up incomplete as regards all the things I would have bought - some of it I wouldn't. It helps my resistance that one of the key things I was looking at suddenly went out of stock the day after I put it in my cart - and without it buying the other stuff seems almost pointless.

Something else I'd been looking at and adding to shopping cart but not pulling the trigger on was the SWAT military line figures from Hot Toys. I was contemplating these to go with my Hot Toys T-800 but again eventually it seems someone got in before me and snagged the remaining 2 of the best one...leaving only 1 deluxe figure and 1 female figure. 4 SWATs might have been worthwhile to go against the T-800 but just 2 and one of them female? Nah.

That damn DX Batman. It has oil issues and I already have the original TDK Batman but that damn thing looks so good I just want it. I keep reading all the problems with it in hopes I can talk myself out of it but there are also so many great pics that push me the other way.

That damn DX Batman. It has oil issues and I already have the original TDK Batman but that damn thing looks so good I just want it. I keep reading all the problems with it in hopes I can talk myself out of it but there are also so many great pics that push me the other way.

I know what you mean, I'm making myself hate Batman right now, so I don't have to buy the DX version. haha

-All 3 Hot Toys 'Predators' figures so far shown.

-Hot Toys Chris Taylor from Platoon

-another Hot Toys T-800 to create version I previously thought I could live without

-another T-1000 on top of existing preorders for same reason

-another Hot Toys T4 T-600 endoskeleton, just to have one without the backpack

The new Predators, already pre-order Berserker and Royce, and want to stop there. But with them now doing the Falcon, hope I don't give in when the photos pop up. Already bought T800, T1000 as Sarah and have the T1000 on pre-order as well. As well as the custom I'm working on. These ain't cheap either.

Hot Toys Predators, Inglorious Bastards, Prince of Persia, Watchmen, Assassins Creed, Blade 2, T-2, Kamui Gaiden...um...everything?

At this point I have to admit I have a disease that I'm sure many of us here have. We want to buy everything because they just look so good. Forget that we never were "really" interested in the series, the movie, or the character. Forget that these are costly. Forget that more will come and unless something changes your lifestyle, we will keep buying them and one day realize we've spent a lot more than we should have!

lol...but it feels damn good now...resisting hurts..

The medicom Daft Punk figures from tron. Love DP and the pre-order isn't up yet but they are tempting me like crazy.

Also, the Silver Surfer comiquette. I'll probably brake down on that sucker

Back